Weekly Race Series, Week 28 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 38 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Hey everyone! Great turnout again this week and extremely competitive to boot!

A frickin amazing time put up by T13R! Great race man, let's see that replay! Check it out, .6 seconds seperate the next 5 racers! Great race! 👍

benh82, comin out of nowhere! Do you have a replay that you can post bEn? Did you get my PM?
noorja with a great time! Way to go man, you have come a long way. 👍

Zboost, takes the top Beginner spot! Great work from Oversteer and Jpec07 who round out the division. :cool:

PRO:

1.17.348 HunterKiller
1.17.364 GoKents
1.17.552 eggmann
1.17.937 NSZero
1.17.998 IDAFC21
1.18.241 CFM
1.18.500 GT3mich
1.18.511 VG30DETT

AMATEUR

1.16.809 T13R
1.16.829 benh82
1.17.856 noojra
1.18.579 BlazingDragon
1.18.720 UB57
1.19.004 Tofu4G63
1.19.052 cinjun8
1.19.631 RUI
1.19.950 suprajef
1.20.919 PunkRock

BEGINNER

1.17.483 Zboost
1.18.592 Oversteer
1.20.791 Jpec07

Please post up those replays! I'm sure that there are quite a few folks out there that would love to view them. ;)

Nice times by all.Looks like I really need to spend more time on this,Ive been slacking off.
Later,
cinjun8

Nice laps T13R and benh82!
Here's my replay if anyone's interested:

Attachments

• eggmannweek28.sps
    44.2 KB · Views: 17
Time to do it.

If you scored as fast or faster than me, you better prove it.

We did the idle chit chat about that earlier, and we all established that it was nothing personal.

Now its time to back up these times. :D

good luck, although at this point no one should need it.

And hot damn... 1.16.8 from the amatuer... now thats a performance.

Anyway fellas, like I said above... time to come out with it all... now get to it.

Attachments

• skyline 1.17.364.sps
    44 KB · Views: 18
hmm, mid-pack finish...cant really ask for more than that w/ a half hours work before the deadline...haha. I really wish I had time to work on this one this week...i was just starting to break into the 59's before the results were posted up. Oh well....i hope i have more time this week to work on the next race, heres my replay

Gokents, eggman, nice replays 👍 you definently took a little more controlled approach w/ the car, whereas i just flung it around the track and hoped i didnt slide into to somthing. haha...that probably accounted for my lower times, but overall it was just the lack of time put into the race this week. Only put in about 130 miles or so, whereas on a good week i usually put in at least 400 or better. Great racing tho. I cant wait to see T1's replay tho, good lord :eek:

Attachments

• idafc21 - rtune.sps
    44.3 KB · Views: 11
Here's my midpack run. Looks like I should have drifted more. :rolleyes:

Congrats to the top finishers this week!

Attachments

• nszero wk 28.sps
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
Well, here's my replay if anyone's interested...

I "bottled" the last corner (afraid of messing up my clean lap), so it could have been better...
... though I'm still quite happy with third in class...
Those Pro times (and the top 2 in Amateur! :() are just amazing :cool:

http://homepage.mac.com/marshy/cars/FileSharing7.html

You'll need a current version of Quicktime (http://www.apple.com/quicktime) and the free "3iv" codec (http://www.3ivx.com) - it's an MPEG-4 derivative.

Sorry about the requirements, but I don't have an Xport, and the MPEG-1 file was just too damn big...

UPDATE:
I just downloaded and viewed the video on my work PC and realised that it's full of artifacts in places and jumps a couple of times - I'll recapture and re-encode it tonight...

I have a couple of somewhat OT questions related to this, and was hoping soem one could PM me with the answers (rather than spoil this thread):-

1: From the video, you can see that the output of my PS2 is VERY dark. I compensate for this when playing by increasing the brightness settings on my TV (to almost MAX), but I was wondering if all PS2's are like this or is mine the exception? Is there any way of changing it?

2: I use a Mac (OS X), and was wondering if there was any software for Xport / SharkPort type devices?

Thanks - please PM me if you can help :)

Ok, here is finally my replay. Just got back from this morning's class, so sorry to keep some of you waiting. Nice lap time from benh82 also!! Good job to everyone and good racing :) And without further ado:

Edit: Id like to thank Boom for the initial settings. Those worked for me right away. 👍
Edit 2: This is the same as a .sps file ( its NTSC... not PAL )

Attachments

• t13r tm r-tune 1.16.809.xps
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
Just having it up there is a good sign to me... I play with .sps, so I cant watch your replay.

Others here can, but its ok... plus maybe behn82 will have the .sps lap I wanna race against.

Eitherway, I noticed that all of the "yet to wiegh in" people were on the board right at the moment.

I wonder what hunterkiller has to say about the new line of inquiries...?

Or the "out of the blue time" of benh82.

