Wednesday Cobras 20:30-21:30 BST Congratulations Champion EranFinished 

Andalusia.jpg Andalusia_1.jpg Andalusia_2.jpg Andalusia_3.jpg Andalusia_4.jpg Andalusia_5.jpg Andalusia_6.jpg Andalusia_7.jpg Andalusia_8.jpg Andalusia_9.jpg Andalusia_10.jpg Andalusia_11.jpg

Appeal for Help!!!

A reminder that it is Wednesday Cobras today and also an appeal for help! - We desperately need more racers for our Wednesday and Friday series. There are only a few weeks left of the current series and I would like the next series to be as full as possible. If each of you can find one person to join we can have a full room again - it doesn't matter if they are fast or slow, novice or veteran, old or young. Please do your best to find a friend, colleague or relative to join us in racing online!

Enjoy this great new video from Petrolicious:

You know I've done my bit. ;)

Getting full rooms is challenge.

The trouble you are up against at the moment Sick is that with the warmer and lighter summer nights people tend to maybe outside more of an evening instead of sitting in front of a screen. Also since it will be warmer, shorter races may be beneficial to allow a bit of cooling off in between.

Also a suggestion to bring back a few drivers - drop the CM tracks from the schedule for future series. I and a few others like them but I'm not sure everyone does. I know there were those that liked to put a lot of practice in before the races and with the CM tracks they didn't/couldn't and therefore I think that's why they haven't raced. This is my theory at least.
With the standard tracks, because of their familiarity, less practice is required anyway which may attract the more casual driver. Just a thought.

Wonderful video sick what a lucky guy !!

Full room would be nice , think alot have gone over to pcars unfortunately but i am holding out for gtsport, then i think ps3 will be a bit lonely. i do miss a bit of practice with others so add me if you haven't already and might catch you's on for a few laps.
The other series I'm in recruit from the open lobby but you get a few idiots now and then ! lol
i hope to get my mate in asap but hes a little slow with following forum and not very tec and works too much, hehe

Catch u later :cheers: :gtpflag:

Hi Sick

Really sorry for not attending tonight. I forgot I was doing a late shift again. Hope you guys had a good race without any network issues.
The net was hard work yesterday!:indiff:

Hope to be there on Friday.
:cheers:

The net was hard work yesterday
Not quite so bad tonight. Harsk (surprise visit) got dc'd after a race and unfortunately Zeus was dc'd mid feature race. He was going well too.

I span out before I got to the first corner in the qualy race. :boggled: Then the cat wanted feeding so I went in the pits. The main race was much more interesting since I had a battle with Sick that lasted for many laps. 👍

Thanks for the race today! I didn't think it would go so well for me this round, as Laguna Seca is a bit of an archenemy. Before qualification I had problem even completing a single clean lap... spun out twice in a row and hit the wall, which was what prompted my little message in the chat.

The turning point was when I simply gave up and decided to start over from scratch. Instead of pushing it in the corners, aiming for the highest possible speed, my main goal was to have as clean lines as possible through the corners, no matter how slow I had to go to achieve that. So I forgot all I thought I knew about Laguna Seca, started braking much earlier and focused entirely on hitting the apexes.

And as it turned out, that worked pretty well. I didn't set any amazing lap times (around 1:34.0 usually), but on the other hand I was super consistent (and well within my limits, so there was only a very small risk of making mistakes - as opposed to my old strategy of entering the corners way too hot and hoping for some higher power to magically push my car around the bend) and I think that's what allowed me to win the race.

Also, funny thing: I never noticed before that the first hairpin is actually a double-apex turn. Have I been totally blind all this time?

Last edited:
If I may just interject here - while I am not currently racing I do agree with what @IfAndOr said about dropping the custom tracks. And also asking people to race on a circuit they don't know very well is just asking for trouble. Not sure if you guys are still using heavy damage or not but I have already previously expressed my views on this; I think it is generally perceived that drivers in a professional race series are mature and experienced enough to not need the use of it.

If I have the time I am interested in joining the series that starts after this current one has finished, but having to tune and practice in the 3 or 4 different cars itself is quite a big task.

