The Free-for-all GT Racing Club: ALL RACES SUSPENDED (Read OP for details)Open 

Japan
PaRappa Town
Luigi755
parking.jpg

Welcome to the Free-for-all GT Racing Club!
This non-competitive, no-registration-required racing club is based around one single concept: To just have fun!
Here's the main rules of thumb:
  • NO DIRTY RACING. This is arguably one of the most important rules to follow. In case you don't know, "Dirty racing" is when racers unfairly cut corners, ram or deliberately wreck other racers, perform unnecessary manoeuvres (i.e. drifting or weaving around like a drunk) or just simply ruin other's races.
    • "Free-for-all" does NOT mean you can just do what you want. Dirty racing is strictly prohibited in the FFAGTRC. If you are caught playing dirty, you will be disqualified from the race and all of the day's subsequent races (which basically translates to "you'll just be kicked out").
    • If you get kicked out for dirty racing, @VBR can help you to clean up your act with his Good Racecraft Guide: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-good-racecraft-guide.183891/
  • NO RED BULL X-CARS (X1), FORMULA GT (FGT) OR LE MANS PROTOTYPE (LMP) CARS. Any race car used by racers in the FFAGTRC must be based on a road-legal car (just like in real GT racing), which means the race car you want to race must be parallel to a road-legal counterpart in real life (i.e. You are able to race the Audi R8 LMS Ultra as it is based on the Audi R8 5.2 Quattro (the road car equivalent)). So you can say goodbye to the Mercedes VGT and Citroen GT.
    • If you are found in a prototype or VGT car during the race, you will be booted. Awa' wi ye!
    • Please be aware that you will also be kicked out if you are in a tuned-up road car (more details why below), or a rally, DTM or Pikes Peak car.
    • This rule does not apply to the Honda HSV-010 GT (as it is deemed equal to all other cars currently permitted) and the Mercedes CLK-LM (as it is based on a CLK, albeit heavily modified. Be aware that the CLK-LM will be subject to heavy performance restrictions)
  • NO OVERPOWERED (OP) CARS. This is the reason why there is a 600bhp power limit. OP cars will be rejected by regulations.
    • If your car is OP, and you still desperately want to use it, don't worry! Coming down to regulation power limit can be as easy as removing tuning parts or simply using a power limiter.
    • Is it the other way around? If you are using slower GT cars (i.e. the Renault Megane Trophy and virtually all GT300 cars), there's still a way to keep up with the pack! Give it an extra boost through engine upgrades and turbos (NoS may seem like a good idea, but it can be drained quickly, in addition to the fact that most of these cars won't let you use NoS kits, and it is also banned).
  • This club is for RACE CARS, not tuned road cars. Tuned-up road cars don't just carry more weight, but are also overpowered and stupidly slow in the corners.
    • Not only that, their higher overall speeds create an unfair advantage. IF YOU DECIDE TO USE A HOMEBREW ROAD CAR RACER ANYWAY, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
In addition, here's some good guidelines to follow when out on the track:
  • You can take out any car that abides by regulations. It's your choice if you want to use a race car more biased towards speed, or if you want to drive at insane speeds in the corners through extra downforce. Use the car that suits your style. Or you can just bring out your favourite racing machine to show off to the crowd!
    • REMEMBER THAT YOUR CAR WILL STILL NEED TO ABIDE BY REGULATIONS REGARDLESS OF WHAT IT IS.
  • Feel free to experiment with setups prior to the race. You can use the free practice session before the race start to fine-tune your car. If you are on a new track, and if you feel that your car is unsuited, tweak the settings a little.
  • Remember to be clean. This is not a serious championship where you are always fighting for the podium. This is just a way of having fun! Everybody wins, so there's no point racing dirty, as it won't make any difference.
    • DIRTY RACERS, LIKE MENTIONED BEFORE, WILL BE KICKED.
  • Be adaptable to different types of races. The FFAGTRC will hold races that can range from short, 3-lap sprint races to 15-lap enduro races*.
    • *Enduros cannot be held unless there are at least 10 players on the track, willing to race.
  • Additionally, be adaptable to changing weather conditions. The longer races may be held in changeable weather conditions, so have multiple different tyres at the ready for these paticular races. This is more of a common-sense guideline that most experienced drivers follow, rather than a strictly-enforced rule.
    • Dry racing tyres are split into three compounds: Hard, Medium and Soft. Hard tyres may not have much grip compared to the other racing tyres, but last longer in the enduros. Soft tyres are the best for setting the fastest laps in sprint races, but in longer races, their short life may leave you spending more time in the pits than you are in the lead.
    • Rain tyres are split into two different types: Intermediate and Heavy wet. If the track is looking like it may dry up over the course of the race, use inters. If the rain shows no signs of stopping at all, switch to heavy wets.
    • Plan out a strategy for longer races. Do you take the soft tyres and shoot off into the distance, before pitting and risking the loss of all your effort? Or do you take the hard tyres, wait for the attack, and fly past other racers who are changing tyres? Do you take intermediate tyres as the track drys up, hoping for better grip in unpredictable weather? Or do you take full wets, ensuring safe handling in the wet, but risking overall grip when the sun comes out? That's up to you.
The club opens its doors at 17:30 GMT (18:30 CET/BST, 12:30 Eastern United States (11:30 Central, 10:30 Mountains, 09:30 Pacific, 07:30 Hawaii), 03:00 Australia, 02:30 Japan/S. Korea, 23:00 India). (During the school off-term, the FFAGTRC may hold randomly-scheduled races on weekdays at the usual 17:30 timeslot.)

