We need fun!!!!

Does GT6 Need more online variety/Fun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scotland
Glasgow
R35-SKYL1N3
L3TH4L H1TM4N
In GT5 i have noticed a real abundance (lack of, cant spell that word) of any sort of fun game modes bar a weak attempt at drifting, GT6 really needs to take example from the likes of PGR and have things like Cat and mouse and in my opinion the best online mode in any game ive ever played, Bulldog mode, along with Forza's Tag modes and its cat and mouse, it offers a much more varied online experiance, you see these things popping up unofficially in lobbies but usually it falls apart. GT6 could benefit greatly from this so long as they were kept equal, (class limiting system like forza or group in PGR) or a pp limit, does the community agree or am i growing insane before my time?

Cheese :P

I voted yes, maybe cops & robbers, with Skyline GT-R pace cars as the police and anybody else as the robbers.

My opinion is that things like that don't belong in GT games. But that's just my opinion.

My opinion is that things like that don't belong in GT games. But that's just my opinion.
i think things like that are key to keeping the masses entertained, if its not then whats the point of implicating drifting?

in my opinion you have to be a really boring person (no offense or anything mabye im just more forward thinking) if you think something like that wouldnt be good, forza is a simulator and offers a far better online experiance than GT5 with its variety and fun game modes

R35 SKYLIN3
in my opinion you have to be a really boring person (no offense or anything mabye im just more forward thinking) if you think something like that wouldnt be good, forza is a simulator and offers a far better online experiance than GT5 with its variety and fun game modes

Maybe not a boring person, but not a gamer. GT5 is the only game I have on PS3, and the only reason I bought one two years ago. I had fun with games like cat and mouse about 10 years ago before online gaming (split screen). Now they just don't interest me.

Maybe not a boring person, but not a gamer. GT5 is the only game I have on PS3, and the only reason I bought one two years ago. I had fun with games like cat and mouse about 10 years ago before online gaming (split screen). Now they just don't interest me.
the "not a gamer" quote is blindingly stupid to me, if you arent a gamer, why are you playing a game?

I'm a gamer lol... 270 000km so far in GT5 but most in Nascar and 4 hour Enduro at Nurburgrin but what we want is a simulation... if you just want fun there are other games for you... Need For speed , Dirt,etc..

R35 SKYLIN3
the "not a gamer" quote is blindingly stupid to me, if you arent a gamer, why are you playing a game?

Because I don't play often as a hobby? By that same logic if I vacuum my house once a week does that make me a butler?

I am not attacking your opinion, I gave you my reasons why I would not be interested in these types of "fun" games, yet my post was somehow stupid.

would you define forza as being a game that you do smash cars? yet look at the popularity in their game modes

zohsix i am not in any way calling your post stupid i am saying that in my opinion a person who plays games is a gamer, which is simple logic, when you say im not a gamer that does not imply that you dont play games much it implys you dont play games at all

would you define forza as being a game that you do smash cars? yet look at the popularity in their game modes

zohsix i am not in any way calling your post stupid i am saying that in my opinion a person who plays games is a gamer, which is simple logic, when you say im not a gamer that does not imply that you dont play games much it implys you dont play games at all

Go play Forza please....

I think drifting fits in with the tuner roots of GT - I'm not that mad keen on it myself but it's there.

True, fun can be had in D3 with their versions of capture the flag and zombies but I really can't see that sitting well in GT.

The humour is subtle, such as the Mercedes-Benz motor carriage in GT4 and the Schwimwagenm/Kübelwagen type things in GT5.

Go play Forza please....
if you dont want to read what im saying by all means go away, im not fighting with you guys in any way im just simply showing my opinion against yours, and im using forza as a comparison, i used to play forza 3 before i went to gt5 and having had that experiance showed me alot of things that gt5 is really missing, the point i was trying to make about forza is that with there introduction of such things, the category of fun race modes (the playground i believe it was called) was more often than that more popular than the race, drift and drag modes, which shows that contrary to your apparent belief, not everyone who buys this game has the intention of just endlessly circuit racing.
on another note, it amuses me how popular the cheese option is :lol:

Last edited:
it's not supposed to be a fun game or party game.... it's a simulator...a serious game.. keep that in mind!

Believe it or not it's more a game IMO. I think the simulators are more on computer. Now its definitely the most simulator you can get on console though!

I don't like racers that are always serious with racing stuff. Yes I want more fun in GT too, especially having tag. Who cares if other racing games are trying to be real racers. IMO, GT should be a fun real racer over the other real racers that are always wanting to be serious...

If I made a racing game, I'll make sure its filled with fundom.

Well, if they are going to continue including Top Gear, PD needs to figure out why the show is so popular, because with GT5 they clearly didn't get it at all. Top Gear is whacky fun, and the opposite of samba bus races. They also need to have at least one host in there somehow, like how Forza had the commentary by Clarkson.

Well, if they are going to continue including Top Gear, PD needs to figure out why the show is so popular, because with GT5 they clearly didn't get it at all. Top Gear is whacky fun, and the opposite of samba bus races. They also need to have at least one host in there somehow, like how Forza had the commentary by Clarkson.

The track would be enough

Go play Forza please....

If you like Forza's game mode, then you should play Forza. Problem solved. Games similar in genre do not have the same game modes.
What a great solution, guys! What didn't I think of that?

So I'll do that, while you guys can continue on playing your, essentially, 15 year old game:
Please expand. Except the basics (graphics,physics, cars and tracks) what has improved/innovated since GT1?

Because:

All seems remarkably similar to me.

The track would be enough
Enough? There were so many things PD could've done given the content they had, and they didn't, and that's quite disappointing and tragic. I (and many others) constantly think, "why PD? You could've done so much more! And yet you didn't! You've just spent 5 years making content and then forget to make things go with the content!"

Back