WEDNESDAY'S 20:30-21:30 BST - "Sick's Race Room" - Now on PROJECT CARSFinished 

Round 11 from Trial Mountain Reverse

Great racing despite a low turnout - the Formula GT seemed to really suit the circuit. SimbaLora was fast as usual, but was challenged by the very rapid Bikynis13 from Brazil - in anticipation of low numbers I had opened the room up as public. We were lucky to be joined by Bikynis13 - a fast and clean racer who had the potential to win, but lost out to Simba by being less consistent.

Unfortunately I had a couple of big offs losing about 20 seconds each time so went a lap down to Simba and Bikynis. I managed to safely gain the lap back on Bikynis then let him though a couple of times as he was in a battle with Simba. Perhaps, due to the pitstops, he may have thought I was on the lead lap as towards the end of the race he started to make small errors as if he was feeling pressure. The race finished with SimbaLora first, myself second on the road, but a lap down in third place and Bikynis third on the road, but second in the race. John was fighting a valiant battle with his car in fourth.

The final round (12) is coming up next week - hopefully we can have as full a meeting as possible. There will be 3 x 10 minute races on the Motegi oval using the Formula GT, which should be close and exciting.

Round 11 Trial Mountain R.jpg

Above congratulations to SimbaLora who has won each section of the championship: GT40, Red Devil and Formula GT as well as the overall championship - some prizes will be on their way to him very shortly.

Last edited:
Sorry but with my Internet issue will be withdrawing from this and Friday racing in sicks room just frustrating for me and everyone.Thanks Sick for you hardwork with your seasons and thanks for all the ass wooping from all you top driver's will try to address my problems Max.👍

Glad I could pop in for the penultimate PS3/GT6 Sick Cylinder race. The end of an era - almost.

Please discount my points if they in any way interfere with the overall championship standings.

It was the best way to end the GT6 Racing at Sick Cylinder, I will miss racing with you guys so much. :(

Good end to great series:D

Guys - don't forget our last race on GT6 on Friday - Round 12 of the Shelby v Chevy series!

Well John, I already have a PS4, but unfortunately, I still don't have the PS Plus Subscrition and neither the Project Cars. :(

Glad to hear you have got a PS4 now Harsk - I hope you can join us on Project Cars plus @IfAndOr too. I paid for a year of PS+ I think it was £39.99 at Game. The Project Cars Game of the year edition cost me about £24 last November, but I think it is cheaper now.

Perhaps Harsk could sell the PS3 to pay for a years PS+ and the game. You could also save money by skippping GTS.

I'm loving Project Cars and I'm sure you guys will as well. It took me quite a while to get used to the feel of the game through the wheel (probably about 12 hours), but having got used to it, I now much prefer it to GT6. The excellent sounds, visuals, detailed interiors of all the cars together with full damage make it very immersive - especially now I have my big Buttkicker working. Each gear change gives me a realistic clout and driving over the rumble strips is ultra realistic.

I just need the PS4 so one of these days maybe. ;)
I'm still holding out hope that there maybe a PS4 pro bundle when GTS is released.

I tend to forget that you now have to pay to play online. Do you guys notice any improvement for your cash? I suppose it might be difficult to compare since you are using a different game now.

Although it may or may not have the cars you'd like Sick, @buybon355 has tried out a demo of GTS and seemed very impressed with it.

I just need the PS4 so one of these days maybe. ;)
I'm still holding out hope that there maybe a PS4 pro bundle when GTS is released.

I tend to forget that you now have to pay to play online. Do you guys notice any improvement for your cash? I suppose it might be difficult to compare since you are using a different game now.

Although it may or may not have the cars you'd like Sick, @buybon355 has tried out a demo of GTS and seemed very impressed with it.

You could get the PS4 Pro bundled with Project Cars 2 instead!

I will probably skip GTS and get PC2, but I will wait for reviews of both.

I know that GTS will have better replays and it will probably have better hosting options and community / club features - I expect PC2 to be better in virtually all other areas including the important ones:

Physics, sound, car list, track roster, career, dynamic weather and dynamic time.

Final Round (12) Championship Points

Round 12 Motegi Ovaal.jpg

Big congratulations to SimbaLora (Andreas) on an outstanding performance all season with nine wins, one second place and one third place - he visited the virtual podium - normally the top step - at every race (one round was cancelled). It is only right therefore to issue him with the prizes detailed early in the thread. John Wells wins a copy of "Talladega Nights" for 100% attendance. Prizes for both championships will be despatched by the end of next week.

At round 12 we completed 3 races - points were awarded for the best result i.e. Buybon, IfAndOr and SimbaLora all scored wins and therefore gained 25 points.

Congratulations on all of your great Series' so far, @Sick Cylinder. The few meetings I've attended have been of a very high quality & it's clear that a lot of work has gone into what you create.
I notice you're making the big move to Project Cars.

I've raced with some of you more than others in various places on GT6 & even met @buybon355 (I pronounce that name correctly & in full now that I know what it means) in person for a drunking. :)

I've missed playing while I haven't been around much since last summer. Hopefully I'll see you all on the track somewhere before too long.
:cheers:

I missed on round Sick.:rolleyes:

Was it the cancelled round 7?

Congratulations on all of your great Series' so far, @Sick Cylinder. The few meetings I've attended have been of a very high quality & it's clear that a lot of work has gone into what you create.
I notice you're making the big move to Project Cars.

I've raced with some of you more than others in various places on GT6 & even met @buybon355 (I pronounce that name correctly & in full now that I know what it means) in person for a drunking. :)

I've missed playing while I haven't been around much since last summer. Hopefully I'll see you all on the track somewhere before too long.
:cheers:

Thanks for the kind thoughts @S_Bridge (M_Mallet_Jr)

Just a reminder to everyone that my PS3 name is Sick_Cylinder and my PS4 name is Sick_Cylinder2 People will need to send a new Friend Request if we are to keep in touch on PS4.

Back