Well done PD! Well done!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BkS
  • 56 comments
  • 4,552 views
Ive seen this glitch well before the latest patch, but last night the league i run in was on the 24hr, and i had a bug that i had not seen before ( so probably a 2.11 bug ) i got no count down for the race start and then my dials ( i race from the nose view ) went completely blank no rev/speedo numbers, just blank dials with a needle, when i paused it to quit out i then got no quit menu at all.

It only happened the once but why is it 1 step forward then 1 step back with PD all the time??, this has been PD's patch stratagy for ages now, every patch needs another to fix the previous and so on. Effectively we are actually on pach 1.5 or something like that.
 
BkS
Ain't got another system in the house mate.

UPDATE: My disc seems to work fine when I don't install GT5 to the HDD... I've tested everything and its working. I can get online, in my lounge and Nurb even has textures!! This is seriously becoming weird!

Something isn't right from copying from the disc to my HDD. Uh oh.

EDIT: It seems Kart Space isn't loading either. That feared squeaking noise has came back to haunt me! Just when I thought I was on to something. :(

Are you certain that it's the BD that's making the noise? Maybe it's the HD that's thrashing. It's possible that you have unwritable/unreadable sectors on the disk.
 
BkS
EDIT: It seems Kart Space isn't loading either. That feared squeaking noise has came back to haunt me! Just when I thought I was on to something. :(

I got the noise all the time.
 
Had this happen to me last night, nowhere near as bad as in the video but certain parts of the track were invisible.
 
Kart Space is DLC track, thus reside on the HDD, does the sound like rattling or crackling noise from below the BD slot ? Open the HDD cover and listen for the noise when you have loading issues. I would try to backup the HDD if I were the OP then buy a new HDD now before it's too late.

I've been having HDD issue as well on my original drive that came with PS3, shutdown error at same spot when playing games, streaming movies, accessing the games folder on XMB, opening game data utility or copying save game data, HDD error can cause many kinds of issues. When it got worse, my PS3 would shutdown within seconds of cold start up for more than 7 times before it can start normally. When I turn the PS3 on without HDD, no shutdown error.

Just a heads up, that the HDD can cause shutdown error as well ( red led blinking ), some might thought that PS3 overheats or dying, but it's not always the case.
 
I had this very problem before. Disc may look clean, but clean it anyway. Also, clean the blu-ray lens. I did the above and all was fixed for me. If you smoke, you are creating a film on your discs, even if they do stay in your machine. Trust me tho, try the cleaning of the disc and blu-ray lens and you will see that it is not the update that caused that particular problem.
 
I had a friend that has had to replace the Blu ray part or lens a couple of times because he smoked right beside his machine. He mentioned bad noises before the failures.

Also, does everything work fine if you're not signed in? I ask this because the servers have been screwy the last few hours. Some of us had trouble getting into rooms. A room I was in booted the host and locked up on us. etc.
 
GTP_CargoRat
I had this very problem before. Disc may look clean, but clean it anyway. Also, clean the blu-ray lens. I did the above and all was fixed for me. If you smoke, you are creating a film on your discs, even if they do stay in your machine. Trust me tho, try the cleaning of the disc and blu-ray lens and you will see that it is not the update that caused that particular problem.

My disc is clean, I cleaned it straight after I started having this problem. I'm not a smoker and I doing allow smokers in my room either, I hate the smell of the stuff.

@Everyone else - I'm pretty sure its around the BD area. It only starts once the game loads up and then tries to access some part of the disc. I can't check it at the moment, currently on a train to a job interview but I'll return to the thread once I'm home.

As a side note, I tested Spa with Weather change and it worked fine, so possibly a faulty HDD as my PS3 hasn't been dropped or knocked ever.
 
Ok, so in an attempt to solve really what the problem is, I went out yesterday and bought a second disc, from GAME. It was a brand new disc, and still my PS3 is freezing and connections to servers are still impossible. I've been able to connect once.

So I think this can come down to my HDD or BD. There's no squeaking noise anymore with the new disc btw!
 
BkS
Ok, so in an attempt to solve really what the problem is, I went out yesterday and bought a second disc, from GAME. It was a brand new disc, and still my PS3 is freezing and connections to servers are still impossible. I've been able to connect once.

So I think this can come down to my HDD or BD. There's no squeaking noise anymore with the new disc btw!

If it's some sort or hardware failure, you'll hear a couple beeps when you start up your ps3, it normally beeps only once. Same thing when shutting down, usually no beeps when shut down normally, if there's hardware failure, you'll get beeps.

If you get those beeps, I'd highly recommend replacing your blu ray lens, as that's normally the first to go.
 
