WDS: Week 6 - DRIFT_GVE + BONUS ROUND! -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Please select your TWO (2) favourite videos.

• Video 4 [youtube]XPiM3vBPf6Q[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 9 [youtube]mEVWoxP1LAw[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you should have at least tried, if only 3 people enter, that means that all you have to do is turn in an entry for the el captn section and youll get +2 votes.

I did try it, about 15 times or something. I am just not good at racing drift. I couldn't even beat the time that BL posted. I would of liked to enter it, don't have the time now.

I am having big trouble with youtube. I tried for hours to upload my video last night, it would get about 20 percent done then just freeze. I just tried to go to youtube now, but the page won't load. :scared: I hope I can get it in on time. Is anyone else having this problem??

I had no trouble uploading, but it took close to an hour to have my bonus run processed.

edit:
okay, deadline has passed. I'll get the poll up in the morning.
In the meantime, here's my bonus run.

It's worth noting that my girlfriend was over while I was doing my final edit on this clip, and she demanded that she have some input - so the music is her doing. It was either the "celtic getaway music" as she called it, or The Archies - Sugar, Sugar.

Pleas let me submit mine BL. I have been trying to upload for over a day. I finally got it uploaded just now, but it is still processing it. As soon as it is done I will send you the link. Please. :scared:

EDIT: I just tried to send you my link BL, but is says your over your message quota. What should I do?

yeh, I lost my super powers last night, and my message limit went from 1500, to 50. ...I have 875 messages stored.

I'll find your vid on youtube and put it in the poll.

Poll is up (I got you in Drift2XS).
I have to say that I am quite impressed with the quality of the entries this week. There's really about 4 videos I'd like to cast votes for, it will be tough coming to a decision.

Here are the entries and results for the BONUS.

1st. Boundary Layer - 44.656

2nd. Ske - 44.864

3rd. Suzuki - 44.917

4th. Sheron - 46.405

5th. akina_speedstar - 48.xxx

6th. 360-D1 - 51.7xx

Good job everyone. Special mention to Suzuki who broke the 45s barrier drifting every corner, and with no wall taps.

I'm placing my video at the back of the pack and moving everybody up one spot. I'm doing this because:
a) it seems a bit self-indulgent to reward myself
b) I mess up and cannot drift one of the corners

So, in a week's time when I tally the poll results, the bonus votes will be allocated as follows:

Ske +2
Susuki +2
Sheron +2
akina_speedstar +1
360-D1 +1
Myself +1

I voted to
#6 Great angle and control.
#8 Very smooth run hitting the 4 rumple strips.

In the bonus section almost all people used nitrous, and I was the only one on NA engine :dunce:
Not counting the 1st corner (were BL were extremly fast), only Ske were as fast as me in cornering speed (I watch at the minimum speed value).

[In the bonus section almost all people used nitrous, and I was the only one on NA engine :dunce:
Not counting the 1st corner (were BL were extremly fast), only Ske were as fast as me in cornering speed (I watch at the minimum speed value).[/QUOTE]

show me if I am one of those people who use nitrous? I need to check again..

Hey bl, i sent you the link to my bonus round, but due to the circumstances you have explained in this thread, i know why you probably didnt get it. either way the link was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_89pENNwg

Na tune 2 and no nos

Well done to everyone this week, there was some really great grifting in the GVE section, awesome race drifts as well.
Cheers to bl for fixing my bonus entry 👍

In the bonus section almost all people used nitrous, and I was the only one on NA engine :dunce:
Not counting the 1st corner (were BL were extremly fast), only Ske were as fast as me in cornering speed (I watch at the minimum speed value).

Well, it did say anything goes as far as tuning is concerned ;) I'm not a big fan of using nos, but if the regulations permit it you kinda have to....

I have to admit I forgot nos as an option to begin with (I never buy it, usually), but I went with turbocharging all the way for the torque. The best run I did without nos was around 46.2 if I recall correctly, and those runs were a bit smoother.. I lost focus on steering, trying to find that bloody nos button on my wheel :dunce:

I'm impressed at the exit speeds you managed to achieve with NA power, though.. I doubt I could have matched your time with similar tuning.

I taped my nitrous button down :D

:scared:

I only used the nos for the straights, and that was hairy enough (it was set at 76, just enough to avoid wheelspin in 4th gear). I tried popping it mid turn but the rush of power just made me dig in... not to mention the effect THAT had on my steering ;)

I could go to 78 without spinning on the straights in 4th and above (and a little feathering kept it away in 3rd). But, my final setting was at 70 for the reasons you mention. I still had to be very careful with my right foot, but it made it slightly more manageable.

Ske
Well, it did say anything goes as far as tuning is concerned ;) I'm not a big fan of using nos, but if the regulations permit it you kinda have to....
yeah, same here. this was the first time ive used nitrous in.... well i can count on my left hand how mant times ive used nitrous before this. its been a while too but i figure if i was going to get near first, id need it.

The best run I did without nos was around 46.2 if I recall correctly, and those runs were a bit smoother.. I lost focus on steering, trying to find that bloody nos button on my wheel :dunce:
lol i had the same problem. its hard to push it if you arent looking at it while countersteering.. but i actually tapped it a few times during the second corner i think and hit it at the exit of the last corner. you can tell because my rear gets more loose than i would have liked which slowed me down some im sure.

Thanks so much for getting mine in BL. Really appreciate that. :) I might wait till Thursday to vote, my internet will be up to normal fast speed then. So it will be easier to watch them all. Looks like the red Silvia is off to a good lead.

WDS 7 looks insane, gave it a try. Don't know how well I will be able to do those corners though. I'll keep at it, see how I get on.

Nice work on all the bonus runs. The music works quite well with your video I thought BL. 👍

Results

...umm, sorry. I'm a week behind.

Code:
1st  -- Video 8  - Ske              12 Votes + 2 Bonus = 14
2nd  -- Video 1  - Sheron           6 Votes + 2 Bonus = 8
---  -- Video 2  - Suzuki           6 Votes + 2 Bonus = 8
4th  -- Video 6  - Boundary Layer   3 Votes + 1 Bonus = 4
5th  -- Video 5  - 360-D1           2 Votes + 1 Bonus = 3
6th  -- Video 3  - ~Drift King~     1 Vote
---  -- Video 7  - Drift2XS         1 Vote
---  -- Video 9  - akina_speedstar  0 Votes + 1 Bonus = 1
---  -- Video 10 - Fat Boy Drifter  1 Vote
10th -- Video 4  - Swift            0 Votes
Now, although Ske won, we both agreed on aim that Sheron's and Suzuki's runs were much better, and that you lot just don't know how to vote :P.
Because Sheron just had a pick for WDS7, I'm awarding Suzuki the right to choose theme/location for WDS9.

Good job everyone. 👍

Back