WES - Race 7 - The Trials of 'Mans - RESULTS POSTED

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tyre King
  • 33 comments
  • 2,048 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyre King

Sleep! Who needs Sleep?
Premium
Messages
2,756
United Kingdom
Carlisle,Cumbria,England!
Messages
Ballstothewall1
lemanswesbi2.jpg
:dunce:

The Trials of ‘Mans

Welcome one and all to the first of the timed races of the WES!
This, as the title suggests, will be a trial of driver and machine against the famous Le Mans I track
that has seen some of the most exciting racing anywhere in the world.

The actual combo was suggested by my good friend Phil (ERacer) and seconded by my other good friend Marty (Delfino) in the WES suggestions thread,
and this seemed (what with Christmas and New Year coming up) the perfect time to use it in an extended time frame.

Well, OK, lets get down to the nitty gritty!
​

This is a timed/limited lap race, what I mean by that is that you will race for 90 minutes OR 25 laps whichever comes first.
If the time runs out ON your 25th lap, you will report the time when you complete that lap, as if it was a 25 lap race.
If the time runs out on your 24th lap, you will again finish that lap and report that finish time by stopping the race and then saving your replay (The time given in the replay theatre is the exact time you last crossed the line), and state that you only completed 24 laps.

Clear as mud?

Tough! ;)


Mode : ARCADE
Race type : SINGLE RACE
Location: WORLD CIRCUITS / LE SARTHE I
Car: ITALY / PAGANI / PAGANI ZONDA LM RACE CAR ‘01

Initial Settings
Transmission : Manual/Auto - Your choice
Aids : NONE
Tyres : RH
A.I. : +10

Now go into the options screen, and adjust the settings in ARCADE to the following:

Number of Laps : 25
Tyre Wear : MILD
Driving Aids : NONE
Penalty : SPEED LIMITER
Time Limit : NONE

Exit, and now go into the quick tune-up section, and change the settings to the following:

Power : +0% @ 651 Hp
Weight: -10% @ 1035 Kg
Top Speed : ANY
Driving Aids : NONE
Transmission : Your Choice
Tyre Type : RACING
Front Tyres : ANY
Rear Tyres : ANY

You will now be set up for the race, there is no qualifying to do, just the race!

DEADLINE :
numberoneaq1bvm2.gif

Midnight GMT Sunday night, JANUARY 13TH

RULES:

You must use the settings laid out above at all times.
You must try to keep 2 wheels on the track at all times.
An occasional off is to be expected, but use your judgement and morals to decide if you have gained from it or not. If you have gained, or feel that you have taken an advantage from the off, then please bin the race and re-start.
A.I. contact is allowed, but NO penalties are allowed.
NO wall contact is allowed.
All podium times will be verified by the posting of either a replay or a photo of the screen showing your final time AFTER the deadline is past.
Any suspicious times will be investigated by either myself or where appropriate an NTSC user of my choice.
All decisions of the Administrator (me) are final, any cheating of any kind what so ever, will be dealt with in the appropriate manor.
You may discuss any splits or individual lap times, just not your final times.



Times should be sent to myself (Tyre King) via PM by the above deadline, as marked by the GTPlanet PM system time stamp.
Replays and screen shots should be posted in this thread after that time has passed.


Time sending format:

Name :
Race Time:
Number of laps completed:
Race Fastest lap:
Pitting strategy : BE SPECIFIC!

Neil
 
Obviously I set the bar a little high with this race, and as a result I only got two completed times in from Laszlo & Marty. Even I couldn't do it, though it was my own fault for not doing it earlier, a migraine got in the way over the weekend and I just couldn't face it.
Anyway, enough of the excuses from me, and I accept that maybe it wasn't the right combo to set for the festive season.
Live and learn eh?

Results:
GTXDriver : 25 laps : 91'44.723 : 3'32.287 : 4 pitstops
Delfino : 25 laps : 92'39.650 : 3'35.637 : 2 pitstops

​
Congratulations to both of you for doing the race, and doubly so to Laszlo for the win!

Neil
 
Results Will Go Here!
What about the beer?:grumpy::D

Anyhow, I have the time to do this one. One of my favorite tracks and one of my favorite cars=I'm in:tup:
 
Great car
Great track
Great challenge
Will i drive myself :crazy: .. again with the format :scared: .. theres an extra 10 minutes !
Hmmmm .. where are my notes from the Historic C class enduro {in the C9}
 
Yeah,yeah.

I know, race 7 it is! Not, race 6!

