Weekly Race Series, Week 24

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 153 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: Arcade mode Zonda Race Car.

The Track: Cote D' Azur. a.k.a Monaco

The Race: Hot lap, Arcade Mode, Free Run, get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. Do not even think about touching a wall.
2. Rumblestrips are part of the track.
3. No Hybrids
4. No cheating of any kind.
5. Save your replay.

Time Discussion: All "T" times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, August 4th. -7 hours GMT.

Any volunteers, let's go get some reminder PM's out. 👍

zonda @ monaco = :scared:

good choice tho, should be a good challenge, and maybe it'll bring some of the regulars out of the woodwork. BTW if you need help sending PM's i'll give you a hand. we really need some more participation here

I've never driven that car.
I hope it likes me. :D

I am also hoping more people will participate this week.

Anyway, back to the movie. :lol:

'tis a nice car the Zonda, if i get some time I'll have a run, thanks for the reminder guys 👍

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
'tis a nice car the Zonda, if i get some time I'll have a run, thanks for the reminder guys 👍

woo hoo! I got one! :D Hope to see a time from you this week 👍

I just did a few test laps w/ this to see what i'd be up against. Man, this thing takes a little getting used to, especially after driving the ae86 last week...haha. my dimensions are all screwed up, i keep bumpin into walls cuz this things so damn huge. After a few laps my first clean save consists of a 24.4/1'04.6. This thing REALLY takes some finesse to manuver thru the small tight turns. Its definently gonna take some work. And theres tons of spots to screw up on monaco. I think im just gonna pad my whole room now, cuz I dont wanna break my nice new controller when I end up throwin it against somthing, cuz I know its gonna happen...haha

I got a race reminder :D ........................... must be missing me :P

Anyway ... even though the Zonda is one of my favourite cars to drive ! ... Monaco hates me :(

I'll get a time in possibly , catchya later guys :cool:

pessimist.gif
- The Zonda Racer is incredibly unstable, and it's butt ugly.
optimist.gif
- This will be a great race! What a challenge...

Seriously though, I really dislike this car. Of course I had the same issue with last week's car, but I got over it (thanks to some tuning, but that raises the problem again). I'll see what I can do with this insanely shaky car...

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
I am also hoping more people will participate this week.

I'll be there. now that the GTL is over, it's time for a hopefully triumphant return the the GTPW pro class 👍

Originally posted by Mr P
I got a race reminder :D ........................... must be missing me :P

Anyway ... even though the Zonda is one of my favourite cars to drive ! ... Monaco hates me :(

I'll get a time in possibly , catchya later guys :cool:

WHOA !!! She's a "HANDFULL" eh??? :eek: :scared: :eek:
:D Best of first 5 Laps & only the second "clean" one: 24.0 / 1.05.3
Looking forward to running on a track that's NOT an "Armaco Tunnel" (Hint-Hint @ "boom") Also Vote to move IDAFC21 up to Pro. Gettin' tired of trailin' him every week in Amateur & he's earned a Promotion, JMO...UB57
:D

EDIT: 15 more Laps has yielded 23.6 / 1'04.0, Clean, but NOT Smooth, (left a Ton of time @ Hairpin!!!)

alright guys...

sorry about my absence last week...

I was on track to be in the middle of the pack, but after work, darts, billards and beers were calling my name (along with my pals and a few ladies :D ) and gt racing went out the window.

This week Im gonna be on it from the start, so hopfully this fallen, beaten and broken pro will get in some sort of time. (respectable or not)

Back after some runnings...

Sounds like a challenge, I love Monaco! Although I've never used the Zonda Race Car, I never found a use for it :rolleyes:

Maybe this time I'll remember to PM my time.

Done some laps but none clean, got two times in the 1'13 at t3, havent really been looking at t1 times at all.

I havent really played monaco much, but is it faster to handbrake a bit around the hairpin?

Back already...

Well... with about 10 under the belt I have already gotten t times worthy of mention. (at the moment, as I know these will go down.)

23.7 (best for me yet)
1.04.2 (on a 23.9 t1)

Back with updates as they come.

btw, damn this car is a mean sucker. Its got handling charactoristics unlike almost any other in the game.

================================
edit: update:

Both of those will go down again.
again...

1.02.945 is the newest... I'll be back with more later.

Originally posted by GoKents
btw, damn this car is a mean sucker. Its got handling charactoristics unlike almost any other in the game.

Agreed, I can't get a T2 of less than 1'06.xxx with it; it's rather frustrating...

Nice sectors Mr P :)

My best sector 2 is a 1.04.0
got a lot of catching up to do.

By the way i'm registered as Harry snotter.
So boom could you change my name to hugh jeers please?

Back