Weird question

  • Thread starter Thread starter C Takahashi
  • 37 comments
  • 2,183 views
Messages
84
Australia
New South Wales
Messages
C-Takahashi
This may be a weird question but..... Whats the closest thing to a jet fighter in GT5? :)
 
The Red Bull X1 of course! Pulls similar lateral G, & has a jet fighter style cockpit cover. Why do you ask?
 
VBR
The Red Bull X1 of course! Pulls similar lateral G, & has a jet fighter style cockpit cover. Why do you ask?

Or even the Redbull X2010/11 as it's been known for over 2 years!
 
Oh yea :lol:, now that you think it about it looks heavily inspired by a jet fighter. :D


Edit: Just a thought :)
 
Or even the Redbull X2010/11 as it's been known for over 2 years!

I've never driven the thing or taken much notice of it, hence my ignorance over it's proper name. :p

@ C Takahashi - Why did you ask this question?
 
VBR
I've never driven the thing or taken much notice of it, hence my ignorance over it's proper name. :p

@ C Takahashi - Why did you ask this question?

Just a thought mate. :)

Also something to go with my Fighter pilot inspired outfit.
 
Or even the Redbull X2010/11 as it's been known for over 2 years!

This argument is from a different thread and has no place here once again.

The X1 also sounds like a jet engine when watching Bob drive and using bumper cam (I think).
 
The Boeing 747 on the Dunsfold Park runway.

Or the Patrouille de France air display team that overfly the start of the 24 Heures du Mans. Dassault Alpha Jet, I believe - though not armed.
 
GT by citroen is somewhere between jet fighter and batmobile.
 
Whats the closest thing to a jet fighter in GT5? :)
gran-turismo-5-top-gear-test-track-2-640x340.jpg
 
The Boeing 747 on the Dunsfold Park runway.

Or the Patrouille de France air display team that overfly the start of the 24 Heures du Mans. Dassault Alpha Jet, I believe - though not armed.

Maybe you're forgetting the Red Bull hangar? ;)
 
One civilian Alpha Jet does not a fighter make.
 
One civilian Alpha Jet does not a fighter make.

I read that the Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet in the Red Bull Hangar 7 was bought from the German Air Force, so it was a military model once, then used as aerobatic jet.
 
Indeed - it's a civilian craft, whereas the Patrouille de France is part of the French Air Force.

They're not armed when they're doing a flyover of Circuit de la Sarthe, but because they can be, they're slightly closer to being an actual fighter jet and thus the closest thing to a fighter jet in GT.
 
Or even the Redbull X2010/11 as it's been known for over 2 years!

Well, I call the car class X1 like F1, and the precise model names, I call them X2010/X2011.
 
Well, I call the car class X1 like F1, and the precise model names, I call them X2010/X2011.

Please don't... there was a massive argument over this in another thread, we don't need a repeat..

Indeed - it's a civilian craft, whereas the Patrouille de France is part of the French Air Force.

They're not armed when they're doing a flyover of Circuit de la Sarthe, but because they can be, they're slightly closer to being an actual fighter jet and thus the closest thing to a fighter jet in GT.

All knowing about Automotives and now Aviation? Just how much more is there to you Famine haha, interesting read :)
 
Don't worry, it just the way I call them, others can call them in whatever way they want, like vacuum cleaner. :D
 
The Boeing 747 on the Dunsfold Park runway.

Or the Patrouille de France air display team that overfly the start of the 24 Heures du Mans. Dassault Alpha Jet, I believe - though not armed.

That's mean :lol:
Anyway, another would be the gt by critroën. That car, if you read the description, was modeled by polophony to look like a jet interior. Or, just take either of the 3? x1's.
 
Ah. I didn't know about the x2010 prototype. You learn something new every day.

Well its only available from the Sebastian Vettel X1 Challenge Special Event. Can't be bought, nor the S. Vettel one - though 2 can be "won".

Yeah I also sometimes forget about that one, but I've not done that challenge yet so can't comment on it really. I presume it's pretty identical to the others though lol.
 
Well its only available from the Sebastian Vettel X1 Challenge Special Event. Can't be bought, nor the S. Vettel one - though 2 can be "won".

Yeah I also sometimes forget about that one, but I've not done that challenge yet so can't comment on it really. I presume it's pretty identical to the others though lol.

Different names, different paints. That's all. The x2011 tho has a larger fin.
 
Ah. I didn't know about the x2010 prototype. You learn something new every day.

Hence your name :lol: just kidding!

That car was part of a DLC car pack, pack 1 I think.
 
I'll just say, to quote Top Gear (UK) the "Lamborghini Aventador".
 
No, that's the X2011 prototype. More confusion I know.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I know the x2011 vs. the x2010... But not all the variations. I have an x2011, but no x2011. Now as a thought, why not the x1, and the x1.5/ x2?
 
Umm... Are those the ones found from the guy who looked in the files and found the special x2010s?

Yes they are.

I think the Red Bull X2010/X2011 is the closest car to a jet fighter.
But generally, are the planes that fly at the start of the 24Hrs of Le Mans race.
 
Back