You do not need to register in advance. You can invite PSN friends if the room seems a bit empty, but make sure that they know about all the rules listed above (wherever it be sending them in a PM, or linking them to this thread)
A photo gallery may be added after the race.

Check back on this post often to find out about rule changes, or other news relating to the FFAGTRC. Feel free to talk about our races, your cars, or just simply show your interest! We are always welcoming new members, but remember that you don't have to be a member to turn up at a FFAGTRC race meeting.

This guide to rules and regulations is available in multiple languages.
English|Español/Spanish|日本語/Japanese|Deutsch/German

Stay sweet!
-TheLuigi755

Last edited:
I like that! :D
If my car is more than 600 HP, then can I use power limiter?
No road cars allowed, right?

@xZAMGMarmite will be appearing in a 569pp Renault Megane Trophy, complete with 15th anniversary colours. I will be turning up in a Honda HSV, decked out in team Keihin Real Racing's colours.
I didn't decide the car yet.
Harsk, have you made a decision on your car yet? Please detail me on it, so I can confirm that it meets regulations.

@xZAMGMarmite has invited friends from both GTP and PSN, but he said that they may not be coming. Can you confirm if anyone else is interested in this. We can't have just 3 cars racing today! Wherever your friends on GTP or PSN are, please tell them about this event, then link them to this thread.

In case you were wondering, today's races will be held at Apricot Hill Raceway:
parking.jpg

You will not need rain tyres for most races, as they will be held in clear conditions.
Remember to check the OP for regulations, rules and guidelines, and use this thread to discuss before the race.

See you on the track!

Last edited:
@xZAMGMarmite will be appearing in a 569pp Renault Megane Trophy, complete with 15th anniversary colours. I will be turning up in a Honda HSV, decked out in team Keihin Real Racing's colours.

Harsk, have you made a decision on your car yet? Please detail me on it, so I can confirm that it meets regulations.

@xZAMGMarmite has invited friends from both GTP and PSN, but he said that they may not be coming. Can you confirm if anyone else is interested in this. We can't have just 3 cars racing today! Wherever your friends on GTP or PSN are, please tell them about this event, then link them to this thread.

In case you were wondering, today's races will be held at Apricot Hill Raceway:
View attachment 144165
I've been in some problems with PS3: PS3 shut down while I was playing with cooler. The dust has been removed.. I'll try it without cooler....

I know that I shouldn't talk about it here but it was one of the reasons that I didn't decide...

