• Thread starter Kent
  • 100 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
The Car: Any S Class Arcade Car. (no tcs or asm restrictions)

The Track: Tokyo R246

The Race: Hot Lap (Arcade mode: Free run: best single lap time)

The Rules:

1. You must have 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. The rumble strips are considered part of the track.
3. No wall riding or touching.
4. No cutting the grass or short cutting.
5. No hybrids
6. No cheating of any kind.

Time Discussion: All "T" Times.

The deadline: All Times Due before 00.00hrs Central Standard Time (New Orleans, Louisiana, America), Tuesday the 25th. (Same as 06.00hrs London. Tuesday the 25th.)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?sort=2

Send all final times via PM to Me. (GoKents)
Remember to include your division.

Ok here is a mediocre T2. 51.167 just to throw out there. Easily alot more to be had. My big problem is that last corner. I dont know how to come at it at all.

Quick squirt

T2 47.585

That last corner is a bit of a ***** hey.
I tend to take it pretty late, as you can get a fairly nice run out of it.

I'm gonna have a look when I get home but, is S class the one with Viper Oreca and Arta NSX? If it is, some people will have the 787B for winning arcade races. I don't. Could you advise please GoKents.

How can you compare T2 times while you don't even know which car other people are using ?
@ Tofu : taking a close look to GT3times, Racing-line or Granturismo.de would give some hints to reduce your choice to a short list of 3 cars.
That is, unless the ranking is done per car.

The Mazda 787B is the fastest car for this race, no questions asked. It'll be a fast and fun one for sure:sly:

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
The Mazda 787B is the fastest car for this race, no questions asked. It'll be a fast and fun one for sure:sly:

Yeah but not everyone has it yet. I don't. Do you have to finnish all of the Arcade races to get it? I don't know if any one else is in my position but it will be very unfair for those who can't use the 787B.

I'm waiting for GoKents to come back online so he can advise us.

If you go to arcade mode and start beating the races on "Hard" mode you can unlock the cars and tracks very quickly. It would be a good idea to do so anyway if you plan on doing OLR for a while. It is easy to beat the Arcade Mode "Hard" difficulty races if you use the Castrol Tom's Supra, it will pull ahead rather easily. I'll try to find out how far you have to unlock to get the 787B and post back.

Can you use cars from your garage? If so, I'll blast around in my F1 car.

Originally posted by DQuaN
Can you use cars from your garage? If so, I'll blast around in my F1 car.
The rules say : S-Class Arcade car, so sorry, no garage car is allowed.

@ Carbon : the times on the sites I quoted seem to show that both the Toyota GT-One and the Nissan R-390 are faster than the 787B on this track. I wouldn't expect it either, and I'll check this out tonight... That's why I mention a short list of 3 cars.

This will be a three car race for sure. I already know which one I'll be in. Another stunner of a race from Kent! Way to go:tup:

Originally posted by flat-out
I know this one, there's my name on rank 29 next to an awful time ;). I wasn't sure whether Racing-line and GT3Times were restricted to Arcade cars or not.

That time was from 2 months ago so you should be able to better it with ease, am I right?;)

I'm going to Norway for a very prolonged weekend, so unfortunately I won't be able to participate this week.

See you next week. Have fun. :)

That time was from 2 months ago so you should be able to better it with ease, am I right?;)
Indeed that was before I even create my login here on GTP. It's prehistory :D. I hope when I try seriously this one I can improve my time by 1 or 2 seconds... I'll know tonight. and let you know... my T times.

@ NielsG : no close competition this week then, have a nice time over there.

DQuan: no, you have to use the arcade cars in arcade mode for the race to count towards your unlocking...
Are you sure about that? It's been a while, but I seem to remember using garage cars to do this. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the 787b is unlocked by winning all the "F" area races at the "Hard" level. The F tracks can be unlocked by sequentially winniing all the A-E areas on "Easy" difficulty (or harder).

Originally posted by flat-out
How can you compare T2 times while you don't even know which car other people are using ?
@ Tofu : taking a close look to GT3times, Racing-line or Granturismo.de would give some hints to reduce your choice to a short list of 3 cars.
That is, unless the ranking is done per car.

Yeah....... I was hoping this wouldnt be a one car thing but it usually is... I havent unlocked much of anything on this save file. But I guess I will get crackin and hop in a 787B.

I ran a few laps with each one of the 3 top S-class cars tonight to compare and make sure the obvious choice is the best choice. Here are the best T2 times :

R390 (542hp) : 46.5 s
787B (690hp) : 46.7 s
GT-One (599hp) : 48.2 s

In comparison, the C-West Razö Silvia (295hp) is 10 seconds slower.
The Speed 12 has more power (799hp) but it's almost useless without TCS and ASM.
I had a best split time with the R390 mainly because it turns more easily than the 787B, and therefore I could have a higher speed in the long turns. However, I think with enough practice the 787B can go much faster than the R390.
I only have 1 or 2 seconds to find to lap in 'normal' times :irked:.

I'm gonna have to pass, I couldn't get a lap without grazing a wall slightly and I kinda just threw my controller at the PS2 and sorta broke it a little, call me when we do another F1 race because I just can't take all these slow ass cars.

Back