• Thread starter GTP_rpm
  • 31 comments

GTP_rpm

Premium
GTP_rpm
Let's get one thing straight here.

We all want PD to listen to us, right?

I'm sure they do...

...But when we feel the need to celebrate an online race with more than 5-6 GTP members, this is very sad for all of us. Really, if we're not making half the grid GTP members, then we should be ashamed.

The joy of racing 1-2 GTP members is growing old for me now and I'm beginning to have some of my better races with non-GTP people...at random timed events.

If you feel you cannot reply without being rude, please either leave this topic, or PM me and do NOT post in this thread.

If you feel I am right, please post in here ways we can build online interest back up in the GTP community.

To get the ball rolling, I would suggest that each online event should have a day dedicated to it. For example;

Monday - Mazda RX7 @ Suzuka 550pp

Tuesday - FWD @ Fuji 550pp

Wednesday - F2007 @ Fuji

etc?

This way it would give those who are possibly in ''limbo'' on the forum hopping from race to race trying to find some competition a simple option to take. Like for example, when you go into a shop in hunt of a sandwhich. If they've only got Ham Salad, you will end up buying Ham Salad. But if they've got 40 shelves stacked out with 100 different fillings, you will often find yourself spending a really long time trying to decide between the cajun chicken or the turkey and cranberry...and even when you've eaten it, you're not sure whether you made the right choice!?

I just feel, if we all knew what would more than likely be the most popular event each day/evening...we would head in that direction, even if we knew we wouldn't be that competative there or whether or not we would enjoy it. But at least if that was implemented, you'd possible race FWD 550pp knowing that tomorow, they'd have to come and try RWD 650pp etc.

Just a thought!

Last edited:
If you feel I am wrong, please either leave this topic, or PM me and do NOT post in this thread.

No offense, but denying constructive criticism is not the way to go about things.
I don't think you're "wrong" so to speak, just online interest didn't go becauase there was a lack of organised events, on the contrary, we had so many people couldn't possibly attend all of them. The reason online interest has fell dramatically is because Prologue has finally run out of steam and too many decent PS3 titles have been released recently, of which there were not many back in April/May.

I think this is a good idea, but I somewhat doubt it will last very long. The best thing to do is to either accept the interest has gone now or move on to other games. There's no point in hoping something will happen that will bring back most of the GTP drivers, because unless PD add something dramatically new or change something dramatically, most won't be coming back till GT5 I'm guessing.

I also don't think your problem is drivers not knowing when is best to join, but just a general lack of players.

Of course, don't let me stop you from organising this, because the longer you keep GT5:P alive, the better! This game continues to impress me how long its lasted despite featuring barely any content compared to full and finished games.

Last edited:
Been done before, here.

More events are more popular than others. As we just have been getting near full / full grids in the F430 event I cant see it fading away...... Ive said enough.

I disagree, I can always turn on the PS3 and find somewhere to race, whenever I do turn on the PS3 there are always at least ten people on my friends list playing GT5P. A quick message to them or post here @ GTP a boom, Im racing. ;) Also the WRS is great in the way every week its something new. Keeps me interested in GT5P anyway. You should give it a try if you cant find anyone to race. 👍

RPM_crx

Thoughts are great. 👍 :cheers:

Ardius nailed it with his comment.I will add to the fact,that until we see the private rooms roll around,I have a feeling that this is it.I have noticed this myself as well. Depressing :grumpy:

Once we get the rooms,events can be organized,and then I whole heartedly believe that we will see a MAJOR on-line uprise in GT play.

Monday - Mazda RX7 @ Suzuka 550pp

Tuesday - FWD @ Fuji 550pp

Wednesday - F2007 @ Fuji

etc?

we do like that at GTRP. today we are/was racing at

suzuka cirkuit 550PP @ xx05.15/xx.25.15/xx45.15
Ferrari 512BB 76

settings for 512BB:
Tyres front :SP/H
Tyres back:R/SH
Power: 292 PS /-18
Weight: 1400 Kg /100
Breaks: 7/5
Turning:50
Gang 1: 80 km/h 2.941
Gang 2: 125 km/h 1.884
Gang 3: 165 km/h 1.432
Gang 4: 205 km/h 1.155
Gang 5: 247 km/h 1.027
Höchster: ..............3.872
550 pp

thats a lot of fun. 👍

Rudi could you post up a timetable and race events you guys are to at GTRP. This way if we can't find any Gtp members to race race we could join in with you guys.