I've been in some problems with PS3: PS3 shut down while I was playing with cooler. The dust has been removed.. I'll try it without cooler....

I know that I shouldn't talk about it here but it was one of the reasons that I didn't decide...
That's unfortunate to hear, @Harsk100. Still, that kind of stuff happens.

@xZAMGMarmite is expecting 3-4 of his friends to join my room. If AMG, Harsk and AMG's friends join me, we're looking for our first ever race to have around seven racers. Not half-bad.

Room opens in just under 15 minutes!

That's unfortunate to hear, @Harsk100. Still, that kind of stuff happens.

@xZAMGMarmite is expecting 3-4 of his friends to join my room. If AMG, Harsk and AMG's friends join me, we're looking for our first ever race to have around seven racers. Not half-bad.

Room opens in just under 15 minutes!
I tried without cooler and it gave the same result.... Looks like I won't race on GT6 until my PS3 gets fixed. It sucks... :(

Room open!
Room ID: 1472-6118-3701-4253-7618

THE ROOM IS NOW CLOSED. Thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
Except that isn't a series. Especially with that acronym.
Walter Hayes Trophy Big Open Closed Wheel Grand Tourers Touring Cars Tin Tops Allcomers Scratch Racing Series.

I forgot about launching it. Good luck with this Luigi, fun concept with great racing.

Except that isn't a series. Especially with that acronym.

Technically, its not even an acronym. An acronym is an initial abbreviation that can be pronounced as a word, such as NASA. You can in no way pronounce that as a word. :lol: The correct term for that is an initialism. ;)

Technically, its not even an acronym. An acronym is an initial abbreviation that can be pronounced as a word, such as NASA. You can in no way pronounce that as a word. :lol: The correct term for that is an initialism. ;)
Whatbogtetcuttetasres?

Whatbogtetcuttetasres?

Doesn't work as you are now adding letters, its still an initialism. Adding letters to an intialism to make it an acronym doesn't work because then you have added letters that mean nothing in regards to the original initialism. :)

It's still marketed as an acronym for marketing purposes.

It's still marketed as an acronym for marketing purposes.

You can't change it just for marketing purposes. :rolleyes: Its an intialism, plain and simple.

And yea, sorry for the off topic posts. I was just scoping things out and seen the mistake above and thought I'd offer the correction. Forgot who I was trying to correct. :rolleyes: Again, my apologies and good luck with your club, it doesn't sound like something I'm interested in.

Yeah, sorry for off-topicing this, but can you not take a joke?

Sadly, we had to shut a bit earlier than expected. Thanks to all who raced today, and we'll see you on Sunday!

Today's summary
  • First ever FFAGTRC race at Apricot Hill won by @xZAMGMarmite (Honda HSV 15th.)
  • Today's racers of note by PSN name:
    • xZ_AMG_Marmite ('11 Honda HSV 15th Anniversary, '11 Mercedes SLS 15th Anniversary)
    • Luigi755 ('12 Honda Keihin HSV)
    • Sonic_GYRO ('97 Toyota Castrol Supra)
    • rotweiler96 ('11 BMW M3 Base)
  • Kicked players of note:
    • Can't remember, but he was in a road-model '10 Camaro SS, and refused to change cars. We told you, road cars are clearly forbidden from being used in this racing club.
Thank you for your participation!

Last edited:
We're heading to Silverstone for tomorrow's race meeting. Here's the details on the track itself:
parking.jpg

As always, read the OP for rules, regulations and some racing tips. I would appreciate it if we had more racers this time, as we had just 4 racers (maximum) at Apricot Hill. I'm hoping for at least 8 to join us at Silverstone. Like at Apricot Hill, you won't need rain tyres, as we're hoping for all races to be held in full daylight.

*Note: We were hoping for enduros at Apricot Hill but there weren't enough racers to justify holding such a long race. We will NOT be holding enduros until we have AT LEAST 10 racers in the lobby and on the track.

See you at Silverstone!

