Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like a lot of fun, do you guys care if I join in the events? Im not that fast but enjoy challenges. I read the rules on OP.

Thanks.

Absolutely :gtpflag:

Add me on Xbox (IamVALHALLA) so I can keep up with the leaderboards.

I was hoping to put some time into this today, but my back is hurting like a !"#@""!!, So not sure it will like wrestling the wheel for a full lap....

Will it count as doping if i use painkillers? :dopey::dopey:

Hopefully it'll slow you down a bit :irked:

Aaah. I tried some laps yesterday, but I was in the wrong division. I selected "Sport Compact" instead of Sport Compact Icons. I wondered for 10 whole minutes what cars you guys are talking about.
Hahahaha definitely too much beer yesterday :banghead::D:banghead::D:banghead::D:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I tried that MX-5 tune. It does drive very well and surprising that it gets the laps times given that it is a weak on the straights. I ran it two laps and managed a 1:12 with it on the second lap. Would be faster with a few more laps, brakes were hurting my lap times a bit. I assume the brake pressure must be pretty high on it as the car slowed much more quickly with little braking than I expected causing me to drop to much speed in places where I tapped the brake.

@UnshavenYapper you know I’m joking mate :D

@HBR-Roadhog - it really is a good tune, but you’re right about it being weak on the straights. Only ever get into 5th Gear once, just after the Bilstein Bridge on the back straight, and only for about 5 seconds :lol:
If I could find a car that handles as well but is even a little bit faster I’d be sorted.

@RPM Bibblefish - could you maybe change the gear ratios a little and share it again?

@HBR-Roadhog - it really is a good tune, but you’re right about it being weak on the straights. Only ever get into 5th Gear once, just after the Bilstein Bridge on the back straight, and only for about 5 seconds :lol:
If I could find a car that handles as well but is even a little bit faster I’d be sorted.

@RPM Bibblefish - could you maybe change the gear ratios a little and share it again?

The gearing seems fine as is, It is not an issue of not being able to get into 5th gear, it is just that the car does not have much top speed, on that straight I ran it once in fourth and then in 5th and hit about the same top speed. Only way to make the car faster is more power and/or less down force and of course that also means less handling.

The gearing seems fine as is, It is not an issue of not being able to get into 5th gear, it is just that the car does not have much top speed, on that straight I ran it once in fourth and then in 5th and hit about the same top speed. Only way to make the car faster is more power and/or less down force and of course that also means less handling.

Yeah I guess so, I just don't like the uncertainty "should I change gear or not?" :lol:
I'd like the car to actually max out just at the end of that straight. But then I suppose that would mean more gear changes throughout the track which is more work and (I'm guessing) more time?

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaargh! Every time I have a good lap I invalidate it. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
If it were real, I'd say the bill would be qquite high...

I tried that MX-5 tune. It does drive very well and surprising that it gets the laps times given that it is a weak on the straights. I ran it two laps and managed a 1:12 with it on the second lap. Would be faster with a few more laps, brakes were hurting my lap times a bit. I assume the brake pressure must be pretty high on it as the car slowed much more quickly with little braking than I expected causing me to drop to much speed in places where I tapped the brake.

Yeah, brake pressure is 150%

I can post the build and tune on here if you like? That way you can fiddle about with it as much as you want

edit - I'll have to check but i believe it just uses the stock transmission anyway

Just a heads up guys, dont waste your time on the Subaru's....... Maybe the Brat (WTF is that thing doing in this division anyways??) can do okay with enough tuning, but the two other ones are plain rubbish!

The SVX isnt that heavy, it just feels like it, and then its underpowered, tryed engineswapping it but all the engines makes to much hp and theres no restrictor plates.

Yes! I just did a 08:04:607 with the Honda Prelude. Very easy to drive, I took the tuning from raceboy77. I'm quite close to @-Fred- which makes me very happy. Did a quick video, I am always happy to share my driving line, and get advice for improvement. If you want to see me sweating on the wheel, watch the last 3 corners before start/finish at the end of the video...:boggled::D:boggled:

I can post the build and tune on here if you like? That way you can fiddle about with it as much as you want

If you don't mind? I'd love to at least see how it's set up, it might even help me learn beyond this car/track.

If you don't mind? I'd love to at least see how it's set up, it might even help me learn beyond this car/track.

