Weight or Power?

• Thread starter BB-ANDY-
  • 4 comments
England
Nottingham
GTP_HKS / BB-ANDY-
Ive been tuning my S2000 lately and I really cant get my head around what to use, less weight - less power or more weight - more power.

:sly:

Well, that very much depends on what you do with it. I'd say have a go with both setups and then decide which suits you best.

Ive been tuning my S2000 lately and I really cant get my head around what to use, less weight - less power or more weight - more power.

:sly:

you should check out the posts at "The Lions Den". He has a really nice PP750 S2000. I took it for a drive and only had to make minor adjustments for my driving style.

If it was my car i would always take weight off first with that car. It has a lot of HP for even the stickiest tires. when i was tuning mine for PP700 on the old online races, I dropped the HP to meet the track requirements and i was still spinning the tires a little bit. I think that when the car has enough pull at the tires you should go for the corners and acceleration by dropping the weight.

I really would check out that other post though... i was taking a lot of cars on the corners and the straights.

👍

you should check out the posts at "The Lions Den". He has a really nice PP750 S2000. I took it for a drive and only had to make minor adjustments for my driving style.

If it was my car i would always take weight off first with that car. It has a lot of HP for even the stickiest tires. when i was tuning mine for PP700 on the old online races, I dropped the HP to meet the track requirements and i was still spinning the tires a little bit. I think that when the car has enough pull at the tires you should go for the corners and acceleration by dropping the weight.

I really would check out that other post though... I was taking a lot of cars on the corners and the straights.

👍

ty, at the moment im using this setup - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105855
(meant for 700pp but i edited it)

Its amazing :D, i put the aerodynamics to 20/35 and reduced weight fully but I had to compensate with the power. I think this works best for me, I was just tweaking to see if I could get anymore out of it 👍.

And the lions den setup I dont like it :indiff: I find it understeers too much, wheras the setup I am using now doesnt understeer at all. Not saying its a bad setup lol, I just cant handle it around the high speed corners. Gears are top notch though 👍.

ty, at the moment im using this setup - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105855
(meant for 700pp but i edited it)

Its amazing :D, i put the aerodynamics to 20/35 and reduced weight fully but I had to compensate with the power. I think this works best for me, I was just tweaking to see if I could get anymore out of it 👍.

And the lions den setup I dont like it :indiff: I find it understeers too much, wheras the setup I am using now doesnt understeer at all. Not saying its a bad setup lol, I just cant handle it around the high speed corners. Gears are top notch though 👍.

funny, I just left the same feedback about the long high speed turns at Suzuka. I will check out that tune and let you know if I find a happy medium. I have to say though i have never been let down by a TLD tune. i drive with a Dual-Shock so I usually have to make slight adjustments for my style of driving. Thanks for the advice i will run them both and check out the differences.

Back