Rudi could you post up a timetable and race events you guys are to at GTRP. This way if we can't find any Gtp members to race race we could join in with you guys.
👍

Sounds like a plan.

I knew there would be those who are content racing the same people, in the same cars, at the same time, at the same track, every day of every month...but for me I just want to race like-minded people at all different tracks.

I give the F430's a go, but then the favour is never repaid for the FWD event at Fuji!

Oh well, looks like I'm in the minority with that outlook.

I have only seen about 5 GTP racers today in suzuka 550pp and the BTH- guys have the same time table as us and there not very clean races. I think a day for each event would be good, i would race other events if i knew people where going to be there.

I have only seen about 5 GTP racers today in suzuka 550pp and the BTH- guys have the same time table as us and there not very clean races. I think a day for each event would be good, i would race other events if i knew people where going to be there.
Good lad!

I personally don't want to be responsible for organising it (just yet) unless we get the larger percentage saying/thinking it's a good idea.

If people want to carry on doing their same race everyday, every week they still can - but those who want to see as many GTP members as possible, I think this system could work. Not sure how, but I just wanted to potentially get the ball rolling...

I think it's a great idea, loved your sandwich analogy.

I too think back to the 750PP days and wonder what happened. At least this thread is about fixing it and not about complaining about it.

I'm from the camp of it not mattering what car or track you are driving on, as long as you enjoy who you are racing with, and the competition puts you in the heat of the moments. I'd rather race a car I don't like in a popular race, than a car I do like alone.

I'm happy to stay positive and open-minded about this, after all the Thunder & Lightning events we organise are all about shaking things up a little and getting people out of their comfort zones. I'm pretty guilty of sticking to one thing I like and am competitive in, because I don't like to race and be slow, like I was in Mazda RX-7 Monday. But if I know it's the same for everyone, could be good.

I look forward to some proposed schedule of events 👍

All the best
Maz

I think it's a great idea, loved your sandwich analogy.
I too think back to the 750PP days and wonder what happened. At least this thread is about fixing it and not about complaining about it.

I'm from the camp of it not mattering what car or track you are driving on, as long as you enjoy who you are racing with, and the competition puts you in the heat of the moments. I'd rather race a car I don't like in a popular race, than a car I do like alone.
Me too!

Although, it made me hungry...

I'd like the input of one of the mods, or maybe 2...to see what they think of this idea.

Need help in thinking how it can/may be implemented.

- Individual day racing stickeys?

- Individual topics?

- One topic, including all daily races?

Need idea's...

:)

RPM_crx
To get the ball rolling, I would suggest that each online event should have a day dedicated to it.

This means you want to decide what GTP drivers are supposed to drive every day?

I don't think that's a good idea. Drivers should be free to drive what ever race they like. If you can only race two evenings a week and you're 'forced' to join races you don't like, chances are people get scared off to race at all.

Like Hyperuk stated, you'll always find someone to race with in your friends list and mostly you'll find even more tagged drivers when you enter a race. If you prefer to drive on another track or in another car, you can always send a message and ask them if they feel to change track or car.

I don't feel anything for an Official GTP Online Racing Schedule or anything of that matter. Ever since I joined the GT community in 2002, people have come up with interesting ideas for races and time trial competitions.
If you look around here in the GT5:P Race Events section, you'll find enough initiatives from various drivers. We had the Evora Cup, RX7 Cup, James Bond race and the F430 cup now. All very succesful. Therefore I'd like to keep on relying on the creative minds of our members.