Hi Siggers, been awhile.

heavy damage
That's been dropped you'll be pleased to know. ;)

I really like the custom tracks because they add a bit of variety. But they maybe best left to more casual race events where you can just jump in and have fun, rather than a championship where drivers tend to be more competitive and practice - whatever that is. :)

Championship Points

Round 9 Points.jpg

Note - Round 10 is from Trial Mountain

Next Championship - Wednesday Historic BSCC 3
The Wednesday Cobras Championship is almost at an end - with just Round 10 from Trial Mountain and Round 11 from Red Bull Ring (Long Track) left on the calendar. This will be followed by a round 0 Test day before the next series - Wednesday Historic BSCC 3 starts. It will feature 12 rounds and is a tribute to the great Australian driver and three time BSCC Champion Frank Gardner. The thread is now open and has been updated to include a new track list and a reduction in the number of cars. Check out the thread by clicking on the following link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bute-starts-22nd-june-now-with-prizes.331397/

Last edited:
Sick. I have a feeling I'll miss tonight. I will try to get there even if I miss the qualifier. But if I'm not there please don't wait for me. Thanks.

The network gods were kind enough to send me a storm. The electricity was cut earlier today when a tree fell on the lines, but hopefully it will not happen again tonight... But if I'm not there, you know why.

Total engine failure!!!:crazy:
Aka the network gods did not like me being in control.
I had a look at the club page and realised I was the only one to DC.

Hope TRM was fun. I usually like it but the cobra chrome line was hard work and kept under steering into walls. I wouldn't have had a good result anyway.

Hope to make the last few races.

Sorry for missing the race, guys.

I was watching a football match (Portugal vs Estonia), therefore, I couldn't come.

Congratulations to Eran - Wednesday Cobras Champion !!!

Eran clinched the Wednesday Cobras championship at the penultimate round by taking the win. After deducting one round his nearest rival, SimbaLora is 29 points behind (4 points more than a race win) so even if Simba takes the win at the final round and Eran fails to score, Eran would still be ahead on points. SimbLora cannot be caught in second place. Congratulations to both Champion Eran and Vice-Champion SimbaLora!

The battle for third is close - after deduction of the lowest score only 2 points currently seperates IfAndOr and Sick Cylinder - a betting man would probably pick IfAndOr to secure third place at the final round.

It is a shame that the series has not attracted fuller grids and the current third and fourth places reflect the fact that some of the fast drivers such as @rehdogg15 @Harsk100 and @Pimasz were not able to attend many rounds. Hopefully the presence of prizes in the next championship will lead to higher attendance - the fast guys are racing in their own class in Minis and Renault 8's while the slower guys are in the Cuda's and Camaro's - this should make the racing close and exciting.

Points Round 10.jpg

Driving Standards
Just a quick note to remind everyone about driving standards before the next series starts - please keep a reasonable distance during the opening lap - it is necessary to brake earlier than normal and give people space when the track is crowded at the start of a race. There were some fairly desperate moves (dive bombs) during the start of the feature race and the qualification race - remember, you can't win a race at the first corner, but you can lose at the first corner and more seriously you can lose the race for someone else during the first lap.

Good luck for the final round next week and good luck in Friday Rockets today!

Trial mountain turned out to be a pretty tricky track with the Daytona. Unfortunately I tried to pass a couple of times where (I later realized) I shouldn't have. I tried to let everyone get by me after my screw ups...

I felt pretty bad after that race and if I screwed up anyone's championship points, Im sorry, that's wasn't my intention. I would totally understand if you adjusted the scoring to better reflect my performance. I try to race with the intention of winning cleanly, but I haven't learned how to do that properly yet, please be patient with me as I learn to be more patient behind the wheel. I'm finding there is a big difference between racing clean against the AI, and racing clean against people who know how to race.

I drive in the cockpit view and it's impossible to know where anyone is when your beside or slightly in front of them. So I'm trying to adjust my line through the corners based on where I think the guy beside me is going to go, that's probably why it looks like I take such strange lines, I'm trying to leave enough room for both cars to get through the corner cleanly. If I guess wrong, it can end up looking pretty ugly on the replay. I do have the blind spot indicator on, but it's not accurate enough, which is why I can't wait for the VR goggles, so I'll be able to turn my head and know exactly where my car is in relation to the car beside me.

