Well, my parents just bought a 300C...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anderton Prime
  • 83 comments
  • 2,559 views
M5Power
Use common sense and the Internet.
Those are one in the same, aren't they????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K But, yea, the mags we have here are good for a breeze through, thats about it. The numbers they give are basically pointless. Thats why I like reading CAR, EVO, and Top Gear. They hardly ever quote times and stuff like that. And, when they do, its usually from some track day when the car was compared to others on the same day. Thats good. Same day comparisons are good to see what the car does in relation to its competition. Numbers quoted in a mag just for specs are just numbers. Its not hard to see that the car isn't real fast. Its over 4000lbs, and only has 340hp. It will be decently quick, but not anything shocking.

Hilg
 
M5Power
Use common sense and the Internet.

C&D is a JOKE when it comes to acceleration times.
STOP USING BIG BOLD LETTERS.

First of all, take a pill, bub. No one here needs you screaming at the top of your lungs, totally unprovoked. So you don't like Car and Driver times, duly noted. Is there any need to yell it out? Absolutely not.

If you can't calm down, get the hell out.
 
Yeah. Jeez. What an a-hole.

Although, 5.3 does sound a little fast for a 4046 lbs car.

A quick google turns up times anywhere from 5.6s to 6.3s.

Nice car though, at least it's cooler than my mother's car. 👍
 
knightinwhite86
The reason this car is so cheap is because its platform sharing in work. The chasis is the same as a Mercedes E320, as your mom if she noticed a similiarity in the handling of the two. ITs a cool car, I dont like it because already i see way to many, ITs a good old hybrid, a European Chasis with an american engine


It is NOT a Mercedes-Benz chassis.
 
Anderton Prime
STOP USING BIG BOLD LETTERS.

First of all, take a pill, bub. No one here needs you screaming at the top of your lungs, totally unprovoked. So you don't like Car and Driver times, duly noted. Is there any need to yell it out? Absolutely not.

If you can't calm down, get the hell out.

Dude u just yelled @ the wrong person. Ive been here 3 months and even i know that.
 
Anderton Prime
[/color][/b]
First of all, take a pill, bub. No one here needs you screaming at the top of your lungs, totally unprovoked. So you don't like Car and Driver times, duly noted. Is there any need to yell it out? Absolutely not.

If you can't calm down, get the hell out.
[/size]

I believe this is perhaps the 30th time I have had to address this issue. It's not that I don't like Car & Driver (and Road & Track) times, it's that they're factually incorrect, biased, and completely absurd. People who quote Car & Driver and Road & Track times as fact look like absolute idiots.

No - the manual shift gate won't help. It's there for two reasons: to put fun into an automatic transmission, and to downshift faster for passing. Automatic transmissions of today are engineered to shift exactly at peak power, so their times cannot be bettered with ANY transmission using the same number of gears. I'm very surprised there are people who don't know this.
 
AP- Your parents should've gone for a Vauxaull Monaro. It's better. 👍
 
Event Horizon
AP- Your parents should've gone for a Vauxaull Monaro. It's better. 👍
If you're attempting to show us that you know of the car's name overseas, you should probably call it the Holden Monaro, considering that the Pontiac GTO has been around longer than the Vauxhall Monaro.

Posing is bad...
 
It was a direcr reference to the comparisonn test on Top Gear when they compared the 300C, Vauxaull Monaro, and Jaguar S-Type. I guess you didn't get that reference.

The Monaro was agreed to be the best. The 300C was the worst.
 
The Jaguar S-Type is $40,000 more expensive than the 300C, and therefore any comparison between them is bunk.

And we've owned enough Pontiacs for one family. Enough with the Pontiacs. That includes the absolutely BORINGly-styled GTO.
 
PublicSecrecy
Dude u just yelled @ the wrong person. Ive been here 3 months and even i know that.
I'm not afraid of anyone on GTP, except the odd Moderator who holds my fate in his hands. If someone is fed up of explaining something 30 times, instead of yelling they can simply ignore it and move on. I don't appreciate being yelled at, and if provoked I will yell back. One of us was called an a-hole by a moderator, and it wasn't me.

And M5, don't imply that I am, or I look like, an "absolute idiot" ever again. I have done NOTHING to offend you personally.
 
Anderton Prime
One of us was called an a-hole by a moderator [...]
Just so you know, sn00pie and Doug are BFF (Best Friends Forever!). sn00pie didn't actually mean it.
 
That doesn't change the fact that I'm not afraid that I might have "yelled at the wrong person..."
 
PublicSecrecy
The principal at my school has one. nice. big. classy. but still a chrysler.

DaimlerChrysler. Pay attention to the Daimler half of the car.

Also note that you have it's twin in your avatar :rolleyes:
 
The359
DaimlerChrysler. Pay attention to the Daimler half of the car.

