Watching Top Guys replays?

• Thread starter LJ
  • 14 comments

LJ

elj2020
Soopakool
Is there a way where you can watch the replays of the fastest laps for all the time trials? I would liketo improve and this would be a big helpif anyone knows how I can watch them:indiff:

LJ
Is there a way where you can watch the replays of the fastest laps for all the time trials? I would liketo improve and this would be a big helpif anyone knows how I can watch them:indiff:

Only by downloading every single one onto your PS3. Only way of viewing them that I'm aware of.

/\ That and/or scour youtube? Just be careful because there are some replays/users who cheat by exploiting the clutch in GT5P.

Jerome

If you go to the rankings section, I believe the top 10 times/points in each category give a replay you can download within prologue.

/\ That and/or scour youtube? Just be careful because there are some replays/users who cheat by exploiting the clutch in GT5P.

Jerome
Actually it has nothing to do with the clutch, they are actually not using the clutch at all. It was just initially thought to be some type of clutch cheat until we figured out what they were doing. A more accurate name would be to call it a shift cheat. Hopefully in a month or so it will be a distant memory:cheers:

From the GT home/main page, choose online rankings. Choose the car/track/physics. From the top 10, you can either download the replay -or- watch it (I believe streams the replay).

If you want to download the ghost replay to chase around the track. Go to Arcade time trial with the car and selected track. Access the online rankings from the menu, and download ghost. You can also download the replay here as well.

The "clutch cheat": You ever notice the throttle meter changes red for a split second when you shift. The throttle meter also changes red when you are using TCS or driving in the sand/grass. With the clutch you can eliminate that split second when you shift. The throttle meter no longer changes red when using the clutch. It allows you to shift quicker than what GTs system can do. If you can consistently shift swiftly without missing a gear, you can save some time.

No that's not really the clutch cheat. In GT5P when using the clutch you cannot keep the throttle planted while shifting, it just goes into neutral if you do that. Instead you must release the throttle for a split second. The clutch cheat is a way to keep the accelerator fully depressed and still change gear without it slipping into neutral.

Actually it has nothing to do with the clutch, they are actually not using the clutch at all. It was just initially thought to be some type of clutch cheat until we figured out what they were doing. A more accurate name would be to call it a shift cheat. Hopefully in a month or so it will be a distant memory:cheers:

Indeed! Now all you have to do for me z06fun is just slow down. I didn't know you were a GTP'er, I'll see about adding you to my friends list 👍

Jerome

Or to potentially identify cheaters, too...

Thank you. I am like the person that first mentioned the clutch cheat. I have been hearing about it all the time and never seen a real explanation of it. During my recent test drive on a G27, I found what I thought was the shift cheat. Apparently not.

I have a DFGT and am very happy with it, the G27 felt good but is not a must-have for me. Driving with the clutch was quite a similar experience to real life, but I have become accustomed to the paddle shifters.

I do not support cheating. Zodicus, you must have mistaken me for someone else.

To idenify cheaters is a good point, i hadnt thought of. no offence was intended. got enuf rammers and wall riders out there didnt want to see another thing pop up to deal with.

Back