WATT, Yes it really is that bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghostrider135
  • 51 comments
  • 8,112 views
Messages
3,232
England
Blackpool
Messages
ghostrider135
So I thought I would buy myself a Tesla tonight and then it struck me why don't I see what the crack is with it so here's what I did.

Practice - Nurburgring Type V 15.18miles
Tesla Roadster - Standard Tune + Carbon Bonnet

At exactly 25minutes the tank erm no battery I mean was completely empty after exactly 36.2miles.
I would also like to add it handles like a slippery turd

Discuss :)
 
Did it just stop?
 
So I thought I would buy myself a Tesla tonight and then it struck me why don't I see what the crack is with it so here's what I did.

Practice - Nurburgring Type V 15.18miles
Tesla Roadster - Standard Tune + Carbon Bonnet

At exactly 25minutes the tank erm no battery I mean was completely empty after exactly 36.2miles.
I would also like to add it handles like a slippery turd

Discuss :)

he he. You can't really use this car in a endurance race where you would have to refuel (recharge).... well you could but you would loose by a margin of a couple of days :D
 
try again, but drive it sort of sensible - see how much further you can get with it
 
Nope it just gradually lost speed and coasted along at a steady 50mph sadly lol

I wouldn't use it for any race it handles like a greasy weasel haha

I don't think I wanna do an economy drive with it ill get bored off my nut besides couldn't anyway I have to keep destroying everything with my Evo :p
 
That's pretty funny, but it should die out all together if you ask me ^_^
 
The Tesla can receive engine tuning? If receives, it will become like the Prius in GT4 (lost the hybrid property if the engine was tuned)?
 
Yeah I was hoping it would just stop altogether sadly it didnt haha

Nope obviously Turbo's and Exhausts and things cant be fitted with it being powered by the national grid lol
 
Is anyone else dissapointed at the physics engine from this car? Yes, it only has a reported 288hp, but the 0-60 time should be 3.6sec and in GT5 the time is like around 7sec? :sick:
 
I did notice it was abit sluggish off the line but it doesn't matter really as I cant see many people using this car much in all honesty it's crap lol
 
I decided to try it yesterday, I can't believe how SLOW it is.. I mean I thought it at least had decent accel.

And racing tires and a lsd make it somewhat more useable, when I say somewhat it's like saying a toothpick is somewhat less deadly than a cannon.
 
Yeah I was hoping it would just stop altogether sadly it didnt haha

Nope obviously Turbo's and Exhausts and things cant be fitted with it being powered by the national grid lol

Would be funny if it did just stop and then there was an animation of the driver getting out and walking off with a massive extension cable.
 
Last edited:
I decided to try it yesterday, I can't believe how SLOW it is.. I mean I thought it at least had decent accel.

And racing tires and a lsd make it somewhat more useable, when I say somewhat it's like saying a toothpick is somewhat less deadly than a cannon.

Lol im not entirely sure what you mean by that but it was funny to read anyways :p

Would be funny if id did just stop and then there was an animation of the driver getting out and walking off with a massive extension cable.

Or if he *did a Stig* and just walked off and didnt come back :p
 
I would agree, driving the tesla is not quite as fun as I would have hoped. With good tyres, downforce and suspension, I bet it is quite a laugh on some tracks though.
 
It takes far to long to rev up into the power band. Exiting corners is an exercise in patients. I think it would handle better if only you could hold revs. The whole problem with the car for me is the horrible CVT trans. Sadly you can't replace it either.
 
The Tesla should be fun but isnt I wholeheartedly agree I also agree about the rev issue I mean i'm no electrician or anything but the power delivery should be instant think of it as turning the knob on a variable resistor (the variable resistor being the loud pedal)
 
It should be instant yes. The trans seems to be set in econ mode however.
 
I've heard there's a "Nuclear Power Plant" upgrade at level 30 for the Tesla, it comes with environmentalists following you around the track slamming on the windows.

(Yes, this is a joke, har har har)
 
It takes far to long to rev up into the power band. Exiting corners is an exercise in patients. I think it would handle better if only you could hold revs. The whole problem with the car for me is the horrible CVT trans. Sadly you can't replace it either.

wow, really? that goes against reality AIUI.

The tesla has all the power available at the get go. That is why as mentioned in post above that it can do 0-60mph in like 3.9s and the quarter-mile run in like 13s. Anyone know the roll-through of this car (time to get from 60mph to 90mph?)?

Also, isn't the car built on, or designed on, the Lotus elise car and extremely well-handling? At least I remember reading the MotorTrend article on the Tesla and they loved it for it's speed, accleration, handling, etc.

very odd...maybe KY hates electric vehicles and purposely degraded the Tesla perfromance!!
:dopey:
 
You don't sound like you've driven the car in the game. It is nothing like how you describe it. It should be, but it isn't.
 
I think PD just thought "**** off, its electric, no one wants that" and put a golf cart battery in it.
 
I actually like the idea. Its just a shame they've gone and mucked it up so badly. I ended up selling mine earlier. At least resale values are higher in this game.
 
Also, isn't the car built on, or designed on, the Lotus elise car and extremely well-handling? At least I remember reading the MotorTrend article on the Tesla and they loved it for it's speed, accleration, handling, etc.

Elise + 800lbs ≠ "extremely well-handling"
The tests I've seen of it (that weren't just thinly veiled advertisements with no actual test) basically agreed...
...it handles like a slippery turd
 
Also, isn't the car built on, or designed on, the Lotus elise car and extremely well-handling?
:dopey:

The lotus doesn't have a truck load of batteries to worry about.
 
he he. You can't really use this car in a endurance race where you would have to refuel (recharge).... well you could but you would loose by a margin of a couple of days :D

I have a solution for that. What about if the pit crew has an already charged battery ready for you, and they just change it? Just like the old cell phones, that you had to carry a few charged batteries with you.
 
Maybe if they add stormy as a weather condition to GT6 you could race mod it, which would do nothing more than add a lightning rod to the roof for quick recharges on the go. :sly:
 
Maybe if they add stormy as a weather condition to GT6 you could race mod it, which would do nothing more than add a lightning rod to the roof for quick recharges on the go. :sly:

Haha i love that idea, I think someones been watching too much Back To The Future :p
 
Also, isn't the car built on, or designed on, the Lotus elise car and extremely well-handling? At least I remember reading the MotorTrend article on the Tesla and they loved it for it's speed, accleration, handling, etc.

I refer you to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSFehyN8X7w&feature=related

This thing is an extremely poorly balanced experiment, You cant just add 800lbs to some random position in a super lightweight perfectly balanced car and then expect it to handle in any way that resembles sanity.
 
Back