What´s your record on 2hr Rome

LIke the title says what´s your recodr in 2hr Rome ,that to say in laps,and I also would like to know what car you used.

My record is 98laps whit my GT1 TS020-98 wich I think is pretty good.

Originally posted by GT-one TS020
LIke the title says what´s your recodr in 2hr Rome ,that to say in laps,and I also would like to know what car you used.

My record is 98laps whit my GT1 TS020-98 wich I think is pretty good.

I did 91 with the r30 sillouette on normal tires

i just realized that that's bad

:D = :(

i didn't use the brakes because i thought that the race would end sooner but then i found out that it was by time limit

Originally posted by lsutiger7
i just realized that that's bad

:D = :(

i didn't use the brakes because i thought that the race would end sooner but then i found out that it was by time limit

Maybe you do it better next time!:lol:

Originally posted by Boosted Cobra
sorry, little off topic, what are you guys averaging per lap? Anybody drive it with the SaleenSR? I averaged mid to high 1:11.xx's with the saleenSR.

never taken a saleen around rome, but did 1:14 in a half tuned sillouette and 1:17's in my tuscan

lsutiger7 - no need to apologize, I realized it was an off-topic statement. Althought I just registered here, I am not new to forums. I did a search for "SaleenSR" but only a few threads were found and they didn't really have anything to do with the saleen.

But to answer your question, I am a Ford guy. I had a MustangGT when I was 16 and now I am 21 and have the 03 SVT Cobra. My favorite race series is called the Speedchannel's "World Challenge GT series." Its based on production cars and this is why I like it. Besides american iron and small races like that, (that do not show on TV), the World Challenge was as close to production cars as you can get. They had vipers, porsches, mustangs, corvettes, BMW's, ferrari's and more.

And ever since I was watching it the mustangs would struggle, they had the speed and hp but they just didn't have the handling. So in 1999-2000 Saleen produced the mustang Saleen SR. (saleen has been producing saleen mustangs since the 80's but this was the first time they made a mustang like this) The saleen SR is a mustang with a "wide body" kit, it widend the front and rear. The SaleenSR is the perfect mustang. Its lightweight (3100lbs) it has the 351 engine capapble of over 1000hp and it can handle better than a viper or ferrari.

So anyway, when Saleen debued the SaleenSR in 99-00 they completely dominated every race they were in. No other car came close. But, after 5 or so races saleen stopped racing with their SR and focused on their S7 (a whole new car, not a mustang) so it left the little private teams with the SR to compete. But then the world challenge series started making way too many restriction and rules for the american V8 cars and now the series is terrible IMO.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. But that is why I love the SaleenSR, its the best mustang and its very rare. You will never see one on the street, I almost garuntee it. The only people that have bought the SR are race teams. So once I finished GT2 thats the only car I used.

Back