WGT1 -- final results and standings up -- Red_Leader is champion --

  • Thread starter Thread starter P1K3Y_M1k3Y
  • 1,355 comments
  • 67,590 views

What is the earliest you could arrive on Saturday's (GMT)?

  • 1pm

    Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 2pm

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3pm

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 4pm

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 5pm

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 6pm

    Votes: 8 40.0%

  • Total voters
    20
First of all sorry for just leaving after the race. Wasn't in the best of moods.

Not that it made much difference, I couldn't get a decent lap together in quali, always made a mistake somewhere.

Then the race.... end of lap 1, it was drying, I pit for slicks.. enter pit-lane just as it starts raining again, and ive already confirmed slicks. End of lap 2, pit again for inters. 2 laps, 2 stops. Wasn't too bad on the inters, but as soon as it went above 60% standing water I was done. I was going to park up in pits at that point, but carried on coasting off into gravel just in-case others were doing the same. Next thing I remember is being lapped, and that was kind of the nail in the coffin for me, ran out of motivation from there.

Had a little scrap with Glen when it started to dry out, but I was effectively a pit-stop behind him. Did get my hopes up towards the end when RS spun through Porsche Curves (thought it was Glen) and again on the penultimate lap when Mike ran out of fuel (I thought that has to be Glen... ) but no.
 
well..after starting on mediums i pitted end of lap 2 i think, and wasn't paying attention and pressed ok on the pit selection without looking at what tyres went on..i leave the pits convinced that i'm still on mediums,so i drive a lap cursing myself for being so stupid and pit again only to find i was on the inters..grrrr..and then a good few laps later in for wets and all was fine untill it starts to dry..so i jump into the pits put on mediums at about 64% wet track...OMG no grip 6 and a half minute lap here i come..lol.seriously underestimated how slippy it would be. pit again next lap and that made sure i wasn't getting 4th....but hey ho you live and learn! :)
 
First of all sorry for just leaving after the race. Wasn't in the best of moods.

Not that it made much difference, I couldn't get a decent lap together in quali, always made a mistake somewhere.

Then the race.... end of lap 1, it was drying, I pit for slicks.. enter pit-lane just as it starts raining again, and ive already confirmed slicks. End of lap 2, pit again for inters. 2 laps, 2 stops. Wasn't too bad on the inters, but as soon as it went above 60% standing water I was done. I was going to park up in pits at that point, but carried on coasting off into gravel just in-case others were doing the same. Next thing I remember is being lapped, and that was kind of the nail in the coffin for me, ran out of motivation from there.

Had a little scrap with Glen when it started to dry out, but I was effectively a pit-stop behind him. Did get my hopes up towards the end when RS spun through Porsche Curves (thought it was Glen) and again on the penultimate lap when Mike ran out of fuel (I thought that has to be Glen... ) but no.

Its a pain in the arse when you think your catching the car closest to you only to find its a lapper..lol.. been there so many times and its always a kick in the balls!.. i passed rs when he spun in the porsche curves so u could'nt have been that far back.
 
Sounds like you both had tyre woes. I think it's always going to happen with changeable weather races. Hope Spa is dry. Although Europe in late October, probably not, as we found out yesterday. Same for Monza and Nordschleife.

Well done to all who saw it through to the end. Extremely tricky conditions throughout for the rear drive cars.
 
I started also with RM. I was hoping it will start drying but you all know what happened.
My pits:
-lap 2: changed to M ->Inter + 10l fuel
-5: changed Inter ->Rain + 20 l fuel
-16: changed Rain -> Inter + 70l fuel
-24: stayed Inter + 32 l fuel
-27: finally dry enough to go slicks, changed Inter ->Racing Hard(!) - didn't noticed tires after i confirmed :)
Put also 8 l fuel for sure

I think my risk move/mistake was to start with Mediums but who will thought what kind of weather we'll have during the race. Weather setting was 25% so how it can goes to even 100% :confused:
 
the weather setting (as far as i'm aware) is this:

0% = dry
25% = overcast / drizzle
50% = light rain
75% = medium rain
100% = downpour

the % on screen just shows standing water level, so even if its just light rain, eventually the standing water will build up to 100%.
 
So when it was night standing water didn't dry - after sun rose it's start drying. Right?
 
Why did DJ and Dan retire again?

I would guess because neither of them ever do any practice or setup work and then wonder why their car doesn't handle like everyone else's :lol:

So when it was night standing water didn't dry - after sun rose it's start drying. Right?

That's what I saw.


The race I thought was very interesting although quiet with not enough drivers attending and then too many mistakes from most of the drivers causing the field to split.

