Week 100: No Restrictions!

• Thread starter Kent
  • 324 comments
New best clean in the full modded Mini :
T1 = 1'38.676
T2 = 2'49.185
T3 = 4'02.608

Lap time improved by 2.5 sec, so time is submitted.

Haven't been able to drive an inch since friday as my head feels like it's going to explode. So I won.t be able to better my time from last week. Shame would have been a real close one.

Good luck to all you guys at the top..... Next race perhaps...:ill:

Black wins, white could do better ("Int. Karate+" quote)

My times submitted, so thanx for a great week.Could have gone faster, but so much to do i R.L :grumpy:

Div 1

I just had a few runs in the full mod mini also :)

best T3 overall was a 3.56.2xx .... but that was dirty! 👎

my submitted save has a T3 of 3.56.9xx with a slow end slalom :crazy: my final clean time is 1 full second behind the unclean run :yuck: I have other things to do but glad I managed to get a time down for week 100 :cheers:

Submitting now.

There, submitted my times for this week. Excluded my lap in the arcade mini since it was painfully slow compared to you guys..

Ended up submitting my S2000 LM(full), castrol tom's supra(arcade) and a Viper GTS-R Team Oreca(arcade). Last one just for fun I guess...

Anyway, great race! :dopey:

(Thanks to Tuff240 for very good settings for the S2000 LM! 👍 )

Until next race..

Cheers!

I've been having fun running street cars with everything but power mods. I guess I could throw in a new muffler system and such, but I didn't feel like it at the time.

So it's like taking a stock S2000, stipping it of extra weight, putting new shocks, tires, and transmission in it, and various other non-power-boosting-mods.

Lots of fun. Very controllable car. The HP is around 247 I think. There's nearly zero delay when shifting gears (:

Not nearly as much time as I'd liked to have run this week. None in fact!
Now only got 5hrs to submission deadline & need to extract a decent lap from the Arcade & modded Mini.

Arcade (so far....)
T1 2'10.941
T2 3'36.628
T3 5'08.186

Compared to CFM's splits, I'm close up to the right angles, then lose buckets of time there. Hmmmmmmmm.

Smallhorses
Compared to CFM's splits, I'm close up to the right angles, then lose buckets of time there. Hmmmmmmmm.

evil2.gif
He he...I made a teeny bit of an improvement in the Arcade Mini
evil2.gif

2:07.802
3:32.570
4:59.789

Finally broke the 5 minute barrier yesterday after a few hours of seat time.
boink.gif

My fully mod run wasn't near my potential as I had to squeeze in runs here and there and could not figure out how to tune it worth a crap.:dunce: Final splits in Modded Mini:

1:36.760
2:46.274
3:57.839

I had a pretty good run with a T3 around 3:57.2, but upon inspection it had a dropped wheel in one of the turns.:indiff:

Good luck all you Mini Maniacs!👍

bbq0801
Took off three seconds with the F094/s
but Im still way off :grumpy:

T1-1'05.652
T2-1'51.097
T3-2'42.186

You have kind of jumped on me here bbq.

I saw that you sent a pm yesterday... I didn't get around to checking your registration but it seems you've already turned in a time and started posting any way.

I will count you in as I would with anyone else.
;) :D :cheers:

Till next time,
-Kent

Kent
You have kind of jumped on me here bbq.

I saw that you sent a pm yesterday... I didn't get around to checking your registration but it seems you've already turned in a time and started posting any way.

I will count you in as I would with anyone else.
However, if I find out some how that you are a racer we all know who is using a new name... :grumpy: :guilty:

I hope that's not the case, but if not. ;) :D :cheers:

Till next time,
-Kent

Nope, Im new.. sorry for Jumping on you, I was really excited that I finally found a race series, and I wanted to get involved as soon as possible. If its too much of a trouble to review my registration and timed laps before the deadline, its not a big deal... :)

Was it not OK for me to start posting anyway? (sorry?.?)

I'm looking forward to next week! :cheers:
-BBQ

Well guys, looks like I finally made it... I spent the last hour trying to get a clean lap... The only good lap that I saved the replay of broke the 2-tires rule in one of the decreasing circles... I am so shakey right now I can't even type :crazy:

I managed to make a perfectly clean lap about half an hour ago, but it was ~0.700 seconds slower than my best one (the one I just described above). After doing that, I just kept on going and doing more and more and more laps, until, finally, 5 minutes before submission deadline, I managed to make a clean lap and about 2 seconds faster than the "dirty" one above... I was so happy and nervous and shakey I just wanted to cry... D@mn, I finally made it :D I conquered the Complex String II and almost made the time I was looking for (I was planning on getting 1 second faster than the lap I just did). But it's good enough for me, considering that I couldn't put too much time into this, this past week/weekend due to college related assignments and tests :guilty:

Here are my split times (with my Denso Supra @ 970HP)

T1: 1'08.797
T2: 2'03.345
T3: 3'00.046

The T1 sector is the one that tonight has been giving me the most problems, believe it or not... I could do those d@mn decresing-radius circles like a bad @ss mofo (like my GT Cat would do them ;) :D) but I couldn't beat my previous T1 time if I died trying... I caught up with the "dirty" lap ghost at the circles and I just gave him what looked like a second right there... then, as my hands were shaking, all I could think of was: "You can do it Wizard, just don't let him pass you again, and you'll have a clean lap + the fastest lap with one shot!" And so I did... :D

Sorry for the lenght, but I had to tell this story, to release the tension... I am still shaking... :scared:

The Wizard.

thats how my lap was like, clean and the fastest one i managed. Its a good feeling

Small_Fryz
thats how my lap was like, clean and the fastest one i managed. Its a good feeling

You bet it's a good feeling 👍 It's like... you try for an hour just to get a clean lap, but if you go slower just for that purpose then you are not concentrating and not driving like you are used to, so you make even more mistakes... I figured the only way that worked for me tonight was to load up my "best dirty lap" ghost and just keep behind him for a while (since I know my T1 had no hope tonight, for some reason)... I knew I could take him at the circles, because tonight I was doing them better than ever before... So my plan was just to follow the ghost, quite close, giving him like half a second advantage, so I could see what he was doing and react to it and have time to replicate it... Then once I got to the cricles section, I overtook him and just kept him behind... Easy enough... What upsets me though, is my T1 time :indiff: It's almost a second slower than my best, and that means I could have done a whole better overall finishing time, but I guess I can't have it all, now can I? :D ;)

Anyway, I am happy I actually did manage to submit one time, I almost didn't make the deadline, and I would have been really disappointed if I missed the "century-versary" of the WRS :D

EDIT: Now I am going to watch the replay in every possible camera angle until my eyes bleed, because it's the best lap I have ever done in GT3 :D
EDIT II: Man, that looked good 👍 TheWizard :bowdown: to himself for accomplishing such a feat... Yes, I am cocky sometimes, so what?! :D

The Wizard.

Small fryz...

No problem posting them in the next minute or so... but do you want special coloring and all that?

It will take a minute longer in that case. ;)

Small_Fryz
go for the colouring (notice the u) kent 👍

:D :cheers:

What about the U?

In America we spell it Color. :D

Deal with it. :P

:lol:

Results in 10 seconds!

thanks for the quick results kent (as its 12:54am for you atm) its really appreciated 👍

Back