[WET DREAMS] - One day, will GTS ever rain?

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 31 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Rain in racing games, currently, is almost a must.

Interlagos can not exist without rain. Silvertone too.

We all want showers. GTS has the option of using rain tires.

Will GTS one day have the tools to run in the rain? Or is this only possible on PS5?

By "we" who do you mean?

I absolutely, without question, despise rain races. They look pretty, but they suck. They suck in real life and they suck in games.

Sure, I like watching a wet race because it's so unpredictable, but I have no desire to ever see them in the game.

I think they will arrive one day, we have wet tyres and even a wet stage in the missions.

By "we" who do you mean?

I absolutely, without question, despise rain races. They look pretty, but they suck. They suck in real life and they suck in games.

Sure, I like watching a wet race because it's so unpredictable, but I have no desire to ever see them in the game.

Racing in the wet doesn't suck when you're on wet race-tyres :D recently ran on track on a 2017 GSXR1000 (profile picture, different day), no traction control, with full wets. The grip was unreal, like voodoo magic.

It's pretty much a given, as there are places in the screens Sport races that shows you the weather is sunny, and wet Tyres are a option.

It will come in an update sooner or later.

But dynamic weather and dynamic time, these are the real deal and what we should be worried about not coming to the game.

I think they will arrive one day, we have wet tyres and even a wet stage in the missions.

Racing in the wet doesn't suck when you're on wet race-tyres :D recently ran on track on a 2017 GSXR1000 (profile picture, different day), no traction control, with full wets. The grip was unreal, like voodoo magic.

Nope... I hate it. I hate the water creeping up my arm. I hate the water seeping into my helmet. I hate the unpredictable nature. I hate it all.

As far as the game goes, it's like driving on the comfort tires. No fun.

We all want showers. GTS has the option of using rain tires.
I don't, before i deleted Project Cars 2 i raced at Silverstone in the rain with the new rain puddles thing and it was hopeless to drive in a straight line and that was with heavy rain tires :grumpy: and with all aids on :crazy:, that with other things i didn't like, was the reason why i deleted it, Assetto Corsa is great without rain and so are GT Sport.

Surprised how much hate wet racing has. I enjoy it a lot, at least virtually. Though, I'm not sure GT is in a place physics wise, where it would be enjoyable...

Absolutely hate driving in the rain. Having rain and rain effects in GT Sport will have huge consequences on frame rates, amongst other issues
I know. But reducing the number of cars on the track could be an option.

From what i saw with this short driving lessons on wet tracks i liked feeling of driving in the rain. I like how car behaves graphically reflections looks really nice it should be added in the future.

Rain was in earlier GT, try finding a lobby with rain back then and everyone quit because they couldn't handle it.

I remember getting Driveclub VR, I read lots of complaints that it didn't have drive clubs rain.

I later got dirt rally VR, it has rain, sleet, and snow. I hated the visibility loss and hoped for dry weather.

Rain in video games has little to no effect on visibility for anyone except cockpit view users, pretty much a waste of resources in my opinion. I could lose the indicators for a wiper button though.

Well, considering that the GTS has a choice of wet and intermediate tires and the fact that the rain on Suzuka can be seen in the video about the Honda Sports Vision GT, I think that it will definitely appear in future updates.

I absolutely HATE rain in racing games!!!!!!! I hope they do not add rain!!!!!!!!! I also play MLB The Show, and rain sometimes comes up as an option, thank goodness you can change it..I mean really?!?!? If it is raining baseball games get delayed, so why even have it in there?

I like rain races from the perspective that everyone is driving in it, everyone is affected by it, and everyone has to adjust to it. Those who adjust better will place better. Also, patience is rewarded -- imagine that! :D And it's a good way to "mix things up" a little.

Otherwise I much prefer dry track conditions.

Nope... I hate it. I hate the water creeping up my arm. I hate the water seeping into my helmet. I hate the unpredictable nature. I hate it all.

As far as the game goes, it's like driving on the comfort tires. No fun.

