Weekly Race Series, Week 12 - High Rollin

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 81 comments
This round is nearly over and i've only had 2 sessions at it :embarrassed: i've been sidetracked with TT1 and a rally 4 course combo at GT.com ..
(any ralliers wanna have some arcade suby action follow the link).

http://forum.granturismo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78635

In a nutshell what i'm saying is : dont expect nothing special from me this week as i wont be touching monaco again :P ......... never liked this race to begin with ;) looking forward to next race , good luck to all :cool:

laters

Dont get cocky mr arwin or i might reconsider and wipe that big cheesy of ya kite :mischievous:

Good luck man 👍

Well I achieved my own goal and it also seems like I hold the current best time, so I'm lacking motivation somewhat to do better, but ... I'm sure I can. :D

Maybe I should try this run again one last time tonight just in case. Or else I'll try to wrap up that 787B run at S11 again and try to get a time that's actually worth of a podium finish. :D

Or else I could just go and play www.liveforspeed.net ... now there's a nice (currently free testing, online too) game. Hope to meet some of you guys there sometime - it's the closest thing to GT3 I've come across in terms of car handling, except that it seems to be more realistic in terms of wheel lock & stuff. I tried it for the first time yesterday and when you meet some guys who are also quite good it's very addictive stuff.

The track is a lot like Autumn Ring and the graphics are quite nice (even on my humble GeForce2) though the most important issue here seems to be realism. You have to earn credits in these races to buy a faster car or part upgrades (turbo) and there are lots of settings you can adjust, but so far I've managed to gain over 100 credits (need 180 for a corvette like car, current car is a lot like a Honda Type R) without any upgrades and had some nice races with clean overtaking and stuff.

My current best lap is a 0'44.8 but in these races you want to concentrate on not hitting, not being hit, and not losing due time to bad cornering. :D

Interestingly enough, it's been developed by three independent programmer, I think two from the UK and one from the Netherlands. It's definitely a nice warm-up for GT4 ...

:cool:

Time sent not much to be proud of i just hope it's competitive enough ...

Good luck
See yoose next race :)

I have a question (n00b) under
Time Discussion: T1's and T2's
do T1 and T2 refer to the type of tires ur aloud to use?
and
The Car: Fully modded Honda NSX Type-R. 507HP to start. With oil change.
Does fully modded mean I can give it as much hp and upgrades as I want?

T1 and T2 are your sector times / splits. On Monaco, you see T1 just before you enter the turn after the downhill section, and then T2 just after the bend following straight following the slow turn after the tunnel.

And yes, fully modded means every upgrade you can slap on it, including the fastest tires, etc.

We have all been using T8 tyres

When modding the NSX you can only get around 490 hp
you have got to bed the engine in to 507hp
and then give it all you have got;)

Think I'll have one last shot at this now :mischievous: Venom our times are so close I gotta pull away :scared:

i took a pass on this weeks race, ive been playin GT3 so much lately im startin to burn myself out on it. I'll probably jump in w/ this next race again, i just needed to take a little break....good luck to everyone!

Ok I give in with this one :banghead: I just can't beat my time from wednesday . :(

Venom ...you beat me on your first week , not bad eh ? ;) and by only .018 :irked:

Submitting now

Hey kel this race was a very hard:banghead:

I dont think i would do this again if it is to come up :rolleyes:

Hopefully the next race will be a car and course we both like;)

I really tried to race this one. I really did.

But i was afraid it might cost me my last controller, so i took the wise decision of letting this one pass.

Originally posted by IDAFC21
i took a pass on this weeks race, ive been playin GT3 so much lately im startin to burn myself out on it. I'll probably jump in w/ this next race again, i just needed to take a little break....good luck to everyone!

I actually feel the exact same way... however, I still put in one session today that yeilded a few worthy laps, the highlight this session was a lap with t times of:

T1: 24.6
T2: 1.05.9

However, with the experience on the track I got during that session, I know that the t2 time can come down atleast .3 seconds.

I will be submitting my time late tonight in a last minute effort to break into that mid 1.05. t2 range.

Later tonight I will update my progress, but for now its off to eat dinner then back to racing.

I had a brief go at this again, but couldn't catch my ghost. My replay doesn't actually look like much, but I guess it's not bad. :) Should've been in bed long ago, will do that now A.S.A.P. There's lots of planning stuff going on around the iLink event the end of this month. Looks like one of the Brits might just make it. :cool:

too bad I was too late joining the league to participate in this weeks race. Very fun track and car. I tried it anyway. IMO stage 3 is too much power for the nsx. With stage 2 tuneup driving it was beautiful, the added power from stage 3 makes the car feel sloppy. It requires more skill of course, but I dont like driving what I consider sloppy cars in gt3. It feels unrealistic. IMO last week was a good example of sloppy too, sorry :(.

Not trying to **** on anyones head here. just my opinions. I will be in for next week for sure.

Back