WDS 18 - Flat Line Fun - Results Posted!

• Thread starter Suzuki
  • 39 comments

WDS18 picks

• Video 1 - [YOUTUBE]K0Q_L2ccgzg[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 3 - [YOUTUBE]4QY--bJ6F1M[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Memphis, Tn
LayNLow
motegi2xs4.jpg

Please read the following section carefully. Failure to comply with the rules may result in your video not being shown in the final poll.

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. NO IDENTIFYING MARKS. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured on entrant's choice of track cam or dive cam, as well as with the chase cam + display. Failure to at least show the chase view+display will result in your video not being shown in the final poll - NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Entrants will upload their videos to YouTube. Entrants will not post their videos in the thread themselves.
  • Entrants will PM me the YouTube link to their video before the next Sunday. All that is necessary is the URL. It should look similar to the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dl49BbZi6Q
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (usually Sunday, unless I'm very busy).
  • There will be 1 week of voting to determine a winner.
  • The winner selects a theme & location for a future WDS.
Polling Rules:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I WILL ALLOW 2 VOTES PER PERSON, NO MORE. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is obvious tampering with the poll results, [for example: asking your friends to vote for your video, etc], you may either have votes deducted in the final tally or may be excluded from the poll altogether. If it becomes a common occurrence I may suspend future WDS entries as well.
  • There will be two Honourable Mentions each week:
    • The entrant who won the right to pick the theme/location (ie. the winner three weeks ago).
    • The entrant who won the previous WDS event.
    If clips are submitted by these individuals, they will be placed in a special HM's section of this post, and will not be placed in the poll.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
If anyone has any questions or suggested changes to this format please PM me about it.

This Week's Challenge:

As indicated in the above map. Motegi West track, turns 3, 4, 5, 6

Theme:
Car must be newer than 1980.
No tire stagger.

Entrants must show display screen!

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, March 10th.

Entrants:
GEETOWN_DRIFTER
hazzy

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Additional Notes:

*Thanks to BeeDizzle for the name!
* Also, yes I know the picture is lacking start/end points. That will be fixed in a few minutes.
* I would prefer it if you guys didnt enter with FWD.

Honourable Mentions:
This week's Honourable Mentions are:
  • Week 15 Winner - Ske
  • Week 16 Winner - BeeDizzle
Results:
Results:

• 1st --- Video 4 | Votes - 6 Geoff
  • 2nd -- Video 5 | Votes - 5 GeeTown_Drifter
  • ----- --- Video 2 | Votes - 5 Suzuki
  • 3rd --- Video 1 | Votes - 0 Hazzy
  • ----- --- Video 3 | Votes - 0 Articzap

Congrats on the win Geoff.
Please be thinking of a theme for us! 👍

Suzuki, just wanted to drop in and say you're doing a good job with this. Keep it up! 👍

Now Ske, you're always asking me why you don't have any friends. Then you go and make videos like this! Come on mang! You're killing me!

Great job and good example my friend!👍

i only have 2 entries so far. i would have 3, but i cannot enter because i won WDS 17. SO, since there are only 2 entries, i will extend the deadline a few days.
so, i wont post wds19 until then. but i will update wds17 with the results.
so what needs to be done to get more of you guys to enter? the WDS is nothing without entries. do i need to make it bi-weekly? discuss please.

when u say "bi-weekly" do you mean each WDS will be a total of one week instead of 2.... cause im down with that i mean dont really see a reason to change it but if someone wants it to change ill still be entering.
Lets get everybody elses input on this.

i only have 2 entries so far. i would have 3, but i cannot enter because i won WDS 17. SO, since there are only 2 entries, i will extend the deadline a few days.
so, i wont post wds19 until then. but i will update wds17 with the results.
so what needs to be done to get more of you guys to enter? the WDS is nothing without entries. do i need to make it bi-weekly? discuss please.

I wish I knew some way to get more people to enter but I don't, it would be nice if you would clarify what you mean by bi-weekly.

I'll be honest, I haven't been entering basically because of pure laziness.:guilty:

By bi-weekly I think he means it will run every two weeks instead of one.
I would love to enter, I just haven't got around to doing any drifting in GT4 for ages. Gotten really side tracked with the whole photo taking thing. :D

Hmm, extending the deadline to two weeks just might work, there would be almost no excuse to get one in then.

I don't really enter because, I either dislike c(muscle) or don't like the track, I tried this one and it was pretty weird to race on. The Suzuka one was really cool, but i think my camera died or something, the lightweight was cool too.

The ones i like are the ones that have the use of classic drift cars, like this one. i will enter this one tough, just cuz.

hehe, I was about to ask you to join :P It's incredible that when everyone says that this one is sooo easy, and they don't enter.:dunce:

Thats because a lot of people are just talk here. No one can actually turn in a run, they just run there mouth with excuses.

Back