Weekly Drift Meet (Seeking Interest)

• Thread starter coza427
  • 11 comments
Australia
Australia
BADONKY_KONG_69
Hey guys.

Now i'm finally back online and re-experienced the amazing drifting community within Gran Turismo, I feel as though the community has dulled down since GT5 and searching through the forums today it appears that only Team Nemesis and NoiseBombDrifterz host weekly/fortnightly meets. So I have decided to take it upon myself to reunite and liven up the thriving community that it once was. My idea is to hold a weekly meet allowing members of the community to come together.

The event will be international, allowing those from everywhere around the globe to participate unless lag persists. I'm thinking about hosting the meet's on Thursdays at 5-6pm AEST till 9-10pm AEST.

Each meet will have a different theme provided by myself or those recommended by the community. Track changes will be in the form of a vote. Votes will be held every 30-60mins depending on the opinions of those in attendance. Regulations will be Comfort Hard tyres/tires only, no driving aids (ABS will be accepted) and no race cars or cars with excessive downforce (depending on the theme). The game mode will be set to Drift Trial.

If anyone is interested please reply! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Now i'm finally back online and re-experienced the amazing drifting community within Gran Turismo, I feel as though the community has dulled down since GT5 and searching through the forums today it appears that only Team Nemesis and NoiseBombDrifterz host weekly/fortnightly meets. So I have decided to take it upon myself to reunite and liven up the thriving community that it once was. My idea is to hold a weekly meet allowing members of the community to come together.

The event will be international, allowing those from everywhere around the globe to participate unless lag persists. I'm thinking about hosting the meet's on Thursdays at 5-6pm AEST till 9-10pm AEST.

Each meet will have a different theme provided by myself or those recommended by the community. Track changes will be in the form of a vote. Votes will be held every 30-60mins depending on the opinions of those in attendance. Regulations will be Comfort Hard tyres/tires only, no driving aids and no race cars or cars with excessive downforce (depending on the theme). The game mode will be set to Drift Trial.

If anyone is interested please reply! :)

Not sure if it occurs anymore, but back when i was on PS3. teamJDMT had random rooms up guaranteed on Friday or Saturday night 4-10pm AEST. Anyway cool to see you're taking action and uniting the forums on the track!

Good luck man!

Thanks for the support guys! So far its a go ahead but I'll wait and see if any Euros or Americans are keen. :)

Sup sup

It's really cool that you doing this, keep it up. 👍 I only have one lil thing to disagree with you and it's on bold down below.

Hey guys.

Now i'm finally back online and . . . searching through the forums today it appears that only Team Nemesis and NoiseBombDrifterz host weekly/fortnightly meets. So I have decided to take it upon myself to . . . . :)

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken DropFive began Drift Bash once more and it has been up for quite some time now. I've personally been posting them here since a month and a week

or so, which have and are all always posted on Spontaneous thread and through Facebook.

I mean, all good, though. I'm just 'correcting' your statement, if I may. ;)

Have a good day.

Tetsu-Drop5

I'll definitely try to make some of these. Good to see you back Coza!!

We haven't been running NightSlide consistently for a while now.

Good luck with this, looking forward to some epic tandems :)

Cheers for the support guys. @Tetsu_X i'll have to check out your drift bash meets, I must of missed it on my search through the forums.

Cheers for the support guys. @Tetsu_X i'll have to check out your drift bash meets, I must of missed it on my search through the forums.

Previous DB events were posted through Face book. I, myself, started posting them here since I'm the lonely survivor. Hehhehe

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...itions-events-♦-post-your-rooms.304897/page-6

Remember to like and follow to D5's and Spankified Facebook, plus subscribe to D5 Spank's Youtube. All links needed down below. ;)

Drop5 Facebook: www.facebook.com/dropfivemotorsports (+287 Likes) 👍
Drop5 Spankifiedhidef Facebook: www.facebook.com/spankifiedhidef
Drop5 Spank's Youtube:www.youtube.com/SpankifiedHiDEF

Back