Weekly Race Series, Week 27

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 192 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
A half year of the weekly! 👍

The Car: Tommy Kairia ZZII. Fully modded with stage 1 turbo and your choice of tires.

The Track: Seattle Circut II, (Reverse)

The Race: Hot lap, Arcade Mode, Free Run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. No wall touching/riding.
2. Rumble Strips are considered part of the track.
3. The black and yellow sections are part of the track.
4. The sidewalks are considered part of the track.
5. No hybrids.
6. No cheating of any kind.

Time Discussion: All "T" times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, Mountain Standard Time, -7GMT, 25th of August.

I think i'll like this one too! sounds fun Love Seattle, but i havent really driven the ZZII that much

I am all over this like Oprah on a baked ham. Love seattle and love the ZZII. Now which ZZII should I use? The yellow one? The red one? The silver one? Hmm...

I'll be racing this week :) ive been waiting for the ZZII :) but not for seattle 2 :lol:

Anyway afer a few laps i got my T1 down to a 15.600 and i forgot to write the others down :embarrassed: be back later with more updates

Excellent, Im gonna get started on this Thursday.

ZZII = :drool:
Seattle II = 👍

This is gonna be fun. How is the car going on the railroad track zer0h?

Originally posted by zer0h
People keep saying rail road :) what are ya refering to? :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Umm before the 90 degree curve which leads onto the backstraight there are some tracks or sumtin that unstabilize the car when passing over em. This is right after T1 if I remember well where T1 is on Seattle II.

Ahh ok.. Well i must not be taking the right line or something because i can't remember passing over them :)

well you have to pass over the railroads, they go across the track.

with about 15 minutes of playin,
16.574,52.006, and lots of extra time all over the track

well later

EDIT

ive been able to get a 15.8, but havent been able to get a clean save with it, this one is going to be harder than i thought:odd:

Ahh... Now i know what you mean :) Well i didnt really notice em when driving over them, didnt get me unstable.

The tracks are just before the big-long straight-away if memory serves.....

=====EDIT==========

Sorry, pretty slow on the draw today :P

Originally posted by zer0h
Ahh... Now i know what you mean :) Well i didnt really notice em when driving over them, didnt get me unstable.
Oh ok cool, just wanted to know cuz I dont have time to try it out til tomorrow night or thursday.

SETTINGS PLEASE :D

Thats what I would really like to see from RER and any others that would like to give me a different perspective.

My settings still feel sluggish in the initial turn in, as well as the braking understeer.

What do you guys think, just post it up if you can.

Thanks

New best save

T1 / 15.8**
T2 / 49.8**

Will be able to take another few tenths off that time and a lot more off the last sector i got the 3 turns all wrong but still a decent time.

Hey People! Remember me

I didn't have time for the last couple races but i'll be sure to submit for this one for sure ;)

later with some T"s

This should be a fun race....dont expect to do too well this week tho, as Im on vacation currently and dont know if i'll find much time to work on this. So hopefully i can get some quality runs in and just hope for the best!

Like the car, despise the track. Already have more clean laps than all of last week though. Best T2 50.5

I think i will be in on this race aswell :D
I'm hoping i can stay in the pro's with this one;)
Top car not to sure of the course no my best
Post some t's later

laters

Going to put alot more time in this week's race :)

O.k with little bit of touching up on the settings
T1\0.15.977
T2\0.51.567
Can anybody give me some sort of solution to give the car a bit more turn coming out of the corners as it keeps pulling towards
the walls so annoying:mad:

New best lap

T1 / 15.714
T2 / 49.685

this time i finsihed it with a decent last sector :)

I lost some time on the right hander after the long straight and on the double left hander just before the start/finish line. So ill probably knock this time down another few tenths :)

I got my settings of a replay and changed them a bit :embarrassed: im no good at tunning cars :embarrassed: :embarrassed: the name wasnt on the xps file so i can't thank whoevers settings they are.

Spring Rate: 6.0/9.0
Ride Height: 55/55
Damper Bound: 10/10
Damper Rebound: 10/10
Camber: 1.9/1
Toe: 0/0
Stabiliser: 4/4

Brakes: 18/15

LSD Initial 5/5
LSD Acceleration 10/15
LSD Decrease 5/5

Gears
1st 2.845
2nd 2.068
3rd 1.614
4th 1.348
5th 1.163
6th 1.011
Final 3.300

Auto Level 21

Down Force 1.00/1.10
ASM 0
TCS 1
VCD 10%

I think the gears should be changed, i never reach gear 6 and maybe down force should be changed for this track?

19.093/50.860
yuck.gif
submitted.

Alright. Just spun a few laps here.

Don't know my T times right off the top of my head, but I think I got a decent setup working right now.

4.0/12.0
60/80
4/8
4/8
2.4/1.5
0.0/-0.5
1/4
23/19
5/5
10/10
5/5

1.00/1.20
TCS: 1
ASM: 0
VCD: 10%

Alright, i had a good session last night for my first run:

Best Clean save: 15.674 / 49.420

Best dirty save: 15.508 / 49.275

Should be able to get close to the 48's at T2 by Monday..:mischievous:

Anyone having trouble with the setup here's my magic potion:dopey:

4.0/7.5
65/70
10/10/10/10
2.5/1.5
-1.5/0.0
6/7

24/24

Front LSD: 5/5/5
Rear LSD: 5/15?5

Gears plain old Auto 28

1.00/1.25
VCD 10%
ASM 0
TCS 0

I doubt if I'm going to change anything as this is the best all around setup I've had for awhile now.:embarrassed: :D
Hope this can help someone get started, after last week's tuning mess I'm glad we got a real ripper of a ride this week.:cool:

After my first 8 laps:

15.3xx
49.2xx

I used the settings that were allready on the car ( from the GTL Deep Forest race ), but i need to find a better one.

Back