Here you go, this is basically a full grip build/tune

Build (if it's not listed it's stock)

Centrifugal Supercharger (Upgraded to race)
Race pistons
Sport Valves
Sport fuel system
Street intake
Forza Aero front and rear
Street bumper and side skirts (any of them is fine, you could also ditch them completely to be honest)
Street Bonnet
Street tyres
215 front, 255 rear
Speedline F1 rims
Street transmission
Street driveline
Race diff
Race brakes
Race springs
Race roll bars
Race weight reduction

Tune

Tyres 29/29
Camber -2.1/-2.0
Toe -0.2
Caster 5.7
Anti-roll bars 18.16/19.60
Springs 343.4/379.5
Ride height 4.9/4.9
Rebound 8.0/8.3
Bump 1.0/1.0
Downforce 90/200
Brake balance 52% front
Pressure 150%
Diff 40/30 ( i normally have the accel higher and the decel lower than this but the car was really unstable in the corners so had to bring them closer together)

Last edited:
Couldn't make Week 3 as a. forgot and b. was trying to level up to much in leagues lol. Although i am looking fwd to this round.

I have no clue what im doing wrong,but dirty laps before i even start :(
Racing solo in single player

@RPM Bibblefish - I tried to rebuild that Miata but for some reason can't upgrade the supercharger once I've added it (I've definitely installed the supercharger you listed). There seems to be no option to upgrade it to race unless I'm missing something :confused:

Also - I couldn't get the springs to the exact values you've listed either, so just went as close as I could. And since I couldn't upgrade the supercharger, I had a lot more points left to spend so added the sport transmission plus a lot of other engine upgrades. The car still felt almost identical to your build/tune although I managed to get under 8:15 on my first lap - however, the car has a lower top speed despite me making it able to get into 5th gear more often. I guess because I'm missing the race supercharger.

@RPM Bibblefish - I tried to rebuild that Miata but for some reason can't upgrade the supercharger once I've added it (I've definitely installed the supercharger you listed). There seems to be no option to upgrade it to race unless I'm missing something :confused:

Also - I couldn't get the springs to the exact values you've listed either, so just went as close as I could. And since I couldn't upgrade the supercharger, I had a lot more points left to spend so added the sport transmission plus a lot of other engine upgrades. The car still felt almost identical to your build/tune although I managed to get under 8:15 on my first lap - however, the car has a lower top speed despite me making it able to get into 5th gear more often. I guess because I'm missing the race supercharger.

Are you removing the tune you downloaded then trying to rebuild the same car from scratch? If so, that will be the problem. You'd need to buy a new car and build that one from scratch.
There's a bug (been around for the last 3 or 4 games) which means if you download a tune which uses the centrifugal supercharger then remove it and try and re add it, the game doesn't let you

On another note, you might want to try the 90 mx-5. Just built one for the ring and got a 7:54:888 after 3 laps. Lap number 2 i did a 7:52 but it was dirty (messed up the carousel)

bf3
I have no clue what im doing wrong,but dirty laps before i even start :(
Racing solo in single player

If you dirty the lap in the last sector it dirties your next lap.

Are you removing the tune you downloaded then trying to rebuild the same car from scratch? If so, that will be the problem. You'd need to buy a new car and build that one from scratch.
There's a bug (been around for the last 3 or 4 games) which means if you download a tune which uses the centrifugal supercharger then remove it and try and re add it, the game doesn't let you

On another note, you might want to try the 90 mx-5. Just built one for the ring and got a 7:54:888 after 3 laps. Lap number 2 i did a 7:52 but it was dirty (messed up the carousel)

That's exactly what I did and that would explain everything lol. I was baffled :D
And I think I will - the '94 Miata was a joy to drive, I'll give the '90 a blast shortly. Thanks again.

7:54? Thats very fast. Did you share the tune in FM7 or is it the same you posted here? thanks for sharing btw.

7:54? Thats very fast. Did you share the tune in FM7 or is it the same you posted here? thanks for sharing btw.

@RPM Bibblefish can certainly tune a car but he's also disgustingly fast. If say it's a mixture of both that gets equals such a quick time.

I'm not sure if I'll get time to post a lap. It's one of my favourite divisions but being time poor mixed with such a long lap when I shank it, it's not looking good. Would be a damn fun week though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back