Weekly Race Series. Week 8 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 30 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Hello there everyone. Sorry that I havent been around much, but work is still kickin my arse. 2 more weeks of ski season. YEAH! I'm so flippin glad it's over soon.

Anyway,

Congrats are in order for Wastegate, who takes the #1 spot in the PRO division. Nice run there mate. :)
And a smokin run by IDAFC21 who heads up the Amateur division. Well done. :)

I must stress again, that you all please double check your times before you send them to me. There were a few of you that sent in times that were just really wrong. :embarrassed:

PRO:

1’46.613 Wastegate
1’46.744 Mr. P
1’47.981 lotus350

Amateur:

1’46.712 IDAFC21
1’47.299 Majiik
1’47.205 UB57
1’47.550 pedrodaman
1’49.773 CarbonFiber Man
1’51.335 gilltWill3
1’55.308 miata13B

Beginner:

1’51.078 bondy_1625

very bad turn out this week i thought there would be more runners..

Damn fine racing everyone that was close 👍
I think i done not to bad considering i was catching up the whole time..:)

I knew it would be a 3 way scrap between lotus ,UB57 and myself :D nicely done UB you got me on the finnish straight 👍..

GRR, Damn you Wastegate!!!! I was really tryin for a 1'46.6 today but i just couldnt do it. If i had more time tonight im sure i couldve done it but i was out all night getting my computer fixed, or rather upgraded since i wasnt able to fix it, but it was all free so its all good. Anyways, great run man, i dont mind second. haha

i'll post my replay up tomorrow

Phew, that was a close run race. Well done IDAFC and Mr.P.

I had a really special lap spoilt by a couple of poor turns in sector 3, but the other three sectors were quick enough to carry it. Early on I thought tht anything in the 1'48s would be right up there, and in the end lots of people got im the 1'47s 👍

T1: 32.231
T2: 58.995 !
T3: 1'20.671
Total: 1'46.613

Sadly I don't have an X-Port so can't post a replay save, but if anyone is interested I can e-mail an AVI file of my lap, just PM me your e-mail address. But be warned, it's 4Mb long.

I posted my T3 time by mistake. Damn.
ohh well next time. Only 1 time for the beginners, have they all given up.?? whats up wid dat??
:odd: :rolleyes:

i had the same problem Rob just as i posted in this thread ..the New post's screen froze on me ..Was unable to get back on for about an hour..

Did you get my Yahoo message ? i probably sent a message to a complete stranger ..:)

:blush: oops oh well it was a shot in the dark anyways :lol:

The message i sent was just asking you if you had the same problems with the server or something along those lines

Originally posted by stevo357
I posted my T3 time by mistake. Damn.
ohh well next time. Only 1 time for the beginners, have they all given up.?? whats up wid dat??
:odd: :rolleyes:

Hey stevo,

I just registered 4 new racers in the beginner class and one in the amateur class. Hopefully you can see some better turnout.

I hope so cause i really suck but if only 2 people turn out I will be in sec place forever. I like the friendly comp with lots of people
:D :D :lol:

Nice times everyone 👍 close racin too!

I was stuck on a 1'49.2 until yesterday and all I wanted was a 48 ... so when I got the 47 I was pretty satisfied with that , Tahiti maze is not an easy track .
Will post my replay in a bit :)

I was stuck on 1'48 .3 hence why i said "all i want is 3 tenths and im happy" but i got the result i posted :)

I honestly thought i would not get into the 1'48's i was nibbling away at my time a few tenths at a time..but a 1'47 me is a very happy chappie :P ;)

Originally posted by pedrodaman
:D nicely done UB you got me on the finnish straight 👍..

Thanx pedrodaman:
:D It was my final attempt 'cause it was a "Miracle Lap" for sure. Very close to my best times thru T2, then picked up .6xx seconds to the finish!!! most of it on the Tarmac. Oh yeh, w/50% VCD too. THANX to all the "Set-up" providers, never DREAMT I'd be running CONSISTENT 59.6 T2 times when we started. Too bad we didn't do a 5 Lapper eh???...UB57
:D

:eek: a five lapper that would have been a nightmare :lol:

I wish i spent more time on this race ..But thats the way it goes ..
see you at apricot hill ;)

I gave up after IDAFC started posting those crazy split times early on....Ii didn't feel like spending 100 hours on the PS2 just to keep up. Hence my crappy time.:D

Those 46's and 47's are damn fine times everyone!;)

since I am not registered for your weekly series I just butted in and ran this one for fun.
My time: 1:46.659 (32.354/59.371/1:20.756)

My replay will be posted later today.

Thanks for letting me run with all of you here :D
If and when you have another rally.......... I'll be back ;)

Nice race guys :cool:

hope to see more rally on the card for future meets ;)
here's my replay ...

laters :)

wow, you got a 58.9 wastegate? thats just awesome. i knew SOMEONE would do it before this race was over, the best i managed on a wasted lap was 59.1, so i knew a 58 would be possible out of a pro 👍

Ah, excellent. I think i still have Kelly's replay of her Midfield lap in the GT40.

So i can use the settings she used to drive that very impressive lap.

( And Ron's aswell;) )

Originally posted by made in holland
Ah, excellent. I think i still have Kelly's replay of her Midfield lap in the GT40.

( And Ron's aswell;) )

Wrong thread dude :embarrassed: :P But i know what you mean..see you on the track ;)

Originally posted by made in holland

( And Ron's aswell;) )

That's my set up :irked: get yer ands off it Mr olland !

ojk :D feel free ! ..... needs a tweak for apricot though ;)

heres my replay, 1'46.712

i'll have to take a look at your replay jimeez...see how different it is from mine

Attachments

• idafc21 delta.sps
    46.4 KB · Views: 10
Originally posted by jimeez
My replay (1:46.659) NTSC

HI jimeez:
:D Thanx for the Replay (& a lot of your set-up I ended up with) 👍 Now know there was nothing wrong w/my line, was just .546 short on Execution!!!...UB57
:D

Back