WDS Will Continue- New Hosts- Suzuki & dking

• Thread starter Loon
  • 44 comments

Should The WDS Continue?

• Total voters
GTPLoon
D1 Loon
As you can see in the WDS 14 thread BL has said that it will be the last WDS Event he runs due to reasons listed in that thread.

I created this thread to check to see how many people want the Comp to still run. Also this thread is to see if anyone would be interested in running it if majority votes yes they want the comp to stay going.

Please vote and post your comments on whether or not you think it should keep going and post any of your ideas and recomendations for the Comp.

well, ill be happy to run the competition if there is still enough interest in it.
but i voted yes. it gives the new guys the chance to see how they compare to others here on gtp. it also introduces new, challenging sections to be done, which raises skill level if they practice it enough. so its a good challenge for all.

I deffiently don't want them to end! I just my wheel and I'm just getting good. I think the themes and track selection weren't all of the best always...If its going to remain a video editing contest, then stuff needs to change. My opinion.

it's great, i think it just needs more excitement. a great idea i reckon is we need someone good with computer editing so that they could edit one persons replay inot some one elses so it is basically a drift battle but then we could go in rounds and people would only have to watch 2 vids at a time and vote for the best, basically a tournament instead of a competition, though we would have to figure out a way to decide who battles who....say random pick out of hat a great idea i just had was the winner of the previous WDS can pick a number of cars either coz they hate tryin to drift and want to see some one drift it or they could pick their personal favourite cars, then the competitor can choose any but only one of those cars, but of course the cars would have to be of equal ability to each other. then the different models could be put up against each other......Just an idea.......

I will still like to see WDS to continue because we can learn from one another on what mistakes that we make? the reasons I haven't actually compete is because of my lines that I don't like.

well, ill be happy to run the competition if there is still enough interest in it.
but i voted yes. it gives the new guys the chance to see how they compare to others here on gtp. it also introduces new, challenging sections to be done, which raises skill level if they practice it enough. so its a good challenge for all.

i agree with all that 👍 !

it would be so sad to end the WDS here so i hope you guys are going to keep on running it.
i' m actually helping to create a drift competition in GTC.net , a french board , but i' ll will still enter WDS for it's been great since day one :) 👍

I think you would be a good choice to run the Comp.

Mmm. Anyone want me to start drift battle comp?

I think you should explain this a little further.

Well my idea would turn into a 4 week contest, merging videos just wouldn't really be doable, at least not easily. Heres my concept.

A track and chosen corners are selected. People then choose there favorite drift car, which once choosen will be used all the way through the compition. First run will be solo. Voting will then go up to choose the best 8 people that entered. 3 days later, those 8 will go it again, but they will have to go into a single race mode and drift behind a car thats racing as best they can, under normal difficulity. After video submession a panel of judges will choose the best 4. Those 4 will then have to repeat this drifting technique, but this time they will have to drift infront of a car thats racing, under normal diffuculity well trying to keep that race as close to them as possible. The final 2 will be choose by a panel of judges and then have to drift behind a car racing, except this time the race difficulity has increased making it harder to stay behind. A panel of judges will have then choose the best winner! Thats my idea for a heads up drift comp.

I think this comp should keep running. The reason why I don`t enterd anymore is because i don`t own an Tv tunercard (yet) and i don`t get any votes because of the bad quality of my vids.
Oh and i can always vote and watch some good drifting! :)

that would be great if you ran WDS,id hate to say this go away(WDS)
i have so much fun at these comps.:)

Well it looks like everyone has voted yes and it will probably stay that way, so Suzuki when ever your ready to get started, go for it.

cool, ill just need to get a few things from BL and i can start. also, RL... ahem DKing and I have decided both of us will run the WDS unless anyone has any problems with that.

cool, ill just need to get a few things from BL and i can start. also, RL... ahem DKing and I have decided both of us will run the WDS unless anyone has any problems with that.

OK...I'll help if help is needed....unless people don't want me to...BUT I DON'T THINK THAT IS THE CASE....Perhaps...if people have xlink too we can include some Drift battle comps like art suggested....

I've got no problem with you(suzuki) and dking running the comp and I'm sure no else does either, are y'all going to create new account just to run the comp or what?

Im glad to see where still gonnna be able to have some more fun with these comps,thnkxx Suzuki a dKing.

by the way, i tried getting X-Link to work but it kept saying something about reconizing my PS2 and then the program wouldn't run on my PC no more.

Because he got busted for rigging votes and is apparently still bitter about it.

I forgot about that incident, like dorifto said "just get it over dude".

I forgot to put this in the first post, but for what its worth, I'd like to say thanks to you BL for coming with such a great idea for us drifters, both noobs and experts, I'm sure just about everyone who participated regulary will say that it has helped them becoming some what better.
Its sucks to see leave the host spot, as long as I've been here, and from what I've seen you've been a great host.:cheers:

I hope you get a new PS2 sometime soon so you can join us again.

I would like to know why nos2 doesn't think the WDS should continue?

meh, not really worred about it.

Suzuki, dking. PM me before you guys start. There's some things I'd like to talk about. :)

oh man, i cant believe nos2 is still bitter about getting busted. and after he got busted from someone else's doings, hes rating all of my youtube videos a 1. LOL. oh well, doesn't hurt me any. just shows how mature he is.
anyways, Swift, i will be pmming you in a few minutes.
Loon, not sure what its about, so i cant tell ya, sorry.
Swift and BL check your pm's.

*sigh* what happen to the old host?Nvm, I read the thread but damn...its hard even though I don't have time no more for these competitions ,yet alone practicing. Im just trying to teach new drifters the ropes thats all.

I forgot to put this in the first post, but for what its worth, I'd like to say thanks to you BL for coming with such a great idea for us drifters, both noobs and experts, I'm sure just about everyone who participated regulary will say that it has helped them becoming some what better.
Its sucks to see leave the host spot, as long as I've been here, and from what I've seen you've been a great host.:cheers:

*takes a bow*
Thanks for the kind words.

I hope you get a new PS2 sometime soon so you can join us again.
It'll be a Wii before I buy another PS2. PS3's are way outside my budget.

I'm still planning on taking my PS2 apart (might be something to do over spring break) - my hopes are that it just needs a real good cleaning, or that I spot a wire that needs resoldering since it will still sometimes read discs but usually doesn't.

I'm still planning on taking my PS2 apart (might be something to do over spring break) - my hopes are that it just needs a real good cleaning, or that I spot a wire that needs resoldering since it will still sometimes read discs but usually doesn't.

I had those same problems! Nothing a lil compressed air and q-tip with some rubbing alcohal on the lens won't cure.

Back