Watching YouTube Videos Linked In News.

Wales
Wales
ARC_rono_thomas
Im curious if its just me, since the News change in format when I click to watch the you tube videos they constantly pause after playing 5-15 seconds of footage. I'm using iPhone SE and this only occurs watching YouTube Videos linked in GTPlanets news sections?

There haven't been any changes to the way YouTube videos are embedded into news articles, they are standard video players. I'm not sure what would cause that issue for you.

Happens to me too. When watching videos in either news or forums, they don't open full screen anymore and stop every so often like you said, 5-10 seconds. I too am on iPhone and maybe it's a device issue.

Huh, I just tried on my phone and experienced a similar issue on the latest article. I too remember embedded videos normally defaulting to full-screen if you played them. Must be a change with the apps?

The 787B video would stop every thirty seconds or so, but only in Chrome, and only if I didn't full-screen it. In Safari, or in full-screen, both videos would play without pause.

An update: I may have found (and fixed) something which caused this to occur here.

Let me know if you continue to experience the problem.

An update: I may have found (and fixed) something which caused this to occur here.

Let me know if you continue to experience the problem.

There's a new problem: all articles seem to direct to an error page.

For the record, this was caused by an iOS bug that was fixed in the latest version, 10.3.

iOS 10.3 was released just ten days ago (March 27), so please be sure to update all your devices.

Back