For some reason my brand new 250 gb ps3 is already freezing a lot on skyrim, GT5 and downloaded games. The music loops a lot lately. Ps3 is acting unreliable to me. I didn't buy a warranty so I'm stuck with a crappy ps3.

I had it since late November, opened it and hooked it up in December.
 
For some reason my brand new 250 gb ps3 is already freezing a lot on skyrim, GT5 and downloaded games. The music loops a lot lately. Ps3 is acting unreliable to me. I didn't buy a warranty so I'm stuck with a crappy ps3.

I had it since late November, opened it and hooked it up in December.
Do you ever play offline, as in not connected to the PSN? It doesn't seem to be the problem you're having since that's what people have found to be the problem with GT5 only. Only giving you some feedback.
 
another_jakhole
Do you ever play offline, as in not connected to the PSN? It doesn't seem to be the problem you're having since that's what people have found to be the problem with GT5 only. Only giving you some feedback.

I play both off and on. When I'm offline it freezes mostly on enduros. When I'm online when entering room on the black loading screen it freezes. One time I successfully got in a room and when I was done I left but you know sometimes when you leave but you still see the room and hear the music. It will freeze there for me. I wait 2 minutes...nothing. I have to reset it.
 
BkS
Ok, so in an attempt to solve really what the problem is, I went out yesterday and bought a second disc, from GAME. It was a brand new disc, and still my PS3 is freezing and connections to servers are still impossible. I've been able to connect once.

So I think this can come down to my HDD or BD. There's no squeaking noise anymore with the new disc btw!
Did you try what I suggested in post #19? It fixed a weird problem for me where I kept getting booted to the XMB after a race.
 
I just get the normal beep when turning it on and off. The only time I get "beeps" is when its froze and I force shut it off.
 
BkS
I just get the normal beep when turning it on and off. The only time I get "beeps" is when its froze and I force shut it off.

Same when I turn it off for freezing. And my control freezes when the ps3 freezes. So I can't turn it off from the controler.
 
Ranman20
Same when I turn it off for freezing. And my control freezes when the ps3 freezes. So I can't turn it off from the controler.

Yeah, same here. Think I'm gonna check inside the PS3, although I don't really want to void my warranty and insurance cover on it.
 
BkS
Yeah, same here. Think I'm gonna check inside the PS3, although I don't really want to void my warranty and insurance cover on it.

Do the classic way. Save everything on a couple usbs and get a new replacement ps3. Tell sony the problem. Sadly I didn't buy a warranty.
 
I would delete the game data and reinstall and repatch.
This. After both 2.09 and 2.11 I experienced various glitching in menus and very long load times for races or GT Auto. Both times I deleted the game data and reloaded, problem solved.
 
I've already done that, doesn't seem to have worked.

I did a database rebuild last night and so far things have been going well. I think I probably had a few corrupt files.
 
I withdraw my statement about the rebuilding the database, definitely seems like a hardware problem now. Looks like I'll have to open it up,
 
Do any of you have any cars that have had the code changed on them?, Like hybrids or hacked cars. If so that may be the trouble.

This does not do anything to the Track Codes.. This only changes the Value of the performance of the car....
 
Did you try what I suggested in post #19? It fixed a weird problem for me where I kept getting booted to the XMB after a race.

Yep I tried that, not making a difference.

I think my BD is on it's way out, I'm starting to get disc reading errors and now F1 2011 won't load either. -___-
 
Absolutely livid with gt5 right now.


I've never had a crashing problem, nor have I had the corrupt data problem. I've used the same disc since 2010 and not once the game has full on crashed until the last couple of days, and now today it decides to corrupt my data.

Though Bks may be extremely unlucky, I doubt it's hardware side as a whole! I am very annoyed about this. Since the launch of Gt in 2010 I believe I've transferred my exact same data between 4 different consoles and not once had any problems! This is absolutely ridiculous!
 
BkS
Yep I tried that, not making a difference.

I think my BD is on it's way out, I'm starting to get disc reading errors and now F1 2011 won't load either. -___-

Well there`s Your problem. Your Blueray lens is Dying or is very dirty :(.

Happened to me. no games would boot up. So i replaced the lens. now my PS3 works like a charm.
 
Replacing the lens so much more work than it needs to be. Replacing the whole drive looks like a much better proposition.
 
BkS
Replacing the lens so much more work than it needs to be. Replacing the whole drive looks like a much better proposition.


Infact i just replaced this.
862974_1ee6833d8f01a55905557eaa91b5b287.jpg


Also remove any disc in The ps3 before you take it apart :3.
 
Back