Give a guy a break.
Pregnant wife (with SPD, that only lets her get 2 hrs continuous sleep a night. So that's all I get! ), a foster kid that's 17 and obnoxious, a step son that's 21 and pissed all the time, 2 dogs, 3 cats, and on top of all that.......I have my own love of racing, pool and Guinness to up-hold!

Nah! Seriously, I'm loving this time in my life, and admit that I can't add 6 & 1 together. :dunce:

Sorted! (Seeing as it was so upsetting to some of you! ;) )

Neil
 
Was just trying to help, & prove that I can indeed read. ;-)
 
Sounds interesting, but if my access gets shut down in the meantime for this pissing match https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97692, it's been fun.

Don't fuss about it. As long as you haven't breached the AUP, or insulted anyone, then the worst you should get is a mild slap on the wrist by a Mod and told not to do it again.
All I can see is a mis-understanding about the rules, and a dis-agreement about how it should be handled.

Chin up son! Be a'rite! 👍:)

Neil
 
After some testing yesterday {with my all-girl pitt crew} Del has decided to run this race 3 times .. maybe 4 if sanity doesn't get in the way .

The Zonda does not like running with mis-matched tyres .. not this one anyway .. giving the front extra grip makes it too unpredicatable .

Love this track 👍
 
It's a strange car...I raced on RH's all around the car,in the first lap it was slippery a bit,then it was O.K..On the 6th lap the back of the car tended to overtake time to time.
Then I checked the tyre wear,I was not sure that I turned it to "mild" or not.It seemed too fast to eat the tyres just under six laps but it was set to mild... :ouch:
My fastest lap was 3'32.8xx on Hards.
 
:)
 
I found a good pace,opening lap is under 3'40 on RH's...on the tenth lap fuel was running out. :ouch:
S*%t!
 
I like this combo a lot and the battle with the AI's to maintain 1st place is a battle, indeed. Great setup Neil 👍

RH's front and back on this track makes for a nice 2-stopper for fresh tires and full fuel. Avg 3'40's but may need to experiment with the gearing, currently at 420.

Has anyone found a good gearing setting for this car/track combo?

ERacer
 
Two stopper on RH's?
How the hell do you do that?
I am using a 4 stopper at the moment on RH's...:ouch:
 
Two stopper on RH's?
How the hell do you do that?
I am using a 4 stopper at the moment on RH's...:ouch:

Well, as you all know, I'm not exactly the fastest driver. I have adopted Neil's strategy of smooothness. Although he reigns supreme as the Tyre King :) Slow in and fast out of the curves makes for less tire wear. But my lap time suffers - currently at around low 3'40's. I'm a tortoise :D

ERacer
 
Gearing set to 420kph, fastest lap in the 3'31's, average lap 3'32's.
Tyres lasting 7 laps on RH's all round.

Happy new year guys! I'll be 40 by the time I put up my next post! :ouch:

Neil
 
Happy birthday Neil and happy new years everyone .

Sorry to hear about the cold lousy weather in the horthern hemisphere .. been spending most of the last 12 days fishing golfing and swimming .. temps down here range from 25c' -35c' .

Away for the next three days .. hope to get some laps in .
 
It's been snowing HARD today!

For some reason my country that 'never' suffers cold,wet,snowy weather is for some reason surprised by todays conditions! IDIOTS!

Me? I'm tightly tucked up, with the misses, 3 seasons of 24 to watch (40th birthday presents) and a bottle of 25 year old "The GlenLivet" to keep me warm.

Do I need to venture outside, me thinks not!

Neil
 
Hey Neil! Happy belated Birthday! No snow in Connecticut, only freezing temps. Single malt sounds like the cure for today's conditions. :cheers:
 
You guys now have the chance to win this one...
I've managed a race with reallly good pace and then on the 23rd lap I made a mistake on way to the first part of the Mulsanne straight.I landed in the sand pit,lost about ten or so seconds plus I was not able to find the balance between tyre wear and speed.I was on a 4-pit strategy. :ouch:
Anyway,time sent to Neil.Happy birthday,buddy. :cheers:
 
I just can't get 25 laps in. I did find out a valuable lesson, you can't get 10 laps on a tank of gas. I was 1'30 into lap ten when I ran out, so I canned that attempt. I've probably run 50 laps but something always goes wrong and I start over. Hopefully I can get a complete run in by Sunday!!
 
