Weekly Race Idea thread

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 31 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
Let's put some ideas out there in the hopes that PD implement something a little different. Now, please, before you post, please post something that would be able to fit within the structure of the daily races. Please don't post something along the lines of "24hrs of (track that doesn't exist) with (cars that don't exist)". Legit possibilities only.

Here's what I would like to see

Race B/C - Brands Hatch with the old sports racers (Ferrari GTO, Alfa, etc)
Race B/C - Lemans No chicane with the old Lemans cars (Ferrari 330, GT40, Shelby Daytona,etc)
Race C - Nurb24 with the Group C cars (962, 787, etc)
Race A - Any track with a selection N100 cars
Race A - Lancia Stratos at Inerlagos

Let's get some lesser used cars into the mix!!

They need to implement a system that results in a “race d” that is voted on by GT Sport members during the previous weeks races. I couldn’t imagine it would be that hard to do. I think that would result in some fun races for the community. They already have the option for a track vote in lobby races...

Maybe 1 track all week in N100/N200/etc.... but different car each day.

Example 1: Race A. Miyabi. N100.

Monday: Sprinter 1983
Tuesday: A110 1972
Wednesday: Swift Sport 2007
Thursday: Abarth 500 2009
Friday: Roadster S 2015

Saturday/Sunday: any of the above.

Example 2: Race B . Goodwood. N400.

Monday: 512 BB 1976
Tuesday: GT40 1966
Wednesday: Miura 1967
Thursday: GTO 1984
Friday: Countach LP400 1974

Saturday/Sunday: any of above

Race a Goodwood n300 open tuning 4-5 laps sport soft

Race b gr3 Nurb gp 4-5 laps rm

Race c la Sarthe group c 4-5 laps tires rm

I like @Pigems idea about changing different days, I also would like to add each player should only get a limited qualifying time like ten minutes after that it’s set and you have to race the car you qualified in. Further if you do not enter a qual time you start ten seconds after the last car that qualified lol @svenjurgens

I’d like to see them change the races on different days, say for example, Race A changes Monday, B on Wednesday and C on Friday. We’d have a new race every other day and in theory it really isn’t any more work for PD, it’s still the same amount of races. :)

If ever there was a simple idea to keep things at least feeling fresh it's this. I really hope PD see this idea and implement it.

My suggestion for a weekly race is pretty much anything with Gr.B. We occasionally see them at live events but Gr.B at Red Bull Ring as a weekly race I'd love to see.
Nothing at a dirt track though. That would be carnage :lol:

I’d like to see them change the races on different days, say for example, Race A changes Monday, B on Wednesday and C on Friday. We’d have a new race every other day and in theory it really isn’t any more work for PD, it’s still the same amount of races. :)

This will be great. Only thing to add is that they split DR/SR in weekly races from DR/SR in Championship races so weeklies are not being used to tank/manipulate DR/SR.

If ever there was a simple idea to keep things at least feeling fresh it's this. I really hope PD see this idea and implement it.

My suggestion for a weekly race is pretty much anything with Gr.B. We occasionally see them at live events but Gr.B at Red Bull Ring as a weekly race I'd love to see.
Nothing at a dirt track though. That would be carnage :lol:

The staggered changes would be good, would be nice if you didn't like any of the races and didn't have to wait a full week to get a different one.

Would love to see Gr.B, Willow Springs is good for it too, but should be on SH tyres, shame PD would never lock TC off for it though.

Group 4 at the short tracks like Brands indy, Suzuka east, etc.

Group B at blue moon variants, broad bean, north isle speedway, pretty much all the oddball tracks.

Group 1 with tuning, limited to the LMP1 cars and slightly longer races. An alternate lobby with Group C cars too.

One make series with the electric Audi with 20 min races and tire wear.

More Mercedes F1, SF19, and Red Bull car races.

Last edited:
Really simple. Go back to actual Daily races. 3 new ones every day. Even the races that I do really well at, cannot hold my interest for 7 days. 4 or 5 days is the longest I can stomach any car/track combo. At least change one of them, daily. Also, use more N class cars, and let's not forget about N400-N1000.

There should be more Gr.X stuff in general, since all the VGT cars and a bunch of other rare/unique/interesting cars are basically wasted.

My ideas

5 "Daily" Races not 3 - if you're not going to change them for a week, give us some more variety please!

Different options for class
1 - Single Makes that don't completely suck - use the VGT's for a bit of variety!
2 - N-Class with a limited choice from garage (like they have done before) and use more of the cars in the game.
3 - X-Class - again with a limited choice but actually use a lot more of the cars in the game
4 - Multi-class racing - ability to pick between a Gr 3 or 4, between a Gr 1 or Gr C (split them up again). May cause some issues but offer prizes for first overall and first in class.
5 - Gr B on dirt! Why have it in the game and not use it?

Different races
1 - More time-based endurance races - facility is there so use it to give more thrilling races that involve using strategy and brain power.
2 - Longer races that involve tires and fuel for more strategy than a dominant one (ie. one-stop or no-stop) that always takes over
3 - Allow tuning - not power of weight - but suspension and gears and diffs (for the love of god diffs) - again, otherwise why bother with it in the game?
4 - Have some more fun with them - Tombahawk on the N-Ring? F1 on Speedway? Redbull on Tokyo Expressway? - make a race that is clearly aimed for the fun of racing rather but one that also sorts the wheat from the chafe. How many noobs are going to pick it because it's got the fastest cars only to get destroyed by someone who can actually race?

I'd like to see a weekly road car race that isn't a one make, similar to what we see in the Nations Final (E.g. N400). It seems strange to me that they keep doing these races in the finals, yet we never get to experience anything like that in the dailies. It would also be a nostalgic reminder of GT games of old.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for this next week:

Race A: Tundra TRD Pro at BB Raceway (15 Laps?)
Race B: Gr.3 at Sainte-Croix B (4 Laps)
Race C: Gr.4 at Sardegna Road B (Double the length of N24 Tour Manufacturers Race 2, 3x Fuel, 6x Tyres, Softs only)

Week1
Race A: N300 at Tokyo Expressway, but this time you can choose any car from the category.
Race B: GrB at some of the dirt tracks. Would be interesting to see.
Race C: Gr1 at nur24, but only Group C cars are allowed.
Week 2
Race A: Gr4 at Tsukuba
Race B: Gr2 at Nur GP
Race C: N400 at goodwood, but you can only use cars older than 1979

Some more Weekly Race ideas to throw around.

Race A: Renault R8 Gordini at Alsace Village (3-5 Laps)
Race B: Gr.3 at Blue Moon Bay Infield A (8 Laps)
Race C: Red Bull X2019 Competition at Interlagos (same settings as the 2018 Americas Final event, i.e. the Final Race)

Back