WDS: Week 7 - This One Is Hard -- Results Posted

Please select your TWO (2) favourite videos.

• Video 1 [youtube]fVv5l3x4SDQ[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbanner2nl9.jpg

Weekly Drift Series - Week 7
This One Is Hard
Theme and location by Sheron

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.

Polling Rules
:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

WDS7-FujiSpeedway2005.jpg

Final 3 turns of Fuji Speedway 2005. This consists of a 90* right, tightening 180* left, tightening 180* right

Theme:
You must use a 4 door sedan (RX8 does not count).

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, November 11th.

Entrants:
Boundary Layer
Fat Boy Drifter
Ske
360-D1
Swift
Sheron
bustwave.
racerX_pleecu
~Drift King~
LGforce
juju57
akina_speedstar

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Results:

Code:
1st -- Video 2  - Ske               - 14 Votes
2nd -- Video 4  - Sheron            - 8 Votes
3rd -- Video 6  - ~Drift King~      - 5 Votes
4th -- Video 5  - H_S2000           - 3 Votes
5th -- Video 3  - juju57            - 1 Vote
--- -- Video 7  - akina_speedstar   - 1 Vote
7th -- Video 1  - Fat Boy Drifter   - 0 Votes

Congrats to Ske (again) on the win. That run was truly unmatched this week.

From now on I'll urge the theme/location picker to keep things a little easier. A section that is as hard as this one drives down participation and takes some of the uncertainty away from how the poll might turn out.

AAAGHHH!!! I've lost my premium!!!

ok... nobody is to send me PM's for a few days because I will not recieve them. I have 875 messages stored, and my limit just dropped to a maximum of 50... I trust that you see my predicament.

As for this week's challenge, all I can say is good luck, and take your time.
There will be no bonus this week.

edit: I've just ordered a lifetime subscription to GTP. Hopefully it doesnt take too long to take effect.

This is getting hardcore... I like it!

Never linked this section (haven't really tried either, though)

Edit: I'm in

Uh, this is a little bit sick. But I'll try anyway. :)

It may be a hard section but everybody will follow different lines. That is what I was aiming for.

Of course I'm in :sly:

It may be a hard section but everybody will follow different lines. That is what I was aiming for.

Of course I'm in :sly:

yup. It is a very fun section to drift too. Normally I get frustrated when I don't get something quickly, but this section is enjoyable to mess up :sly:. There's many ways to approach it. I've got myself a few runs saved. No complete links of the section (yet), but they're pretty to look at.

I'll add you to the list.

Drat I'm too late.

lol
hey Bustwave!
Late for what? You can get in if you want.

edit: oh, sorry, forgot to change the due date when I copied the text
bustwave is in. Now we just gotta get TRi, and that will be all of IDM.

count me in for this one, i can't possibly miss out for my first try at a win. good luck everyone, and try not to put your favorite sedan into walls, k? 👍 V

These corners are insane. Finding it really hard to link them. I will practice a bit more before I commit to signing up. Hope I can get a good run down. :)

yeah, this section is uh...well, the most annoying part is that it's at the end of the lap :)

Also, I can drift the vast majority of it pretty well EXCEPT these few corners. I guess that's what Sheron was going for. :D

Found the Perfect Car, Perfect Settings, have already linked all the corners, just need to make it a bit better.

I'm giving you guys an extra week on this one. Not due to the difficulty, but because of my PM situation. Even if I clear all the clutter from my inbox, there's still over 50PM's I'd like to keep for a bit.

According to paypal, my payment should go through by Monday or Tuesday of next week, leaving 5 or 6 days for you guys to PM your links then.

I'm giving you guys an extra week on this one. Not due to the difficulty, but because of my PM situation. Even if I clear all the clutter from my inbox, there's still over 50PM's I'd like to keep for a bit.

I'm not worried about the reason. I just like the extra time. :D

Cool, I might actually have enough time to get a good run down then. :)

Will WDS 8 start at the normal time?

No. I have to get in contact with GEETOWN_DRIFTER (winner of WDS5) to hear his ideas, but I will be unable to do so until I get my premium back.

WDS8 will start on Nov. 12th.

edit:
Okay, Swift and I played some hardball with the admins and got my premium status back :sly:
So the PM's may resume.

The extension is still in effect. It seems a few people might need it.

I'm in too (just a little presentation : i'm french i love watching drift's video. i try to drift and i think the WDS is very good competition to continue my apprenticeship ) sorry for my english vocabulary

I have my car all setup and i have been hitting the track, but i just cant seem to get linkages... i've got a feeling im over my head head with this one :crazy: :)

Its tentative whether i will be entering, I will get back to you BL next week as to whether im competing.

A good video doesn't need to have linked corners :)
Thanks Sheron, i'll give it my best shot then!

yup, any ol 4-door (minus the RX-8)

so, from the posts you two have made, is it safe for me to infer that I may add H_S2000 and akina_speedstar to the entrants roster?

hmm give me a day or two to think about it boundary ^_^ cause like i've been trying to drift with my DFP even though i've been had it since may and just gripped drive it haha and exibition drift with it for like 2 weeks, but i know how to speed drift before, but not like real good at it, but yeah give me a day or two

Latest Posts

Back