I had a good race once I got going but I made some mistakes in the opening laps meaning I was 45 seconds down by the Mulsanne straight on lap 2 :(

This was mostly because having seen the rain in spec check I decided to attempt to save myself the early stop and went straight for the wet tyre.
As the race started I got just a little concerned with the sight of no rain and of course had no grip so went to pit for the medium tyre when it started raining so quickly changed my mind but the track still not wet enough cost me more time until everyone pitted and I got to continue :D unfortunately I had already use too much of my tyres and had to pit on lap 8 anyway :( decided to 3 stop then so fueled for a 3 stop and then found the tyres lasted really well so decided on my second stop to attempt to not stop again. Fueled right up and headed out on the inter hoping the track would just stay wet enough to get to the end. This didn't go to plan and I found myself pitting for the medium tyre but didn't fuel up thinking I had enough from the last stop. Umm this also didn't go to plan as I ran out of fuel at the start of the Porsche curves on the final lap and was very glad to see RS spinning at this point but was still worried about the cars coming up behind me until I saw it was Glen and Caine :scared: :crazy:


I don't think I will have time to look at the replay today so will most likely be tomorrow before I get a look at it so results will be Tuesday.
 
I ruined my race when I pitted on about lap 11 and put medium slicks on at around 94% surface water - big mistake. One 8 and half minute lap later I pitted to put wets back on. I was running quite well up until that point too.

I'm always slightly confused when people say they've run out of fuel. The game automatically works out how much fuel you need, so you might as well just fuel up while you're in the pits. You're going to have to put it in at some point anyway, so is it worth the risk of running out of fuel just to have a few laps with a slightly lighter fuel tank?
 
The game's fuel calculations aren't 100% accurate. If you put tyre+ fuel on fast or very fast, it only calculates as if it was on normal. And the normal calculations can be a long way out too.

Personally I find about .5 a lap depending on track by being lower on fuel, so on a 20 lap stint that's 10 seconds, you get 3 + stints and its a free pitstop at least.

At a pit-stop, you get ~ 15 litres 'free' (the time it takes to change tyres), so during these races I try to run my tank down as fast as possible, only taking on the 'free' 15 litres at the stops (maybe a little more If i'll need a few extra litres to reach the end of the stint) But once I'm down to the last 5 ltrs, all I then need to fuel for is the stint ahead.

The other bonus is, when you are on less fuel, the tyres last a little longer.. usually :lol:

But of course, wet weather changes things a little
 
Hey Mickey

I would like to take part of next race at Spa
plz consider me
 
Hey Mickey

I would like to take part of next race at Spa
plz consider me

Please check the 1st page information and select a car from the list (although some cars will be becoming available tomorrow when I have a sort out)


For everyone else, I am about to review the replay from Le Mans.
 
I have finished watching the replay and there is nothing much to report so the race result will stay as was. I am just waiting on a reply from the stewards on one matter (you all have a PM) then I can post the tables and confirmation of the race result 👍

On another note from the race, I wondered how I managed to use a set of medium tyres in 6 laps in the last stint. That would be because I wasn't on the medium slick tyre but still on the intermediate tyre :lol: oops :banghead:
 
Last edited:
Oops indeed but still a very good result considering you were well down the time sheet in the dry and had any number of spins/gravel baths, ropey tyre choices and ran out of fuel. Makes the fact you finished a relatively easy 2nd even more amazing!
 
Last edited:
The Hard Charger Award​

This award is for the most overall positions gained during the race:​


gold.png
P1K3Y_M1K3Y - Glen-Alz-81 (-3)
silver.png
N/A
bronze.png
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The Jump Start Award​

This award is for the most positions gained by the first corner:​


gold.png
Dj_Repetition (-5)
silver.png
Glen-Alz-81 (-2)
bronze.png
GTP_Caine (-1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The Green Peace Award​

This award is for the least amount of tyres used during the race and highest finishing position:​


gold.png
P1K3Y_M1K3Y (3 stops -- 2nd)
silver.png
Red_Leader (4 stops -- 1st)
bronze.png
RS__96__o0 (4 stops -- 3rd)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The What Fuel Load? Award​

This award is for the earliest fastest lap for the overall race:​

gold.png
RS__96__o0 (4'02.754 -- lap 2)
silver.png
P1K3Y_M1K3Y (4'00.879 -- lap 27)
bronze.png
GTP_Caine (3'54.212 -- lap 28)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The Home Stretch Award​

This award is for the latest fastest lap for the overall race:​

gold.png
Red_Leader (3'52.097 -- lap 31)
silver.png
Glen-Alz-81 (3'56.072 -- lap 29)
bronze.png
Jam_my21 (3'57.129 -- lap 29)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shortcut Award​