Ive not touched the PS2 since well prior to christmas and can't get time to complete a decent 90 minute stint .
Thankfully i have my 'insurance' 1st attempt using a RSH/RSH , RSH/RSH , RH/RH combo .. which i'll more than likekly submitt .. unless theres a further extension .
 
If you guys want an extension? I have no objection to it at all.:)

Like yourselves I haven't had the time for a concerted full 90 minute attempt, but REALLY want to do it!

SO,

If you want one, pipe up now and I'll give an extra week!👍

Neil
 
I'm piping up, let's have an extension. Neil needs to play Guitar Hero this weekend:)
 
Make that 2 pipers!

I normally do not like the idea of extensions (must keep the series moving along) but with Christmas & New Year's keeping me from the game more than usual, I too could use an extra week in the Zonda at la Sarthe I. 👍

Edit:

Now on RM/RM throughout the race pitting 6/7/6/6 with lap times mid 3'30.xxx and having a blast duelling the Mercedes for 1st place. I kept the gearing at 380 which makes for much faster exits - no redline problems, either. The Merc will overtake down the Mulsanne which is fine with me because I can then slipstream down the straight. I then overtake the Merc after the sharp right after the Mulsanne Kink and the keep ahead of him throughout until we are flat out at the Hunaudieres again. Great fun but I suffered a 10 sec penalty on lap 12 when the other driver decided to hit the brakes too hard at the very end of the Mulsanne, so I binned the race. Very frustrating as I have attempted so many times to race very cleanly without any penalty but also having a blast battling the Merc.

Would really like another week to get back at that darn Mercedes driver :)

ERacer
 
OK!

Extension granted! New deadline is 23.59.99999 GMT 13th Jan!

Party on!
 
YES!!!! Thank you, Tyre King. A chance to avenge myself. That disrespectful Hun shall be mine! Muahaaahhaaa .......

ERacer
 
Guys, I think I’ve had it with that idiot Mercedes-Benz AMG Race Car driver. :banghead:

After more than 500 laps – some of which have been amazingly exciting, hard-fought and worthy of “YouTube” – I’m ready to strangle that driver. Words alone cannot express my frustration. Yes, I have logged over 500 laps in the Pagani Zonda LM Race Car '01 at la Sarthe I against the Mercedes. I'm now intimately familiar with the Zonda’s handling and la Sarthe’s challenges. The turns, breaking points, gear changes - it’s almost automatic, now. Very relaxed. Except for a few new exciting moments, my replays all look the same. On la Sarthe, I like the Zonda’s gearing set to 370; tires are RM/RM throughout the race; pitting three times at 7:6:6:6. The end of that 7th lap is very touchy through the Porsche curves but even so, not too much time lost. Averaging 3'34.xxx per lap – only because I’m drafting that idiot Mercedes driver!! I feel this pace and pit strategy could possibly get me on the podium. But I can’t finish mistake-free.

It's a love-hate thing between the German and me; I need the Merc so I can draft it down the Mulsanne and all the way to the Porsche Curves where it slows down. I pass the panicked Hun so we don't bump fenders. I avoid a 10 sec penalty. He usually catches up with me just before the first chicane (L’Arche chicane). It’s a delicate balance of drafting him and avoiding him. After 500 laps, you get to know his breaking points and problem areas on the track. Or so I thought, because no matter how careful I am, the dummkopf either a) slams into me, destroys my line and I go off course, or b) edges me off the track and into the gravel, or c) passes me and then slams his brakes at a spot previously “un-slammed.”

What have I done to deserve such treatment PD? Sony? I’m a major consumer of Sony products. I’m buying a PS3 when GT5 comes out. I’m a patient man. I race cleanly. I don't cut corners. But your AI has me all twisted up! Why, oh why, P."Diddy"Digital, in your infinite wisdom, did you design the AI void of any intelligence?!!?? Or common sense?! Or passing skills!!? Is that too much to ask for in this age of advanced gaming? Huh, PD??? C’mon!!!

When we're all truly online with GT5, at least we could ban recless drivers from the series.

Ok … I’m having a few drinks in the Driver’s Lounge. I’ll buy you all a few rounds! Hope to see you there. 👍

ERacer

EDIT: Officially a DNF for me. I will post a relatively short (4 laps) battle between the Merc driver and myself, just to share my pain. :ouch:
 
Get your times in guys, 1 1/2 hrs to go!

Will post up the results and the next, much easier, combo tomorrow. Hopefully by then the migraine I have had for two days will have eased off enough for me to stand looking at a screen for more than 5-10 mins without the sparklies driving me nuts.

Neil
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back