Well fellas... it looks like t13r has moved on from this race and with a replay, theres nothing left besides waiting for the other 2 podium finishers to wiegh in.
========================================

Ok, hunterkiller was in the forum when I started my post...

Whats the deal bro?

You just left without doing anything.

Maybe next time? cool, till then... (because I am gonna be interested in this for some time to come...)

Originally posted by GoKents
Just having it up there is a good sign to me... I play with .sps, so I cant watch your replay.

Others here can, but its ok... plus maybe behn82 will have the .sps lap I wanna race against.

Eitherway, I noticed that all of the "yet to wiegh in" people were on the board right at the moment.

I wonder what hunterkiller has to say about the new line of inquiries...?

Or the "out of the blue time" of benh82.

Well fellas... it looks like t13r has moved on from this race and with a replay, theres nothing left besides waiting for the other 2 podium finishers to wiegh in.
GoKents, you can view it. I have an NTSC PS2, im in Canada. Just change the file extension to .sps, or simply upload it to your mem card as is. It will work no problem. I have no problems viewing .sps replays so Im pretty sure its the same thing.

Ive been looking at previous results from Benh82 and this 1'16.829 looks to me like it could be a typo. If it isnt, then once again great time there, because 1'16.8 is extremely tough to get.. I just wish I could have had a better first sector. I counted 3 mistakes in the first part of my lap :irked:

A typo is all I could imagine.

1.16.8 from an amatuer could happen. (not gonna say its impossible)

but I just dont see it happening.

But he could always try to explain this... if he leaves it there without explaination, it could be gone by the end of the week, or people might end up ignoring it anyway.

Im also interested to see hunterkiller wiegh in.

I worked hard this week and would love to feel that a legitimate racer beat me.

Not just a lap time that is lacking proof.

I guess Im a little sore about not being the hands down fastest. So I am sorry.

Thats still not gonna change my desire to see proof though.

And for jpec07, if your interested...

4/20
77/77
10/9
10/9
2.9/2.4
-2/-2
4/4

13/13

5/60
5/60
5/5

tranny ??? (*sorry)

minimum rear down force.

tcs 1
asm 0

Hope thats what you were looking for.

Hey GoKent, did u try to see if the replay works for you? I think I should just upload my replays as .sps from now on. Will avoid alot of confusion.

Thanks, and no I didnt.

Actually, I just sat and created a data base of all the winning times for any single car hot lap races throughout the history of the weekly.

Sorta a time trial data base from the gtp. (only its our own tt's.)

Originally posted by GoKents
Thanks, and no I didnt.

Actually, I just sat and created a data base of all the winning times for any single car hot lap races throughout the history of the weekly.

Sorta a time trial data base from the gtp. (only its our own tt's.)
You sure got plenty of time on your hands! Ive got 2 hours before heading to my next class. Now that the classes started again, I'm going to have less time for the weekly races. I'll still try to put up some times but I think I might not stay in PRO very long.

How did I end up in PRO so quickly BOOM :confused: Ive only done 2 real races besides my huge **** up on week 25 where I ran the RGT on the normal DF :banghead:

It actually didnt take long at all, and if you have ms works, along with a desire to see where you stack up against the rest of us as we were growing (as racers)... then just check it out.

Im gonna create a sticky in the archived area of the weekly races.

I cant create a new thread in the archives, so Im gonna post it as an attachment in the stats thread on this page.

I will explain it in the post.

Originally posted by T13R

How did I end up in PRO so quickly BOOM :confused: Ive only done 2 real races besides my huge **** up on week 25 where I ran the RGT on the normal DF :banghead:

:embarrassed: oops, my mistake. Sorry bout that T13R

What happened? I am the victor?? wow. too bad i don't BS myself and realize i'm only 3rd (or second depending on this typo issue) great race to everybody. i will be happy to submit an data needed while i attempt to get one of those shark things.

Originally posted by HunterKiller
What happened? I am the victor?? wow. too bad i don't BS myself and realize i'm only 3rd (or second depending on this typo issue) great race to everybody. i will be happy to submit an data needed while i attempt to get one of those shark things.
Nah.. your not the victor because I am :P Only Im still an "amateur".

Originally posted by HunterKiller
i will be happy to submit an data needed while i attempt to get one of those shark things.

Might hafta get one of those X things instead ;)

This is funny. At first no one seems to believe that i could achieve a 59.1 in T3 so they wanted proof of it by form of replay. So i gladly post my replay and 1!!! person downloaded it.

Please dont be busting balls next time.:mad:

Its not just watching it, it's knowing a replay is provided. (prooving the time)

Originally posted by T13R
This is funny. At first no one seems to believe that i could achieve a 59.1 in T3 so they wanted proof of it by form of replay. So i gladly post my replay and 1!!! person downloaded it.

Please dont be busting balls next time.:mad:

i think the problem is that when we get to the post, we are distracted by the avatar :D

Back