Weird black lines on cars and tracks GT1?

• Thread starter dopeybeans
  • 6 comments
Hey, I recently picked up 2 copies of GT1 with a load of other PS1 games, so anyway, when I put in the non platinum version of the GT1, there are these weird black lines on the cars and tracks, but when I put in the platinum version of the GT1, the lines are not there at all. I'm assuming it might be because its an early PAL version that It might have some bug in my copy or it might be the PS3 emulation, I have noticed this bug on some copies played on the PS1 aswell. Im wondering would you guys know if its anything else. Thanks

Note: 2 copies played on a PS3

Hey, I recently picked up 2 copies of GT1 with a load of other PS1 games, so anyway, when I put in the non platinum version of the GT1, there are these weird black lines on the cars and tracks, but when I put in the platinum version of the GT1, the lines are not there at all. I'm assuming it might be because its an early PAL version that It might have some bug in my copy or it might be the PS3 emulation, I have noticed this bug on some copies played on the PS1 aswell. Im wondering would you guys know if its anything else. Thanks

Note: 2 copies played on a PS3

I dont play ps1 or 2 games on the ps3 for reasons like that. I just play them on the appropriate system and I have never had an issue. plus its saves the life of your expensive ps3. You should try picking a ps1...they are only like US$20-30

I dont play ps1 or 2 games on the ps3 for reasons like that. I just play them on the appropriate system and I have never had an issue. plus its saves the life of your expensive ps3. You should try picking a ps1...they are only like US$20-30

Yeah, I am bit of a purest when it comes to original hardware, but my PS1 is tucked away in my attic somewhere. I'm hoping to pick another one up soon to have a back-up PS1. I suppose using the PS3 is better then using an emulator(I think the PS3 has the PS1 chip set in it).This is my second PS3, so I don't want to wear this one out too quickly.

Yeah, I am bit of a purest when it comes to original hardware, but my PS1 is tucked away in my attic somewhere. I'm hoping to pick another one up soon to have a back-up PS1. I suppose using the PS3 is better then using an emulator(I think the PS3 has the PS1 chip set in it).This is my second PS3, so I don't want to wear this one out too quickly.
I have yet to use my PS3 for a PS1 game, but I did use it for GT4, along with a couple other PS2 games, while I was working on my PS2. Performance was lacking pretty bad. On GT4, I had a lot of issues with the picture bouncing and some weird digital flaws (dont know what to call it) in the corners of the screen. You should find that PS1 you have though...a backup on those are really pointless. They are incredibly reliable. Only problem Ive had, in like 15yrs or however long its been, has been one laser assembly replacement which cost like US$8. The motor burned out and the disk holder broke at about the same time...so I just replaced the entire assembly.

I have yet to use my PS3 for a PS1 game, but I did use it for GT4, along with a couple other PS2 games, while I was working on my PS2. Performance was lacking pretty bad. On GT4, I had a lot of issues with the picture bouncing and some weird digital flaws (dont know what to call it) in the corners of the screen. You should find that PS1 you have though...a backup on those are really pointless. They are incredibly reliable. Only problem Ive had, in like 15yrs or however long its been, has been one laser assembly replacement which cost like US$8. The motor burned out and the disk holder broke at about the same time...so I just replaced the entire assembly.
The only reason I'm getting a back-up PS1 is because the lid off the disc drive is broke off and falls off on my PS1 slim (the one in my attic)and the other PS1 only reads discs when it wants to(another one in my attic, don't know if it might be still up there). You see people selling PS1's for cents sometimes, I bought one off someone for 50 cents about 8 years ago and I found a PS2 beside a trash can!. Works perfectly, with all the hook ups and one controller!.Yeah I'm really careful how long I play my PS3 for since my other one broke.

The only reason I'm getting a back-up PS1 is because the lid off the disc drive is broke off and falls off on my PS1 slim (the one in my attic)and the other PS1 only reads discs when it wants to(another one in my attic, don't know if it might be still up there). You see people selling PS1's for cents sometimes, I bought one off someone for 50 cents about 8 years ago and I found a PS2 beside a trash can!. Works perfectly, with all the hook ups and one controller!.Yeah I'm really careful how long I play my PS3 for since my other one broke.
Ahh...that makes sense then. That reliability statement was for the original...never had a slim model so wouldnt know. A new laser assembly would be the fix for the disk reading issues as well. If you can find full systems for cents or low dollar though...that would most definitely be the better deal.

Ahh...that makes sense then. That reliability statement was for the original...never had a slim model so wouldnt know. A new laser assembly would be the fix for the disk reading issues as well. If you can find full systems for cents or low dollar though...that would most definitely be the better deal.
The original PS1 is pretty reliable, the PS1 slim is the budget model, so usually made out of cheaper materials. But all you have to do to play the games on slim is put a book or a shoe on top of the cover so it doesn't come off when your playing it, but its a bit ghetto. Don't know if I still have the PS1 with laser problem, but ill pick a another PS1 for meantime. If find the other PS1 and ill get the laser assembly kit for it.

Last edited:
Back