WDS13: Tsukuba Drift Shootout - Results Posted

Please select your two (2) favourite videos:

• Video 4.0, 4.1 - [youtube]hfClTSQ_-N4[/youtube], [youtube]SwIwpISBShc[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I capture at max resolution (720x576 for PAL, 720x480 for NTSC), then render at 320x240 in XviD (max quality). The output file ends up being around 40-45 MB for me too

hey guys srry to go off topic,but im using a HP media center pc and i capture my videos with the stock capturing device,when i render it i cannot get any audio and quality is really crappy.

the video format turns out to be "Microsoft recorded tv show"
does anyone know where to find a program to render this and get audio and good quality?

if you have a large harddrive find and download a lossless video codec. something like lagarith or huffvue or huffyuv forgot exactly the name of it. when you use them they take up TONS of space on your hdd, but its good quality. and works for me. but i just have to manually sync the video/audio for some reason. i know BL uses one of thoes 2 codec's, and he inspired me to get them too. so give it a try.

I'm not 100% sure what that format is DORIFTO_N()B, but I'm guessing some low bitrate wmv. I wouldn't bother converting a lossy render to another lossy compression.

Get yourself VirtualDub, and re-capture your run in a lossless format.

Lossless codecs I've played with:

- HuffYUV: is a very fast, lossless Win32 video codec.
- Arithyuv: is a lossless video codec designed for video capturing.
- Helix YUV Codecs: are two almost identical Video for Windows compatible codecs for decompressing/viewing I420 and YV12 AVI files or the output of AviSynth scripts...
- TechSmith Screen Capture Codec: is a lossless video codec optimized for screen recording.
- Lagarith Lossless Video Codec: offers excellent compression, the MSU Lossless Codec and FFV1 are the only codecs that outperform Lagarith in terms of compression.
- MSU Lossless Video Codec: easy-to-use and understand interface.
- YV12 QuickTime Codec: consists of an image decompressor component, an image compressor component, a movie importer component, and a movie exporter component.

I still prefer to capture with huffyuv in VirtualDub. Be warned though, files can become quite large (it is lossless afterall). Lagarith is pretty good too - slightly more compression than huffyuv for smaller files but a greater chance of dropping frames on a slower computer as a result.

Then take your lossless avi's and edit in your fav video editor. For best video quality, do not use any lossy codecs until your final render.

Since youtube converts yor video to flv anyways after it's uploaded the only benefit you get from heavily compressing your final render is a shorter upload time. Like the rest of the guys who commented, my files were usually 40-50mb's and encoded with xvid because it is YouTube's preferred upload format.

(I suppose the other train of thought is that Youtube is gonna kill image quality anyways, so theres no point in trying to keep it. But that's not my way of thinking :sly:)

Entry sent, good luck guys.

btw BL,its really good quality(Microsoft recoded tv show)
looks like a dvd movie but for 30sec-1min of footage i capture its like 250-400 mb's
and it doesnt let me edit the video cuz of the 'Microsoft recoded tv show' format.
so i use a program to convert the video to a diffrent format so i can edit the videos.
i use super C video converter,its the only 1 i found that converts 'Microsoft recoded tv show'

Sent an entry, but it's not too hot to be honest... this section is a bit tricky to get just right, so it's a compromise.

call me grasshopper will you!!!
1. i'm older
2. i don't eat grass
3. i'm too fat to jump
4. sadly i don't have antennas
5. we'll see who's the grasshopper!!!

sadly....!
The.TICK.Thumb.up.jpg

they better be...lol... or i am calling an official "fly to canada and kick your ass tick-style day"....lloll.... but if that fails i'll post a new vid of myself singing 'Blame Canada'

^ heh, it was a rough 3. :cheers:

Poll is up.
Take note that the 4th entry is actually 2 videos because the entrant did not edit them into a single one.

In a worse mood, I might have told them to give me something else, but they made an effort to get all the views I requested and there wasn't a lot of time left, so I let it slide.

Anyways, go at it. 👍

And before anyone brings it up, I'm aware that WDS14 is late. Sorry for all the weirdness about scheduling lately - it is primarily due to weirdness in my own schedule.

And before anyone brings it up, I'm aware that WDS14 is late. Sorry for all the weirdness about scheduling lately - it is primarily due to weirdness in my own schedule.

The last time I checked this job didn't pay a salary. So don't' worry about it bud.

Go look in the new Ask GTP forum, there's thread with plenty of ideas.

EDIT: BTW since WDS 14 is late, are we going to get a little extra time, or are we going to just get shorter time to get done so as to keep on schedule?

Go look in the new Ask GTP forum, there's thread with plenty of ideas.

EDIT: BTW since WDS 14 is late, are we going to get a little extra time, or are we going to just get shorter time to get done so as to keep on schedule?

Shhhh, the Judges can always work overtime if this keeps up. Yes, I did read it wrong again >.<

I got Ske's pick for WDS14. I guess I'll put it up Saturday since we're so far into the week already.
My fault.

Results:

Code:
1st - Video 1 - Suzuki          - 10 Votes
2nd - Video 6 - 360-D1          - 5 Votes
3rd - Video 5 - DORIFTO_N()B    - 3 Votes
--- - Video 7 - Ske             - 3 Votes
5th - Video 2 - SammiTougeGirl  - 2 Votes
--- - Video 3 - LOON            - 2 Votes
7th - Video 4 - TYP-27R         - 0 Votes

Back