Supergrip tyres is what is boring and unrealistic. I don't like racing games because the car can turn at every speed. For that feeling we had nfs, wipeout etc..

I usually race on sport hard and comfort tyres with road cars. I do that since GT5. I also don't understand why people use racing tyres with road cars.

By your post I see you wouldn't understand a race in Suzuka or Nurburgring with the F40 with changing dynamic weather from dry to wet. That was real fun in GT5

Supergrip tyres is what is boring and unrealistic. I don't like racing games because the car can turn at every speed. For that feeling we had nfs, wipeout etc..

For race cars i usally use racing hard tires, soft or supersoft gives too much grip and makes it less fun.

I usually race on sport hard and comfort tyres with road cars. I do that since GT5. I also don't understand why people use racing tyres with road cars.

I tried Racing Soft tires on the Mercedes AMG road car and it didn't help that much, because the handling was stock road car, i was a bit surprised, because i thought it should be much better than Sport Soft, it was a bit better with Racing Soft, but not that much.

I wouldn't mind a rain race every now and then, but I would hope they don't go over-the-top with them, like DriveClub did.

By your post I see you wouldn't understand a race in Suzuka or Nurburgring with the F40 with changing dynamic weather from dry to wet. That was real fun in GT5

By "super grip" do you mean replicating the real world difference between a soft street tire and a racing slick? Because GTS does a very good job on that.

By your post, I see you don't understand that your idea of "fun" is not a popular one. How many rain lobbies were there in GT5 or GT6? How often did the online leagues host rain races? Have you taken that Lamborghini in your picture to a wet track day to see how much "fun" it is?

If you like rain, throw comfort tires on your car and pic a cloudy lighting configuration. Why should the rest of us suffer?

Take a poll. See how many people would rather they added rain back in versus another track or a new car. Where would rain rank against pretty much ANY other new feature? I am going to bet pretty low on the totem poll of things to add to this game. I'd take day/night cycles before rain. Heck, I'll take a return of snow rally before rain.

By "super grip" do you mean replicating the real world difference between a soft street tire and a racing slick? Because GTS does a very good job on that.

By your post, I see you don't understand that your idea of "fun" is not a popular one. How many rain lobbies were there in GT5 or GT6? How often did the online leagues host rain races? Have you taken that Lamborghini in your picture to a wet track day to see how much "fun" it is?

If you like rain, throw comfort tires on your car and pic a cloudy lighting configuration. Why should the rest of us suffer?

Take a poll. See how many people would rather they added rain back in versus another track or a new car. Where would rain rank against pretty much ANY other new feature? I am going to bet pretty low on the totem poll of things to add to this game. I'd take day/night cycles before rain. Heck, I'll take a return of snow rally before rain.

Of course my preference was not popular and that's great because only people with some skills would join those lobbies. We had a group of like 10 - 15 people we enjoyed it that way. We are teaming up again and meeting new people in GT sport. If you see a lobby called: Same car only, no tuning, sport hard tyres theres a chance one of us would be inside.

I don't know what you're talking about the Lamborghini in my profile. It's a picture I took in GT5 that's all. And yes I race it in the rain in GT5/6. The records of circuits in real life are with the stock tires from factory most of times. Again I don't see the point of using racing tires with road cars. I use racing and sport tires with race cars.

I'm not the only one who thinks this way, and this is only my opinion of course, if you dont want rain dont use it, easy.

For race cars i usally use racing hard tires, soft or supersoft gives too much grip and makes it less fun.

I tried Racing Soft tires on the Mercedes AMG road car and it didn't help that much, because the handling was stock road car, i was a bit surprised, because i thought it should be much better than Sport Soft, it was a bit better with Racing Soft, but not that much.

You would have better turn speed using racing soft with a road car. The point I'm trying to make is for a more true to life experience is better to use the stock tires. Also I had fun with rain using roadcars. That's all

I'm not the only one who thinks this way, and this is only my opinion of course, if you dont want rain dont use it, easy.
It would be easy if you could turn off the rain in Project Cars 1-2 career, but you can't, and i don't think we could do that in GT5 (don't remember, since it's long time since i played GT5) career either, so no we don't have the option, we have to drive in the weather choosen by the developers or just race custom races.