Sadly, we had to shut a bit earlier than expected. Thanks to all who raced today, and we'll see you on Sunday!

Today's summary
  • First ever FFAGTRC race at Apricot Hill won by @xZAMGMarmite (Honda HSV 15th.)
  • Today's racers of note by PSN name:
    • xZ_AMG_Marmite (Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3)
    • Luigi755 (Honda KEIHIN REAL RACING HSV-010 GT)
    • Sonic_GYRO (Toyota Castrol Team TOM'S Supra)
    • rotweiler96 (Nissan GT-R GT3 Base)
  • Kicked players of note:
    • Can't remember, but he was in a road-model Camaro SS, and refused to change cars. We told you, road cars are clearly forbidden from being used in this racing club.
Thank you for your participation!
Sorry about leaving early, I had to go out but good racing. I wasn't the one using the GTR though I was using a M3 GT2, I can't remember the name but someone else was using that.

Last edited:
DaveTheDuck12 was using the R35 GT3.

Also will my dominance continue with the next race?? Find out tomorrow.

I have a team name and car number if that's allowed (if not I will remove it),

Bavaria 0.0% with Honda Racing by Gran Turismo, #77 (Honda HSV-010'11 15th Anniversary or Honda HSV-010'12 Base Model.)

DaveTheDuck12 was using the R35 GT3.

Also will my dominance continue with the next race?? Find out tomorrow.

I have a team name and car number if that's allowed (if not I will remove it),

Bavaria 0.0% with Honda Racing by Gran Turismo, #77 (Honda HSV-010'11 15th Anniversary or Honda HSV-010'12 Base Model.)
This sin't a series, it's more of a casual racing club. I'll let you have a team and number if you want, but you won't be scored, and it doesn't matter. You can still have one.
@GT5photomatic, sorry for the confusion, I thought you were in the GT-R. I'll correct it now.
In addition, @xZAMGMarmite, your dominance will probably be short-lived. Not guaranteed that it will end though. But, you wait and see...

This sin't a series, it's more of a casual racing club. I'll let you have a team and number if you want, but you won't be scored, and it doesn't matter. You can still have one.
@GT5photomatic, sorry for the confusion, I thought you were in the GT-R. I'll correct it now.
In addition, @xZAMGMarmite, your dominance will probably be short-lived. Not guaranteed that it will end though. But, you wait and see...
That doesn't bother me if it doesnt get counted and as my cars don't have any decals like the others, so that why I did that. And I'm feeling confident about todays race.

All racers: Please note that our races MUST end by 19:00 GMT, as I have a racing series to attend to.
@xZAMGMarmite: Prepare for annihilation at Silverstone today. Stay Sweet, whilst you still can.
@GT5photomatic: If you can stay for longer this time, it will be greatly appreciated!
@Harsk100*: If your PS3 is working, please join us today at Silverstone! Have you chosen a car of interest?
Whoever that guy in a Camaro is: Be aware that if you do not bring a valid GT race car to the race meeting, you will instantly be kicked. Unlike Apricot Hill, I WILL NOT be giving you a second chance to change car. Use a GT race car, or you will be booted.

*@Harsk100: I will allow you to leave early due to today's STCC race, but please come for our races today!

All racers: Please note that our races MUST end by 19:00 GMT, as I have a racing series to attend to.
@xZAMGMarmite: Prepare for annihilation at Silverstone today. Stay Sweet, whilst you still can.
@GT5photomatic: If you can stay for longer this time, it will be greatly appreciated!
@Harsk100*: If your PS3 is working, please join us today at Silverstone! Have you chosen a car of interest?
Whoever that guy in a Camaro is: Be aware that if you do not bring a valid GT race car to the race meeting, you will instantly be kicked. Unlike Apricot Hill, I WILL NOT be giving you a second chance to change car. Use a GT race car, or you will be booted.

*@Harsk100: I will allow you to leave early due to today's STCC race, but please come for our races today!
If I can get my internet up, I'll be able to race until 6:30. @xZAMGMarmite ignore the message telling you to ignore the message

Last edited:
Back