I'll go back and watch some replays of past races from the drivers perspective of the winners and hopefully pick up a few pointers.

If anyone has specific feedback for me please let me know about it, I'm not afraid of criticism!

If anyone has specific feedback for me please let me know about it, I'm not afraid of criticism!

The hardest part is trying to keep your cool, survive the first lap carnage and settle into a rhythm and feeling comfortable to push a little harder. Just take it easy, as Sick said don't try to win the race in the first corner, take care and maybe profit from some slipups further ahead. I know you got the speed, but consistency and a cool head are even more important. :cheers:

I think it was posted in an former series, but the iRacing driving school videos are really good at bringing across the little details and tricks for online racing and racecraft, so i post a link again to the playlist with all chapters, check out chapter 4 about getting a feel for what's around you and chapter 7 and 8 about good racecraft: 👍

I drive in the cockpit view and it's impossible to know where anyone is when your beside or slightly in front of them.
Well done for using cockpit view. I use it sometimes myself on cars I'm used to, I find it makes me a little slower but more consistent (consistently slower :P). Most of the time I tend to use bonnet/hood view and that doesn't even have a mirror! Goodness knows why.
It is the lack of spatial awareness that spoils it for me too, having to keep pressing buttons to look to see what's around the car ruins the immersion and many a race.

As Sick mentioned above it's best not to be to keen to get to the front over the first few corners, there's enough time in the longer races to make up places. I've normally spun out somewhere so that's one spot gained.

And as for the lines through corners and position of the other drivers etc. you'll find that after awhile of racing with the various groups, you'll get to know the "style" of all the drivers and so make allowances where needed. And indeed the different race series require different approachs, more serious races like Sick's require a more cautious approach, casual races like some of the others groups, while still clean, can have a more relaxed approach.
All of Sick's regulars and those who are scattered around other series too, are clean drivers who you can rely on to give you room where needed. So it's best to stick to your line. Any contact will be unintentional. I've raced with you a few times now and I would consider you to be among that group. Just don't be to keen. :)

Trial Mountain - I had a good race for once. I'd have had a third place but I pressed the button to look behind me on the last corner and ran off track. Simba whizzed past. Damn spatial awareness.

Last edited:
Good news! I got my new brake potentiometer today, installed it, and it works! So now I have a proper brake pedal, I'm very excited.

Thanks for the links to those vids, I watched all of them and hopefully most of it will stick! I also watched another series; "how to become an alien" - (just search for the thread), and I'm feeling more confident about my racing etiquette. I have also had a chance to run a few laps in practise today, and I'll get a few more in soon. I didn't practise at all for the trial mountain race which really showed.

Hi sick

Sorry to say have only just finished work and heading home.
So I'll miss the last race. I was looking forward to trying to get a better result but life beat me.

I'll try to join your new series.

A big shout out and thank you to @gu1tar3rich . Who helped me practise safe overtaking and close driving for most of the day today. I think it paid off, I felt a lot more confident racing side by side with you guys and I was able to maintain a consistent pace (I love that my brakes work when they're supposed to!!) and I wasn't thrown off when the tires started to degrade this time. Looking forward to the next series with renewed confidence.

Congratulations to Champion Eran, Vice-Champion SimbaLora, Cobra Champion Tarnheld and all Racers

Whew - that was close! Eran and Simba took first and second in the series with one round remaining, but there were still positions to race for in the rest of the field. Tarnheld took the Cobra 427 Championship and fifth place overall. It was very close between IfAndOr and Sick Cylinder. Third overall would have gone to IfAndOr, but for a spin.

Here's hoping that the next series is even better! Note the next series - Historic BSCC 3 - has been amended so that now everyone races a Plymouth Cuda and a choice of either a classic Mini or a Renault 8 Gordini - please let me know via the new thread whether you have chosen a Mini or a Renault. I have chosen the Renault purely because I find it more exciting to drive and also it is a premium car with a great interior view with excellent visibility. The next series features tuned cars - if anyone is not happy with the tunes on GTPlanet (I often find them slower) just let me know and I'll share mine - I am very pleased with my Plymouth Cuda tune even though it came about purely by accident - by mistake I used settings for a different car and found to my surprise the Cuda lapped faster and was more enjoyable!

Final Points.jpg

Latest Posts

Back