Wednesdays Historic BSCC 3 20:30-21:30 BST- Pimiki & SimbaLora CHAMPIONS!!!Finished 

If you wish I can post a few more. I haven't touched the
yet. Because, to be totally honest, they are very scary!

Please feel free to post more - especially in car views. I know that a big plus with Project Cars is that there are a range of cockpit views so that it is easier for people to find one that they like. I am also interested in hosting options, but I know that you aren't online yet due to PS+

I went to Brands Hatch on Saturday with Mook to watch the AMOC race meeting and saw the most amazing car - the 1958 6.4 litre Cadillac powered Allard Farrallac and met its equally charming owner Tony Bianchi. I know there is very little chance of this car being added to a game, but one can dream! I have started a thread for it so please all click on the link and support the suggestion - thanks!

A sneak peek!

100_2579.JPG

Click on the link and click like to support this suggestion!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/allard-farrallac-1958.348790/

I have no idea how I actually won a race. :confused::eek:
Even more surprising was it was at nordschleife and I had Simba ahead of me and Pimiki catching me fast.
Very intense sweaty and I was actually shaking by the end as I expected to crash out at the last second. :scared:
Actually I only won because both Pimiki and Simba made very uncharacteristic mistakes and they were driving cars I can't even keep pointing straight!!!

Excellent fun. Have to confess feels really great to win. :D 1win in 2 yrs of racing with Sick...ill take that!:dopey:

:cheers:

Sorry for being late I was sitting outside and lost all track of time. Anyway my late arrival backfired on me, jumping in at the last moment I realised I hadn't set my gearbox up and it was still adjusted for last weeks very short track. I was hitting the rev limiter a third of the way down the straight!

Congratulations to Suts on his surprise* victory.

* To him but not to others. You've certainly got a lot faster. 👍

I was at my cousins birthday party
Did you save us any cake Harsk? ;) Hope you had a good time.

Sorry for being late I was sitting outside and lost all track of time. Anyway my late arrival backfired on me, jumping in at the last moment I realised I hadn't set my gearbox up and it was still adjusted for last weeks very short track. I was hitting the rev limiter a third of the way down the straight!

Congratulations to Suts on his surprise* victory.

* To him but not to others. You've certainly got a lot faster. 👍

Did you save us any cake Harsk? ;) Hope you had a good time.
Yes, there's plenty of Cake. And yes, Paul, I had a good time. Thanks for asking. 👍

Here's one more. Hope you don't mind.

This time I used the sharefactory app to create a, hopefully, bit more appealing video. Mixing onboard views with replay cameras in realtime and shortened the overall lenght of the video to just 8 minutes, it contains parts of a Qualifying session followed by a 15 minute race and it shows at the beginning that I was running on an AI-level of 86 which, after the race, I wished I had it set much higher.

You really should check out the hosting-options for online races this game gives you Sick, I think this game has some potential as a platform for the Series.

Great race tonight! At one point there was a five way battle for the lead :D

I had great stability in my Gordini, the tail only stepped out once or twice when I was too brave with the accelerator on corner exits. The tyre wear was minimal and evenly spread (9 all around, except front right which was 10), and I think it gave me an advantage towards the end, when both Harsk and Pimiki got down to 8.

That was Epic!!! - it reminded me of this race at Brands Hatch Indy by Andy Jones AKA "The Hillmanator" - he puts up an epic fight in his tiny Hillman Imp against a BMW 1800 and two Lotus Cortina's - one an ex Alan Mann works ETCC car (FOO 207). Alan came up with the iconic gold and red livery in response to the popularity of the Lotus Cortina - at the time there were two works Ford teams, one run by Colin Chapman and his F1 team which normally competed in BSCC and Alan Mann's works Ford team which focussed on the ETCC, plus numerous privateer entrants. This is just the sort of race that I was trying to replicate and it has helped me to finalise the track list for the next series.

In the qualifying race I was just behind a big battle between a Renault 8 and Plymouth Cuda. I seemed to have an advantage in certain parts of the track, but just couldn't quite make anything stick. In the Feature race Zeus beat me off the line and I followed him for a long time before being able to make a move just before the end when his tyres wore - that was a very satisfying 6th place!

At the end of the Feature Race the podium guys were only separated by about a second (Pimiki, Eran and Harsk). If there is anything that needs to be checked on the replay please let me know the lap (or laps) to save time. I will try and find time to watch the race tomorrow.

Enjoy this onboard footage of "The Hillmanator" (the Hillman Imp is what we were trying to replicate with our choice of the Renault 8 - Andy Jones car certainly looks lively!).

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Had a great view of harsk and pimiki battling for the lead, but holding each other up. Eran was coming on strong behind me so I thought I'd give him a chance to mix it with the leaders as I couldn't get quite close enough. Sure enough, the rapid eran was dicing for the lead in no time.
Simba made a great recovery and was up with the leaders too but slithered off at paddock.
If I'm honest I was hoping for the top two to tangle as there were some fairly robust defensive moves , but harsk and pimiki are both star quality so no advantage to be had.
I had a half spin which dropped me back 5 secs so I missed the final stages of the battle I had enjoyed for the whole race. Proper epic. In fact, sign me up for the remainder!

@Sick Cylinder From my position, mostly at the back of the front pack, everything looked clean. I think Harsk would like you to watch corner 1 of the last lap though, where he and Pimiki had some contact. And if you do that, could you also watch the braking zone leading up to corner 2 on the same lap, where there were contact between Harsk and me?
Yes! Pimiki has done a divebomb on me, which has caused me to be dropped between 3rd. My result would have been better if this incident would not have happened. This has happened to me twice.

But despite of that, it was still a good battle and I hope that I'll be able to recover my win forces soon.

Yes! Pimiki has done a divebomb on me, which has caused me to be dropped between 3rd. My result would have been better if this incident would not have happened. This has happened to me twice.

But despite of that, it was still a good battle and I hope that I'll be able to recover my win forces soon.

Harsk!
Every bend big big brakes kept the top spot. In the last round the outer arc did you left open on the inside line so you could not be closed in front of me, you pushed out in the late closing! That's how I see it!

Harsk!
Every bend big big brakes kept the top spot. In the last round the outer arc did you left open on the inside line so you could not be closed in front of me, you pushed out in the late closing! That's how I see it!
Well, that's understandable. I actually had overexagerated a little bit with bumps after bumps with your Mini. However the problem is that whenn I was about to defend my line, you had pushed me! That made me pissed off and as you guys can see, that loss was very hard to swallow.
I'm so sorry Pimiki, but what I'm saying is true! I hope that you can understand my situation.

I understand that its hard to see the situation. We wanted to overtake you with Eran, you choosed to hold back Eran on the outer curve, like this the inner curve was free, and when you tried to close in front of me, I was already next to you so we had a contact because of you. There wasn't any push away, both of us stayed on the court it was a contact.

I looked back the race and that's my opinion.

Some great battles with sut, if:D
Good close racing at the back. Kept passing John and If and then sliding off and they would re take the place. Had better pace than I expected but as usual not very consistent!!! And can't seem to overtake !!!
Good fun.
Wish it had been brands GP. Would have done better there as kept forgetting it was Indy circuit 2nd last corner and slowing too much!
:cheers:

Back