we have....... LIFT OFF!!!!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter yojinbou
  • 49 comments
  • 5,020 views
Obviously, someone obviously has no real life (welcome to my world, kid!) :lol:. Just joking. Lighten up, man!

First off, NFS:U is really getting overhyped. Lay off it. Second, try shortening the pictures. Why so? Not everyone has a good enough computer to view large images all at once in one thread. If you can do some editing to resize the image so that it doesn't become extremely large, or have them hosted on another website, it would make things better.

Now on to the images themselves. I had my wheelie situations before at Test Course and even High Speed Ring with the Mazda RX-7 LM and the Acura NSX LM GT2 (both in GT1). I banged into the wall and was literally lifted off the ground. While my crash wasn't as spectacular as the one in the pictures, you really have to be careful at high-speed, banked courses. As you may well know, it takes only one mistake to go from 3rd place to 23rd (at least). Take it from me playing a demo of NASCAR Thunder 2004 at Talladega. One mistake put me from 3rd to about maybe 17th or 21st. Doesn't mean I stink, just unfortunate.

My suggestions for preventing this from happening would probably be to weigh the cars down, especially those that have too soft spring settings. You're racing a car, not a hydroplane. Speaking of hydroplanes, I miss that Miss Budweiser watercraft.
 
Umm... yeah I have a 1:18 scale of it and there's a 1:12 too. I think it's also in Toca RD2?
 
I would imagine due to the greater levels of elevation in GT4 than in previous titles with the inclusion of trax such as the nurb' and infineon and chamonix that there will be an ability to get higher than before as the code will now allow it.

still think it loox crap though.
 
So what does it do when you finally hit the ground again? Just keep right on going or what? It should at least flip and land upside down or something.
 
glad some of you liked the pics..... as for the rest of you lighten up, its a video game Enjoy the pic for the silliness of it flying in the air.

N E HOW.....

the car went into about a million spins after that and caught air for about 6 seconds

the settings for the R8 are

1112 HP with the stage 4 turbo and NOS set to 50boost

on Racing R3's

thats all i did to the car, well that and a some modification of the gear settings to get the top speed at 506km heh heh....its FAAAAAAAST!
 
I will admit. Looking at this was pretty entertaining. It's also nice to note how blue skies can look in Gran Turismo 4. Ridge Racer V had very deep blue skies even though you can't see the sun unless it's an evening race. I kind of like the new skies in comparison with the GT3 tracks.

But just for fun, if one is wondering how much fun can he/she have to race with Gran Turismo 4? Tell that person that the sky's the limit! Of course, those Audi R8 pictures from the first picture would do the last sentence justice.
 
I'm guessing that the flying up into the air is what a real car would do if it hit a unmovable wall on a highly banked oval moving extremely quick. Only in real life it would be obliterated first, the compression of the car would absorb some of the energy.

Nice av john, I wonder who its for? :)
 
beautiful Red X's at the top! great quality!
 
GT needs a moon gravity mode where you race moon buggies. Around the Nurb.
 
Zardoz
You got a lot higher than the CLRs did:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/benzCLR1.html

Safe bet: Mercedes is way too embarrassed to ever license the CLR to anybody, for anything. Has anybody ever seen one in a game, or even a model?


the clr is in plenty of games and its not mercedeses fault due to the bumps underneath the road and the gust of wind.UIts happened alot more times dan just once.
 
hmm, I get Bamdwidth Exceeded message when I want to look at the pictures.

yojinbou: use one free image server .... like imageshack ...
 
I got the CLK GTR recently
and I wanna try to create the same lift as the real one at Le Mans
but first I need to find the AI GT-ONE to race with me first ...
then try to lift at the same corner ... its gonna hard ... haha
 
The Avatar? Just wanted to try something different. I like cats, and just wanted to try something different. You can't be the same all the time. Have to try some new things.

A Toyota GT-One Road Car with 971 hp (GT2, but GT3 had it at like... 1,100+ hp!) is pretty much a Japanese spaceship. A vehicle that REALLY looks like it can jet off into space is the Pagani Zonda. Look at the muffler thingie on the back of the Zonda. It has those four tailpipes, and even Road and Track Magazine said the tailpipe cluster looked more like afterburners. While the engine doesn't sound very aggressive (in GT3 at least,) it would be fun to see that bad boy rocket into the sky. It's not going to do any justice for Pagani's sales, but it's a fun deal. After all, with a game as serious as GT4, there are still plenty of fun and weird moments.

This may offend some, but let's hope one of those weird moments in GT4 doesn't involve hitting a kangaroo that jumps onto the race track (2004 Bathurst 1,000 km)!
 
Double_R
the clr is in plenty of games and its not mercedeses fault due to the bumps underneath the road and the gust of wind.UIts happened alot more times dan just once.

Could you tell me what games the CLR (not the CLK-GTR that is in GT4, or the CLK-LM) is in?

You're absolutely right about it happening more than just once. The CLRs flipped three times at Le Mans in 1999: Twice in practice and once in the race.

Odd that no other cars did that on the bumps or the gusts, huh? Apparently the Mercedes team felt that it was, in fact, their fault, because they withdrew the surviving CLRs from the race right away, and gave up on prototype racing altogether after that season.

I've Internet-searched in vain for traces of the CLR in a game or as a model kit. Anybody seen either? (I can't find a TRD2 car list. Is it in ToCA?)
 
Was it a CLR that flew way up in the air and over some trees outside of the track?
 
That V8 Supercar hitting the kangaroo was hilarious!!! I was actually there!!! It got spattered good. Don't worry they regularly cull kangaroos. They are very common and as dumb as a sheep (officially). So it didn't really matter. If it was a koala bear it would be sad. (evil grin)
 
Gek54
Was it a CLR that flew way up in the air and over some trees outside of the track?


Yes, it was. Here's a good CLK-GTR/CLK-LM/CLR history:

http://www.geocities.com/simontmallett/clk.html

The CLR story is on the last page. The shots on the link I posted above are one of the two flips that happened during practice. The flight over the fence happened during the race.
 
Back