Also note that you have it's twin in your avatar :rolleyes:

No i dont. I have Jeff's (ND4SPD's) interpretation of a "Dodge Magnur"- a D-Spec Dodge Magnum developed by Nissan. His car is nothing like any dodge ever created. First wagon to own ass and have a japanese engine, and also the first american wagon to win a DGP. At least in my world anyway. That and the Drift Dodge Magnur is just plain []D [] []V[] []D. Get it right. Duh. :dunce: lol, isnt that right J?
 
PublicSecrecy
No i dont. I have Jeff's (ND4SPD's) interpretation of a "Dodge Magnur"- a D-Spec Dodge Magnum developed by Nissan. His car is nothing like any dodge ever created. First wagon to own ass and have a japanese engine, and also the first american wagon to win a DGP. At least in my world anyway. That and the Drift Dodge Magnur is just plain []D [] []V[] []D. Get it right. Duh. :dunce: lol, isnt that right J?

1) Dodge and DaimlerChrysler has no connection with Nissan. Why you'd think Nissan would use a Magnum as a drift car is beyond me, especially since Nissan already has the huge potential from the Stagea.

2) God only knows what the name 'Magnur' is supposed to mean. I'm guessing it's a take on the Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur, because if it is that's utterly stupid, since 'Nur' certainly isn't something that Nissan came up with or owns.

3) It's still a DaimlerChrysler, it's still in your avatar, and you're bias against American vehicles is still pointless.
 
The359
1) Dodge and DaimlerChrysler has no connection with Nissan. Why you'd think Nissan would use a Magnum as a drift car is beyond me, especially since Nissan already has the huge potential from the Stagea.

2) God only knows what the name 'Magnur' is supposed to mean. I'm guessing it's a take on the Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur, because if it is that's utterly stupid, since 'Nur' certainly isn't something that Nissan came up with or owns.

3) It's still a DaimlerChrysler, it's still in your avatar, and you're bias against American vehicles is still pointless.

Theres this thing called sarcasm. Look it up. www.dictionary.com . Case in point: I WAS KIDDING.
 
The359
1) Dodge and DaimlerChrysler has no connection with Nissan. Why you'd think Nissan would use a Magnum as a drift car is beyond me, especially since Nissan already has the huge potential from the Stagea.

2) God only knows what the name 'Magnur' is supposed to mean. I'm guessing it's a take on the Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur, because if it is that's utterly stupid, since 'Nur' certainly isn't something that Nissan came up with or owns.

3) It's still a DaimlerChrysler, it's still in your avatar, and you're bias against American vehicles is still pointless.

Whoa there pal, I just called it that as a joke........Never really meant anything anyways.
 
THANK YOU. Lets go drifting in our Nurspec V8 Mariokart tonight!
 
PublicSecrecy
THANK YOU. Lets go drifting in our Nurspec V8 Mariokart tonight!

I'll bring my rotary powered donut then.

Oh by the way, nice car choice your parents bought! Gotta love 'em 300C's.
 
PublicSecrecy
Theres this thing called sarcasm. Look it up. www.dictionary.com . Case in point: I WAS KIDDING.

it doesn't matter.

[i've been around the block with this]
 
forget it.

lol.
 
I have lost control of the thread. REPEAT: I have lost control of the thread.
 
Tell your parents to buy a Drift Dodge Magnur, foo'. You would if you knew what was good for ya.
 
Okay, let's drop it. Back to the 300C, please.
 
Anderton Prime
I'm not afraid of anyone on GTP, except the odd Moderator who holds my fate in his hands. If someone is fed up of explaining something 30 times, instead of yelling they can simply ignore it and move on.

And let you continue spreading bull****? Not a chance.

One of us was called an a-hole by a moderator, and it wasn't me.

Yeah - you're with it.

And M5, don't imply that I am, or I look like, an "absolute idiot" ever again. I have done NOTHING to offend you personally.

When misniformation is told as fact, the speaker is and looks like an idiot.

And we've owned enough Pontiacs for one family. Enough with the Pontiacs. That includes the absolutely BORINGly-styled GTO.

The vehicle has 400 horsepower and you're off on how it's boringly styled?

Unbelievably, there should be about a million things more important than styling when it comes to buying a car.
 
Anderton Prime
And we've owned enough Pontiacs for one family. Enough with the Pontiacs. That includes the absolutely BORINGly-styled GTO.
What is funny, is that many musclecar 'legends' were rather plebian-looking for their time (simply some small aero add-ons to high-volume sellers) yet today they are looked upon as legends. Consider the:
  • Buick Grand National
  • Syclone/Typhoon
  • Impala SS (B-body Impala, not the FWD one)
  • Original GTO (relative of the Tempest, with stripes and a tach in the hood)

So, be prepared to kick yourself in 10 years.
 
Back