Weird bug with superchargers, wondering if anyone else has it

  • Thread starter Thread starter kFMkII
  • 38 comments
  • 3,717 views
Messages
35
Alright, so I can't enter my Ford GT in an NA race because it says it's supercharged. I don't remember it ever being supercharged before, and in any case if it is now, it doesn't show up in the settings menus. I got a CIEN from a race I won and supercharged it, but it still says NA in my garage, and I can enter it in the NA races.. I think maybe it gave the supercharged flag to the last car I was in when I bought it? I don't know.

Anyway, I'm wondering if A) the ford GT is supercharged by default and I just missed it, and B) if anybody else has seen anything like this?

Thanks.
 
The Ford GT is supercharged by default.
 
should be, in real life it's a supercharged 351
 
Actually it's a supercharged 5.4 Modular. NOT a 351 c.i.d. pushrod motor.
 
See if you can enter it into a turbo race. Maybe they consider a supercharger to be a turbo.
Technically it is.....it is helping 'push power', or in other words assisting the motor. If the motor is not working on its own, they consider any help a turbo.

just a theory
 
A supercharger and a turbo are pretty much the same thing so I don't see why they wouldn't let you. In fact aren't turbos technically a supercharger? I thought I read that somewhere once.
 
BlazinXtreme
A supercharger and a turbo are pretty much the same thing so I don't see why they wouldn't let you. In fact aren't turbos technically a supercharger? I thought I read that somewhere once.

Turbo's are exhaust driven, and Superchargers are pully driven. Both force air into the motor per forced indudction, but are two very different setups.
 
This was almost as good as a guy on IGN wondering why he couldn't enter his Lancer EVO VIII MR in the mid-engine (MR) races.
 
They are similar in how they operate, however the difference is where it get it's power.

Superchargers has a belt connected to the engine which drives a turbine to ram more air into the engine while a turbocharger gets its power from the exhaust. The exhaust runs through a turbine which spins the compressor.
 
Yes Tech Turbos are Super Chargers........

Turbos are driven by the exhasuts(flowing air spin turbine)

Super Charger driven by pullies........
 
turbos ae far more fficient than a supercharger since the superchargers being driven by the engine itself it wont put out quite as much power potentially as a turbocharger, but the supercharger has absolutely 0 lag since its always turning a given rpm dependant on endgine rpm
you should be able to enter your supercharged car into a turbo race as there are mainly 2 classes naturally aspirated (non turbo) and turbo (basically any car being helped with boost)
 
Actually you cant enter the Ford GT in either of those catigories. Not sure why. I'll admit I forgot it was supercharged tried to enter it in the NA races...couldn't. So over to the turbo races I went and well...still nothing. I'm kinda supprised if the supper charged cars were going to be excluded from both catigories that they didn't make a seperate one for 'em.

my 2 cents
 
That one sent me for a loop when i saw it myself.
Superchargers offer better power output in low prm, but not as good in the high rpm. Turbos work the opposite way, more power in high rpms and less in low rpms. Twisting tracks are a turbo cars nightmare, rarely get to stretch it's legs, superchargers excel here, as you get you power and right away too. But on courses with barely any corners, where top speed is valued, turbo's rule the roost.

Hey, what's with the S2000? this car has crappy NA upgrades and can't equip a supercharger. But it sounds sweet with a racing exhaust equipped. Back to amassing enough cash to get me some black LeMans used cars.
 
They should have renamed the Turbo races forced induction because that term encompases both super and turbo chargers.
 
95nismo
This was almost as good as a guy on IGN wondering why he couldn't enter his Lancer EVO VIII MR in the mid-engine (MR) races.

Holy mother of God, wife of Joshep :dopey:
 
I tried to enter my 2000 Mustang Corbra R into the turbo race after installing a supercharger - can't do it.
 
kFMkII
Alright, so I can't enter my Ford GT in an NA race because it says it's supercharged. I don't remember it ever being supercharged before, and in any case if it is now, it doesn't show up in the settings menus. I got a CIEN from a race I won and supercharged it, but it still says NA in my garage, and I can enter it in the NA races.. I think maybe it gave the supercharged flag to the last car I was in when I bought it? I don't know.

Anyway, I'm wondering if A) the ford GT is supercharged by default and I just missed it, and B) if anybody else has seen anything like this?

Thanks.

The supercharged cien can be enter in NA race because PS2 will automatically restricted your car back to NA status.
 
Moosey
Actually you cant enter the Ford GT in either of those catigories. Not sure why. I'll admit I forgot it was supercharged tried to enter it in the NA races...couldn't. So over to the turbo races I went and well...still nothing. I'm kinda supprised if the supper charged cars were going to be excluded from both catigories that they didn't make a seperate one for 'em.

my 2 cents

This is quite normal, do not adjust your set. IIRC In GT3 the SLK230 Kompressor can't enter either the NA or the Turbo races, this car is also supercharged.
 
hooyeah
turbos ae far more fficient than a supercharger since the superchargers being driven by the engine itself it wont put out quite as much power potentially as a turbocharger, but the supercharger has absolutely 0 lag since its always turning a given rpm dependant on endgine rpm
Centifugal Superchargers lag much in the same way a turbo does ...

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=76
 
95nismo
This was almost as good as a guy on IGN wondering why he couldn't enter his Lancer EVO VIII MR in the mid-engine (MR) races.
lol are you serious.. plz send me a link to this.. if thats true than maybe people are right when they say IGN is run by a bunch of noobs. :)


Um... nevermind. i just saw the link above :guilty: ..

I wish we could supercharge and turbocharge cars just for the heck of it.
 
k_h
my bad... off by 21 c.i.'s



You're off by more than that, they are two ENTIRELY different motor designs. One is a pushrod engine, the other is a DOHC.
 
hacker-pschorr
I tried to enter my 2000 Mustang Corbra R into the turbo race after installing a supercharger - can't do it.

Yep, you're correct, the game will not allow a supercharged car in a turbo race.
 
opinion on which is better is simply that, opinion. Power delivery however is different.. peak power is all in the same area within reason.

Centrifugal Superchargers take power to make power they draw off the crank. They also make power as they spin through the rev range much like a turbo, it's relative.

Turbochargers run off spent exhaust gasses, the gas spins the "exhaust" side of the wheels which in turn spins the compressor side wheel and crams air into the motor.

Roots/Twin-Screw/Positive Displacement Superchargers sit on top of an engine. They replace the intake manifold. they also draw off the crank with even more power robbed but make power much quicker in the rev range. if not efficient they will drop off in higher RPM.

The new Ford GT is a 5.4L 331ci. 32V DOHC V8 with a Whipple 2.3L Lysholm twinscrew supercharger on top. 👍
 
Blkout
You're off by more than that, they are two ENTIRELY different motor designs. One is a pushrod engine, the other is a DOHC.

It's not a matter of pushrod to DOHC, but pushrod to modular. 👍
 
Ceyvme
Turbo's are exhaust driven, and Superchargers are pully driven. Both force air into the motor per forced indudction, but are two very different setups.
A turbo is a type of supercharger. (a turbine spun by exhaust gases powering the compressor) that's how they came up with turbo-supercharger(or, turbocharger)
 
Back