Week 69: Passage to Colosseo

• Thread starter Kent
  • 147 comments
HIya Guys (& lotus350!)
:D Sorry for the dismal showing last week, just didn't have any time to tune properly & I never got a chance to try Link's set-up. But NO TUNING this week eh?

Arcade Rides are NOT my Forte so I'm not likely to find any more time out there. Some of you guys are "Flying!" :eek::eek::eek: Best times after about 40 Laps:

T-1 = 25.723
T-2 = 54.203

BIG Question??? I've found a Great Race with a Sim Ride we've NEVER Used at a Venue that offers pretty intelligent & well matched "AI." The only problem is it's a 5 Lap Race & "Hot Laps" seems to be the preferred mode of Competition here at the WRS. I'd like to get a feel as to whether or not you guys are interested before I submit it to GoKents so please send me a PM one way or the other. If you'd rather NOT run a longer Race than we normally do I'll post it in the "Spot Race Forum."

Thanx in Advance for your opinions...UB57 :D

Alright guys...

Sent the message to pat with the word that the wrs is ready for a challenge.

Once he gets back to me I will come in with some more info about how to run this event and who should be involved.

Also, I noticed famine with a 54.4... 👍
Good job.
I ran the same time yesterday after I finally got in some laps.
Took about an hour of running to get something like that going for me, but I know there is a ton of time to pull off. ;)

Anyway, gotta run for now, back soon,
later.
- :D

:lol: I love how u guys runnin 54.x are like "theres room for improvement",Im running 56.x and sayin to myself, "well thas as good as its gona get" :D

AmsevenCrx
:lol: I love how u guys runnin 54.x are like "theres room for improvement",Im running 56.x and sayin to myself, "well thas as good as its gona get" :D

Hang in there AmsevenCrx!!! 👍
:D I think it's safe to say that nobody here "Started Out" being capable of 54s. This is a FANTASTIC OLR to help you learn & improve!!! (I KNOW it's helped me in my modest improvements!!!)...UB57 :D

Oh damit! I forgot my GT3 and my memory card at my friends house. Well I should get it before 15th june.

With a bit of luck I'll be able to have a go at this one later tonight :)

AmsevenCrx
I'm running 54.1xx and saying there's room for improvement, but I don't see it coming in the 54. The improvement I need is in the last corner.

Hi all,

Small improvements here: 25.753 | 55.148.
I'm going to give a little more time to this tomorrow and try to squeeze a bit more out of this.
L8R

Originally posted by angelx
definately, ill put up my replay.

Cool :cool:

Feeling inspired by those 2/10's in T1 you got from me, I got myself a T1 @ 25.480, and T2 @ 53.856, minimal improvement, however, I found an additional 0.550 before the finish line :cool:

I figure (since I have seen low 25.3's) I shoiuld be able to nab another 0.250 before the weekend is over :) Oh, and of course, I know of at least 0.100 I lost in the "A6" section of the lap.

angelx
definately, ill put up my replay.

Yeah, I'm with TML, that lap is so good it's almost unbelievable!
Can't wait to see the replay on that one.....holy smokes you must be FLYIN! 👍

Regarding my time, I haven't had a chance to run anymore than the 20 or so laps I first did. Isn't looking to promising I'll get to spend more time on it either. 👎

I'll turn in my times tomarrow afternoon or earlier.

So, expect me to destory all of you'lls pride. Just alittle racer teasing. :lol:

well... i just got home from work and decided to do some laps, i hit a 25.197 T1 on a dirty lap. On another lap i beat my best time by a tenth of a second with a T2 of 24.909, so i know there is still time out there i just don't know if i can grab it.

my times arnt the best 26.112 55.476 but im use to racingdoor to door with agroup of i.link buddies usually 3 or more

8 laps in, and I'm running 26.1, and 55.5. Very loose and uncoordinated. So I might be able to squeeze a few more ticks out.

You know, I'm kicking myself over here. It seems that for the past two years, I've been 1-1.5 seconds off Lotus350' time. Add a 2 seconds to that of Mr.P or Missing link, and I'm right there. For two years, I've been in that position. Now, I know that I've improved because I recently knocked off the first five time trials in under an hour. I'm simply amazed that these fast people are getting even faster.

Then we get this:
angelx
well... i just got home from work and decided to do some laps, i hit a 25.197 T1 on a dirty lap. On another lap i beat my best time by a tenth of a second with a T2 of 24.909, so i know there is still time out there i just don't know if i can grab it.

I'm really interested in a replay, because right now, you've come from no where with no previous history of OLR and you're smoking some of the fastest guys I've known for two+ years. Who, interestingly enough, have myriad records under their name.

AO

Der Alta, While your driving, watch out for that Parrot or whatever that is...Lets call it a bird, anyway, watch out for it. It will pester you, like my dog just did..

Der Alta
I'm really interested in a replay, because right now, you've come from no where with no previous history of OLR and you're smoking some of the fastest guys I've known for two+ years.
AO

Actually i did OLR before at gamefaqs, but that was a long time ago. I raced in a couple of WRS races too, i missed the deadline for one of them but am sure my replay is there (week 65 i believe).

angelx
Actually i did OLR before at gamefaqs, but that was a long time ago. I raced in a couple of WRS races too, i missed the deadline for one of them but am sure my replay is there (week 65 i believe).

Gamefaqs racers suck.. Thats been sitting on the table ever since it begun.

Darin
Gamefaqs racers suck.. Thats been sitting on the table ever since it begun.

Darin, there is no need to Generalize here, your bound to find veteran and rookie racers alike anywhere you go.

angelx
Darin, there is no need to Generalize here, your bound to find veteran and rookie racers alike anywhere you go.

I'm not, look on GameFaqs yourself. One person claims to be,"The GT KING." I find that sad.

..... I'll just shut up and continue racing.

angelx

In Week 64 you finished last in division 1 (but you qualified in division 1, which is a good start), but there's no replay.

In Week 65 you missed the deadline (as you say) and posted a time which would have placed you first overall. The replay is in this post.

Im beginning to think that the ARCADE skyline isn't being used by angelx.... simply because I cannot understand the kind of time differentials that add (or subtract) from the splits... either way, offering a replay at the conclusion is good enough for me at this point.

As for the 'jetpack' it takes months of nothing but GT3... and then the game will just give you one ;) (See BC2 for reception of jet pack :) )

Well I am glad to see you are all passionate about this race. 👍

I also am looking forward to seeing some of these 53.??? replays.

As for my racing... haven't done any more since last time I posted, but right now I am feeling like tomorrow will be a good day for racing.

btw, No word yet from "fastpat" but once I hear from him I will let you all know. :mischievous:

Later. :D

Just spent the last hour on this one. I'm seeing 25.2's but more frequentlly 25.3's and 4's, T2's aren't worth a mention as yet. Time I got a clean lap me thinks :)

Still pumping out the laps with mid to low 54's in the t2, tryin to find that 53.... hahahaha

If any Pal user is posting 53 t2 times, i would luv to see a replay posted at the end of the event. got me xport fired up and want to see where i could improve...

A few more days though, so a 53 could happen.... but dang, thats bloody fast.

Back