Weird gear shifts in certain cars

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 14 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hello lovely GT people!

Especially in the Miata, but also in for example the F40, the gear shifts sound kind of hesitant. It's not fluent like on RL onboard videos. What do you guys think about it? I'd love for it to be fixed so I don't get disturbed by it.
I don't have a clutch on my rig so I can't fix it that way (i just use the pedal shifters).

Cheers,
Sej

Hello lovely GT people!

Especially in the Miata, but also in for example the F40, the gear shifts sound kind of hesitant. It's not fluent like on RL onboard videos. What do you guys think about it? I'd love for it to be fixed so I don't get disturbed by it.
I don't have a clutch on my rig so I can't fix it that way (i just use the pedal shifters).

Cheers,
Sej

Car shifts weirdly when they're equipped with a manual transmission. It kinda ''simulates'' a manual gearshift, so it's not as quick as AT and DCT cars.

Car shifts weirdly when they're equipped with a manual transmission. It kinda ''simulates'' a manual gearshift, so it's not as quick as AT and DCT cars.

Well, PD should make it smoother. For example with the F40 going up in gears, the throttle also blips or something, which makes it sound robotic.

Here's a vid which shows it:

The Gr. 4 Jag and RC F have that similar shifting sound and those are paddle shift. Meanwhile, the other sequential shift cars just change gears smoothly.

I try to get around that by swapping to the customizable gearbox, and trying to keep to the original ratios. It also effects the EVO IV and the Beat...just a massive hesitation in shifting

The Kei cars seem to have massive change delays. Must be real long throw, long clutch.
The lower the power the longer the shift lag.
The Fiat 500 takes like 2 to 3 seconds to shift from 1st to second.

I try to get around that by swapping to the customizable gearbox, and trying to keep to the original ratios. It also effects the EVO IV and the Beat...just a massive hesitation in shifting
I changed to the customizable gearbox and the hesitant shifting is gone. But in with that transmission, a supercharger (sound) is added or something? WTH? :boggled:

I changed to the customizable gearbox and the hesitant shifting is gone. But in with that transmission, a supercharger (sound) is added or something? WTH? :boggled:

That would be the sound of a straight cut gearbox, they've used that in previous games (started in GT4) to simulate a race gearbox. I'm unsure if you can turn that down in sound settings.

You can still hear it at volume -5, but I guess it's less annoying than the gear shifts sounding like an amateur all the time.

No to be too funny, but the length of time between shifts, are more like the Driving Simulation aspect of GT.

It's works fine when driving normally, but we all Have to RACE in this game.

Back