You're also completely free to come up with your own races. If people like the race you come up with they might join and if nobody shows up, you just have to accept that the majority prefers something different. Personally I don't feel anything for stickies or racing schedules. Other race admins may disagree on this, but this is how I think about it. I noticed a lot depends on the events PD offers us anyway. With all the diversity in races now, I've seen the number of familiar faces online increase.

speaking for those rare people who CANNOT compete online, I wish I was one of those who could fulfill your request. I'd love some performance feedback. after 10 years of goofing off with 4 gran Turismos, I've settled into a scheme in the way I race.

if there was some way to save and post some of my GT Replays into a universal type format...

I´m not a GTP but i really enjoy racing with you and with anybody else who shares the values of clean racing but with no intention of just complaining i whould like to say that all this happens becausse PD has taken us a big part of choosing capacity.

We have to think more and better and do a bigger effort to compensate the lacks of this system they have impose us.

New events came up and it took so short to discover there was no way to be highly competitive on them if you were not driving the proper/s car on everyone of them.

Created a non-integra event on fuji, ok. After that should be created another non-integra non-focus event.

I really like driving Lancia Delta on Daytona Road 600 awd and i did it at the begining with some sucess, but when i got to the conclusion i had to drive Subaru i lost interest.

Just move your minds and try to make up something to avoid system failures.
You GTP guys and GTRP have been here for ages and know the piece very well, i´m sure if we all get toghether to work on it something good will come up.

I would like to propose this thread or a new one to write down any ideas people can have (even silly ones), in order to establish a racing system where things can be more equal on cars performance, driving skills and fair behaviour.

This means you want to decide what GTP drivers are supposed to drive every day?

I don't think that's a good idea. Drivers should be free to drive what ever race they like. If you can only race two evenings a week and you're 'forced' to join races you don't like, chances are people get scared off to race at all.

Like Hyperuk stated, you'll always find someone to race with in your friends list and mostly you'll find even more tagged drivers when you enter a race. If you prefer to drive on another track or in another car, you can always send a message and ask them if they feel to change track or car.

I don't feel anything for an Official GTP Online Racing Schedule or anything of that matter. Ever since I joined the GT community in 2002, people have come up with interesting ideas for races and time trial competitions.
If you look around here in the GT5:P Race Events section, you'll find enough initiatives from various drivers. We had the Evora Cup, RX7 Cup, James Bond race and the F430 cup now. All very succesful. Therefore I'd like to keep on relying on the creative minds of our members.

You're also completely free to come up with your own races. If people like the race you come up with they might join and if nobody shows up, you just have to accept that the majority prefers something different. Personally I don't feel anything for stickies or racing schedules. Other race admins may disagree on this, but this is how I think about it. I noticed a lot depends on the events PD offers us anyway. With all the diversity in races now, I've seen the number of familiar faces online increase.

I have to agree with Hugo here, as I don't like all the events that are currently up for racing in. So to be restricted to an event of NOT my choice would ruin it for me. I like the way it is, the last online event update was an improvement for me, as the previous couple of updates were pretty poor in my eyes. The current format works for me and I like some of the creative events that people have come up with.

It's a shame PD never listened to the number one feature required to make this game what it could and should have been! implementing Private Rooms into GT5P, as I'm pretty sure a good few drivers feel similar to myself and simply boycot the online racing and do the odd arcade race here and there instead :guilty:

I would love to race again online but after many a taste of how it was .. I only want to race with the people I know and enjoy racing with, I want to race against people who know how to race on the edge side by side and keep it totally clean! not against the idiots knocking me offtrack left right and centre and then think they can brush it all away by sending either a feeble apology or a silly insult, when and if they ever release a PR function I will be in there like a flash inviting the people I trust to race against and not just be put in a room with some fool who thinks he can race but can only use me as a moving wall or a target for his silly bumper car style driving :yuck:

Alas it seems it is not to be and if the main game GT5 has no private rooms when it gets released then I will be saying goodbye to gran turismo for good as it's simply not keeping up with the customers requests and needs :grumpy:

Sorry that's my view .. fingers crossed PD pull their fingers out sometime in the next year or so 💡

I'm realy surprised at how few people use the race chat. Just pop in, say hi and ask where everyone is racing. You can even make your own room for a particular event if it gets to crowded in main lobby.
Starting a thread to describe an event and maybe post best times and settings etc. is great, but most of the chatter in the threads could easier be done in the chat, like apologies or congrats on a great pass etc.
If you're worried about inappropriate language etc., I haven't realy seen any, there's usually a mod hanging around.

