Well Textured Car List

• Thread starter D-Mind
  • 124 comments
All TVR's look pretty well done. 👍 I bought every single one and took them out for photo mode. The 350C seems to stand out a little bit more than other TVR's.

It's not about the amount of polygons, the quality of the 3D model doesn't matter a bit if the texture files have been made poorly.

- R -

Those of us who played GT2 should know about this! Most of the cars have poor gloss texture and the resulting shine winds up looking overdone and horrible. Plus, the car wash doesn't really work in this game. :ill:

I think we need to establish again what well textured means. Any car with texture dots (the change in gradient being represented by small dots of the next color) is not well textured. Also not well textured are cars with poor surfacing, such as on tailights or on lines representing body panel gaps.
I was also surprised on how nicely done the '83 Lancer IC Turbo was, so I find the "All Lancers, except the Ones before the 90's" shocking.

Umm, should'nt this instead of "textured" cars, be "well decorated"? Too cover this in general, Offical sponsered cars, (Race cars; Tourings, LeMans, Rally cars, Tuners)

Nope, this isn't about cars that have the brightest colours and badges, this is about cars that have their texture files made well. Compare the HKS Silvia (bright but very low res textures) to, those cars mentioned in the list in the first post. They may not have garish paint schemes but the textures have been made extremely well, with no flaws whatsoever.

- R -

Greycap, you explained that perfectly 👍
Also Toronado, i didn't know that. Haven't seen that myself yet, so will remove that.

I thought it had already been mentioned but the nismo 400r is one of the cleanest in the game imo.

For textures/rendering the Nismo Xanavi Z (Motul??) and the Nismo Xanavi GTR look extremely realistic.

If you are looking for some relatively low pixels on a certain area of a car, look no further than around the wheel arches of a Toyota Supra RZ... Terrible.

The taillights on the Motul GT-R look pretty bad, though:

Another nice one is the Silvia 240RS, in both race and road form. Both generations of the 300ZX look nice, too.

The taillights on the Motul GT-R look pretty bad, though:

Hmm... thr rear-end seems to be less worked-on these days.

When I'm on my home computer later I'll post a pic of each of the two Xanavi-sponsored cars - You'll be amazed.

Not adding the skyline, but the Z, 240rs and 300zx has been added.

onfiredk9.jpg

sarealphotobelieveitorncg0.jpg

xanavileadmd7.jpg

Sorry for the small pics but as you can see they are completely unedited aside the exposure.

Pretty good indeed, but i still have to exclude the GT-R for the rear. Z is perfect overall.

Pretty good indeed, but i still have to exclude the GT-R for the rear. Z is perfect overall.
I wouldn't necessarily call this perfect:

On the other hand, I nominate the WedsSport Celica as a very well textured car.

- R -

Thanks for showing me, greycap O_o. Maybe it'd be nice that if you say a car, back it up with a picture.
I've added the Lexus SC 430, out of own experience, in Photo travel this thing is just so clean! No cleanup required, whilst i never saw this car before.

Thanks for showing me, greycap O_o. Maybe it'd be nice that if you say a car, back it up with a picture.
I've added the Lexus SC 430, out of own experience, in Photo travel this thing is just so clean! No cleanup required, whilst i never saw this car before.

The headlights on that car are horrible, atleast IMO.

I'll post a pic of them later today if you want, I'm at school now so I can't do it right away.

The headlights on that car are horrible, atleast IMO.

I'll post a pic of them later today if you want, I'm at school now so I can't do it right away.

They really aren't. Take a look at my shot, or at Ultrashot's shots.

The edges look pretty jagged to me. Look at Ultra's first shot at Motegi.

Still this is a very fine textured car worthy of the list imo:)
Let's bring some more.

Still this is a very fine textured car worthy of the list imo:)
Let's bring some more.

Oh yeah, the rest of the car is great IMO too, its just the headlights bug me because the car looks so good.

I think the Caterham 7 looks pretty good, Eclipse GT, the AE86 Trueno's and MR2's

A lot of the muscle cars look pretty nice too. Chevelle SS 454, Buick Special, Camaro Z28

The Bentley Speed 8 doesn't look bad at all. I also wonder why people think the Bentley is so slow. All you have to do is hold R2 (if you are using automatic transmission) all the way to the Rev Limiter (right before it hits the rev limiter.) I easily golded the liscense test and won the races against the Sauber C9, R92CP, etc. in the extreme events.

Back