Weird comments you get on your liveries

Comments. I wish I got a fricken comment. This is one part that really pisses me off. I create (try) decals, logos and wraps and as you may know some of them can take quite a while to do. then you upload them asking them politely to give a comment (good or bad) and repost. And nobody does. I shouldn't say no body. There are a few that do. I know it can be time consuming to write a comment but it doesn't have to be a book. Just a simple "Thanks" would be fine for me. And once you write it once it stored so you don't have to rewrite it again. Just hit a button and that's why it erks me. Second thing is the repost. For me if you upload it you must like it right, so why not repost it. Once again it just hitting a button. I had a couple of people how downloaded 50+ decals and couldn't give a comment or even repost it. One of them started to follow me and when I found that out I sent them a question asking "Why" but I didn't get any response. So I then blocked them for ever downloading anything from my gallery again.

garystevens64

Comments. I wish I got a fricken comment. This is one part that really pisses me off. I create (try) decals, logos and wraps and as you may know some of them can take quite a while to do. then you upload them asking them politely to give a comment (good or bad) and repost. And nobody does. I shouldn't say no body. There are a few that do. I know it can be time consuming to write a comment but it doesn't have to be a book. Just a simple "Thanks" would be fine for me. And once you write it once it stored so you don't have to rewrite it again. Just hit a button and that's why it erks me. Second thing is the repost. For me if you upload it you must like it right, so why not repost it. Once again it just hitting a button. I had a couple of people how downloaded 50+ decals and couldn't give a comment or even repost it. One of them started to follow me and when I found that out I sent them a question asking "Why" but I didn't get any response. So I then blocked them for ever downloading anything from my gallery again.

garystevens64

Well, I absolutely understand why this annoying. You put so much effort, creativity and time into your work - and you receive nothing or very limited response.

You have to be aware, that GTS is a game. You will not be paid or invited to events if you create decals or liveries. No matter how often you get a "Like" "Repost" or a comment.

We do it for fun, and the social media part of this game is nice but limited. Personally I´m happy if I get a nice comment, but it really does not stop me from doing anything if it don´t get likes or something like that.

Please keep up your work and have fun!

BTW:

I have multiple comments with this content:

****. .****.
.*****.*****.L&R
.*********.
.*******.
.*****.Check my Subaru
.***.

There are multiple user which keep commenting exact the same everytime. Somehow weird :confused:

Right. I know that it's just a game. But when I started creating designs I had a goal. That goal was to get one of my creations listed in the "Most Popular or "Cool Selections". And so far I haven't been in either one of them. So I'm guess that why it upsets me that no one seems to ever repost or give a comment. I don't even car if the response is bad because then I know that I need to improve my skills creating designs. So why are they even there (Cool Selections , Most Popular)?

garystevens64

Right. I know that it's just a game. But when I started creating designs I had a goal. That goal was to get one of my creations listed in the "Most Popular or "Cool Selections". And so far I haven't been in either one of them. So I'm guess that why it upsets me that no one seems to ever repost or give a comment. I don't even car if the response is bad because then I know that I need to improve my skills creating designs. So why are they even there (Cool Selections , Most Popular)?

garystevens64
Not to brag, I got into the cool selections and had no idea. @Cytoria had to tell me. To me, it just seems you need to make a good livery on a new car....

I know. But I can't seem to get a large amount of people who like them. It seem that I get about 30 people who like my liveries. I then see some people who get hundreds on just one day. And if nobody leaves any comments you don't know what you need to do to change them or get better creating liveries.

garystevens64

You’ll never be into « Most Popular » again : all the liveries there came from the beginning of the game or are at least one year old, and the current community is not big enough to reach the kind of numbers they previously got.

Your goal should be « Cool Selections » where Polyphony chooses some good liveries on the new cars or from an event (24h of Le Mans, Spa, Nurburgring...), or « Trending », which uses an algorithm to detect liveries which got a lot of likes in a short time.

« Cool Selection » used to be updated every week, but now it’s more 2 weeks or even more. The good thing is that Polyphony often features liveries from « small » accounts with not that many followers. The bad thing is that most of these accounts are Japanese.

« Trending » moves every day, and the liveries which are shown there benefits of the snowball effect : the more they got likes, the more they are visible, the more they got likes, etc...

Last edited:
I have multiple comments with this content:

****. .****.
.*****.*****.L&R
.*********.
.*******.
.*****.Check my Subaru
.***.

There are multiple user which keep commenting exact the same everytime. Somehow weird :confused:
I was going to post the same thing after just seeing this thread.

****. .****.
.*****.*****.
.*********.
.*******.
.*****.
.***.
It's funny, just posting the above I get what it is supposed to be.

......****. .****.
.....*****.*****.
......*********.
.......*******.
.........*****.
.......... ***.
.............*

I appreciate anyone taking the time to comment, though maybe not just the message check out my liveries without commenting on my actual livery. But if it is not obvious it is supposed to be a heart, why go to the trouble.

Last edited:
I was going to post the same thing after just seeing this thread.

****. .****.
.*****.*****.
.*********.
.*******.
.*****.
.***.
It's funny, just posting the above I get what it is supposed to be.

......****. .****.
.....*****.*****.
......*********.
.......*******.
.........*****.
.......... ***.
.............*

I appreciate anyone taking the time to comment, though maybe not just the message check out my liveries without commenting on my actual livery. But if it is not obvious it is supposed to be a heart, why go to the trouble.

Ha! Another big mystery of mankind is solved!

Ha! Another big mystery of mankind is solved!
You're welcome. ;) I'm just glad it suddenly made sense to me though. :lol:

As you can see from above, I had to use the 'dots' to make it align correctly, because when you post using spaces, as in the game, it ignores the spaces and doesn't turn out as designed. But the people who post that in the game must realise it is not looking as they want it to look after they post it, but don't fix it. :confused: :odd:

As an ICRT member I'll do my best to clarify a few things. Firstly its an in game community of decal and livery creators and an awesome bunch of guys and girls who support each other and offer avenues of help much like the forums here. You don't join you get asked if you would like too. The tag is simply so community members can easily locate and support each others work. The community is very small approx 100 members so being a memeber doesn't garantee 1000s of likes. What they do do is activety support each other and their followers also. Additionally they do seek and identify quality work and show recognition of this by liking and support your work. Probably why Cytoria was asked . Being a member does not garantee a huge following. I had over 5000 before being asked as a member some have far less. They will support you if your a member or not. To say some designs are average is a bit unfair. We all at times do basic liveries cause we want to and not every design is a mona lisa. Unfortunately the GTSport community is very much geared towards the more support you give the more you get back and this does at times result in basic liveries getting thousands (just check the most popular livery list most which are not ICRT) and some truely amazing work going unrecognized.
It's quite interesting. I've been using it for a while and oddly only today I got a comment on two of my posts to stop using it which I thought was a little disheartening. I get you have a group trying to filter out each others work etc.

Granted you're never rude when you like or look at my work, that I'm grateful for. If others are going to give me **** for using it then it's a little bit of a shame since it's something I'm starting to enjoy more and more.

Ah well it's only a game :-)

I hope your doing ok mate. From what you describe it sounds like you were asked to stop using a community tag that your actually not part of. At the end of the day your right, this is only a game and ultimately the choice is still yours. No one can actually stop you.

Stay safe buddy and looking forward to seeing more of your work real soon

Back