Last edited:
I actually like to read from the thread how are things going on a particular event. It many times get's me interested and makes me participate. If all (most) comments would be made through chat, I wouldn't get so good picture of what events are worth running. So I hope that you all still continue to 'chat' in these threads... ;)

👍

But I can also see your point RussRobit.

@ Mr P... I still think that you're missing great things by not running online atm. A few nights ago was incredible to see full grid of f430 rev'ing their engines. The sight was almost scary.. :D The time just needs to be right.. there's lot of clean and almost PR-like racing going on even with the crappy system that PD has given us. ;)

edit, I know that you most likely won't be changing your views on this, but I now and then like to remind you that you're beeing missed on the track. Was always so good fun to race with you :cheers:

Thanks Timo, I simply have a short fuse and don't want to have the anger management sessions again .. so until PR I will be sitting on the sidelines as 1 great turn out in 10 doesn't justify going back for me ;)

Would be a great add on if I could come in and view these races online as a spectator to see how it has transgressed without actually taking part, now that would be a cool feature also in my view 👍 Enjoy your races guys and I look forward to joining again when we have some kind of control over the entrants :cheers:
Cheers
Ron.

We tried dedicated times of day for specific events in the beginning and it failed miserably because people preferred to drive the events they like rather than a GTR 50% of the day.
I blame the low level interest on other games, like it or not GT is not the be all end all of gaming (well, actually, it is :P), but that doesn't stop people from wanting to play other good games for a break/change. I often see my PSN buddies playing other games now, and notice they're generally good ones, like Midnight Club LA and MGS4

Could agree more with Hugo and Russ.

If these racers are forced to race a car they dont enjoy they arent going to bother. Yeah you might see the normal guys drop in but alot of people wont. Also being forced to race takes away the special events such as the Star Wars Event, Evora Cup, F430 Cup etc. When someone comes up with the idea people will think straight away they are being told to race it again and wont bother. These events are popualr enought at the minute and people enjoy racing them, they arent being told to race them.

Alot of people dont use the race chat. The normal faces pop in and slowly new members drop by when we hint at them to come in. The race chat is much easier to link up with other races. Instead of waiting for someone to read and reply to your post, within a few seconds you can find out where people are racing and join in. Even make a custom race if you wanted ;)

Things work fine at the minute. There is enough people still around to keep events the way they are.

Who said anything about forcing people to race?

I think some of you are getting confused with what I wrote.

I'm suggesting, merely, that if there are people out there like me who like more than one event, they could find a packed out race rather than just one. I often don't rate at some of the events because I know there will only be 1-2 people there maximum.

For those who are content with how things are, they can carry on as normal - obviously!

HI GUYS

I think you are missing another important factor: holidays. Come on guys, is only January 5th...I think you can judge if there is a lack of interest in February,when many people should be back on track with their "normal life"...

Just my opinion, kind regards

For me personally, GT5P is just about played out.
I've had terrific value for my money, but we've wrung everything out of the existing content. We're doing all our racing on 2 or 3 tracks and it's getting tedious.
People are generally drifting away and playing something else.

For me personally, GT5P is just about played out.
I've had terrific value for my money, but we've wrung everything out of the existing content. We're doing all our racing on 2 or 3 tracks and it's getting tedious.
People are generally drifting away and playing something else.

That is exactly how I was beginning to feel, so I got a wheel for Christmas, looking to get more out of a game I love. I would definitely be playing again with my new wheel, maybe crashing a lot as I get used to it, but my PS3 is broke and I won't get a refurb until next week. I know I am not the only person with a broken PS3, so that could definitely stop people playing GT5p too.

Personally, I've been hit with other obligations so I'm in a work frenzy at the moment. I fully expect that at some point I'll get back on GT5p online- after all I did sort out some workable cars for me, and started to learn to race manual transmission entirely because of GTPers and online racing.

So for me it's not 'played out', it's 'I have not yet begun to race' :)

Maybe there are others like that...

Back