This award is for the overall fastest lap:​

gold.png
Red_Leader (3'52.097)
silver.png
GTP_Caine (3'54.396)
bronze.png
Glen-Alz-81 (3'56.072)
 
Last edited:
Le Mans Results

Sorry it's taken so long guys but here they are at last :D

Another low turn out with just 9 attending (but at least just over half grid)

QUALIFYING

LeMansQuali_zps81531b61.jpg


RACE

LeMansRace_zps5da0b271.jpg


INCIDENTS

Not much to report in the way of incidents just a few little pit exit issues

Dj_Repetition, Pit exit, Lap 6
Warning for crossing the pit exit line
This is your 2nd warning

Glen-Alz-81, Pit exit, Lap 12 & 21
Warning for crossing the pit exit line
This is your 1st warning

TotalSience, Pit exit, Lap 12
I will not award you with a warning for this as you had put the Medium tyre on by accident and so had no grip or control of your car.​
 
Last edited:
CURRENT STANDINGS

DRIVERS


Drivers_zps96731088.jpg


INDEPENDENTS

Independants_zps87ca0572.jpg


TEAMS

Teams_zps57c33cde.jpg


MANUFACTURER

Manufacturer_zps2daf5474.jpg
 
I hope I have got everything right :lol:

Now for the drivers being removed from the entry list for non attendance:
These will be:

GTP IWIN/IWINNUMBER1/WIN Racing/Audi R8 4.2 FSi
Duck149/Duck149/Irn Bru Autosport/Ford GT
rosckolove/dayofwar2009/Independent/Audi R8 FSi
Siggers/Sig1611/Independent/Lamborghini Gallardo
TBC/Addy-Da-Daddy/Independent/Ferrari 458 Italia
 
I think I have got everything, if anyone spots anything please say 👍
 
Err, I'm short 10pts in the Drivers and Independants. And the Ferraris have 5pts too many in the Manufacturers.
 
Err, I'm short 10pts in the Drivers and Independants. And the Ferraris have 5pts too many in the Manufacturers.

As usual you are right :lol: I'm useless at the tables :lol::banghead:

I will change the tables now but will wait to make sure there is no other changes before uploading them 👍
 
My fastest lap in the race leaderboard is not right..lap 29 3.56.072...6 pit stops..seemed like alot more..all i can say is i made a proper arse of that one..was almost like a comedy race for me..lol.. :) oh and the pit exits, dammit was doin well..i do remember one and trying to pull it back on but was to late. :(
 
Rob's fastest lap is wrong -- should be 3'52.097
and Glens as said above should be 3'56.072

some pit counts are wrong too: I stopped 5 times not 4, and gig+ dj didn't stop 8 + 9 times :lol:

As for the tables, like rob said he should be on 80 pts not 70 in the drivers + independants.

Venom Motorsports should be on 63 not 65, you overscored us by 2 at Daytona.

Dodge in manuf table should be on 65 not 67 (again overscored us by 2 at Daytona)

Other thing, DJ got 2 points at Daytona even though he retired. I'm guessing because he covered a certain race distance yes? Want to know because on my tables I haven't been scoring anyone who retires. Other than that all looks good 👍

one day you'll get it right Mike :lol:

---

edit, just noticed Iwin is still listed as a steward 👍
 
Last edited:
Nope, still not everything right at all :lol:
My fastest lap was the last one with a 3:51:7min

Other than that everything should be ok :D 👍
 
bah I hope you're lying... means i'll have to edit the awards too ! :( :lol:
 
bah I hope you're lying... means i'll have to edit the awards too ! :( :lol:
Just checked. And yes, a 3:51.7xx BUT it was quite dirty. I saw at least 6 times when all four wheels were outside of the white lines. And no throttle lift to give back advantage. :indiff: Someone else look but I'd be pretty upset if that was allowed to beat my totally clean lap.
 
Just checked. And yes, a 3:51.7xx BUT it was quite dirty. I saw at least 6 times when all four wheels were outside of the white lines. And no throttle lift to give back advantage. :indiff: Someone else look but I'd be pretty upset if that was allowed to beat my totally clean lap.

I don´t remember that, but you have seen the replay in contrast to me! Sorry for that, I´m ashamed :indiff:
Sometimes I want to get a fast time, but then I totally forget the track limits :banghead: Shouldn´t happen any more!
 
I will get all that changed tomorrow and updated 👍

Drivers retiring from the race have been awarded points if they have completed 70-75% of the race distance 👍
 
Race results and tables changed in OP 👍
 
Back