Weight Transfer Drifting

• Thread starter corviwulf
  • 5 comments
United States
PA
corviwulf
I need some help with learning how to weight transfer to start a drift...i know how...but it seems none of the cars i have work good for this method...what cars show strong weight transfer?

I need some help with learning how to weight transfer to start a drift...i know how...but it seems none of the cars i have work good for this method...what cars show strong weight transfer?

Use something with very little power, high rear weight and low rear grip. Set your car up with a raised rear end, low dampeners on the rear, high rear ballast, and very little power. Its all about using rebound force (which increases as weight does) to exceed g limits of the rear tires (which drop as the spring rates do). High dampeners slow the whole shock down, so it can be harderbto do, low dampeners allow for higher instant rebound, thus making it easier to pull off.

Other alternatives are toe-in on the rear, so the tire with more weight/grip points away from where you're going (allowing you to break traction easier) or extremely high rear camber (slight camber actually makes it harder, but extreme camber will reduce grip).

Looking for specific car models....but since you said weight in the Rear, assuming a MR or RR would be best for learning to weight transfer? tired of having to rely on the Ebrake

Try the DeLorean

256xowp.jpg

23veq6q.jpg

Back