Edit.

But the best solution would be to give us the option to drive in rain in custom races and have the career and online in dry weather, then we would have the option ;).
But i don't miss to race in rain, in both PC and GT it was like driving on ice with worn out tires.

Last edited:
Even though it looks great, it is pretty hard to simulate what will happen to track and car, so even if we get something like that, it will be very basic, wich I don't want TBH.

And since we don't have 24h cycle in game, I doubt we'll have something like that... but who knows...

We had rain in Northern Isle Speedway already in the earlier missions I think it was (I think they will add wet tracks or rain to the game at some point early next year and maybe even snow (If they bring Chamonix-Mont-Blanc snow track back from GT6 ;))

I took this Screen shot of the rain

Of course my preference was not popular and that's great because only people with some skills would join those lobbies. We had a group of like 10 - 15 people we enjoyed it that way. We are teaming up again and meeting new people in GT sport. If you see a lobby called: Same car only, no tuning, sport hard tyres theres a chance one of us would be inside.

....Again I don't see the point of using racing tires with road cars. I use racing and sport tires with race cars.

Thank you, finally someone agrees with me on this. I'll have to keep my eye out for that lobby. I love racing normal street cars. Every time I find one, there's no tire restrictions so everyone is running RSS tires. Even on N100 cars...(?!) Creating my own street car lobby with tire restrictions ends up with people joining, can't drive, crash, rage quit.

I would love to see dynamic time and weather components, but it would just end up in people joining, can't drive, crash, rage quit.

I don't know what you're talking about the Lamborghini in my profile. It's a picture I took in GT5 that's all. And yes I race it in the rain in GT5/6. The records of circuits in real life are with the stock tires from factory most of times. Again I don't see the point of using racing tires with road cars. I use racing and sport tires with race cars.

I hate the "skill" comment on tires. If you're so skilled, why aren't you #1 on the list? You know why? Because it takes just as much skill to drive on sticky tires, if not more. Don't kid yourself. Car control is car control.

IRL a race tire can gain you 5-6 seconds a lap over a soft street tire. The game is doing a great job of replicating that. If you still think that the race tires are "arcade" tires then you have no idea what you are talking about. I mentioned the Lamborghini in your photo because I wanted to know if you have any real world experience to compare against or if your experience is all based on what you see and perceive?

See, because I am talking from actual experience, not my perception of reality.

As far as being "not the only one who thinks this way", as I said, make a list of features you'd like to see...heck, make a poll, and see how many people pick rain over anything else.

You would have better turn speed using racing soft with a road car. The point I'm trying to make is for a more true to life experience is better to use the stock tires. Also I had fun with rain using roadcars. That's all

Again, is this your "true to life" experience? Because my true life experience is that people either drive slow at track days so they do not to destroy their tires, and I'm talking track day tires, or they bring slicks with them. Have you seen what happens to a street tire when you push it at the track? Go ahead, google that up! You'll find pictures like this:

Bad%20Tire.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, finally someone agrees with me on this. I'll have to keep my eye out for that lobby. I love racing normal street cars. Every time I find one, there's no tire restrictions so everyone is running RSS tires. Even on N100 cars...(?!) Creating my own street car lobby with tire restrictions ends up with people joining, can't drive, crash, rage quit.

I would love to see dynamic time and weather components, but it would just end up in people joining, can't drive, crash, rage quit.

Exactly, people usually enter the online room, get the wrong car (if the room name says road car they would get a gr.3 or vision gt), crash in the first corner or ruin your first race... an then they leave the room. That's why I race with serious people and we try to race as clean as posible. Send me a friend request if you want. I'm not at home at the moment but I would be playing in a few days: PSN id: "El_GhostChild" :cheers:

I have recently been playing F1 2017 quite a bit and the rain looks and plays great in game. I don’t agree about the frame rate issue. Look at what driveclub achieved a few years back

Back