What a fool…

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 3 comments

W3H5

Premium
Thailand
Thailand
I just rode down my street and saw my cat sitting outside a neighbour’s house a few houses before mine and exclaimed “Hello, Dolly!” loud and proud, as I usually greet my cats when I arrive home.

What I didn’t notice is that the neighbour was sitting on his front step, and from his position he couldn’t see my cat at the end of his garden. I noticed him immediately after I’d hollered the salutation and his expression was obviously one of confusion.

I’ve lived almost next to this guy for years and never spoken to him because we don’t share a common language, so I can’t even explain that I was talking to my cat.

I have to face him everyday now knowing he thinks I was yelling “Hello, Dolly!” at him out of the blue.

Hopefully you can laugh at my misfortune and I encourage anyone else who has made a fool of themselves to post here so that we may all laugh at your misjudgement.

I just rode down my street and saw my cat sitting outside a neighbour’s house a few houses before mine and exclaimed “Hello, Dolly!” loud and proud, as I usually greet my cats when I arrive home.

What I didn’t notice is that the neighbour was sitting on his front step, and from his position he couldn’t see my cat at the end of his garden. I noticed him immediately after I’d hollered the salutation and his expression was obviously one of confusion.

I’ve lived almost next to this guy for years and never spoken to him because we don’t share a common language, so I can’t even explain that I was talking to my cat.

I have to face him everyday now knowing he thinks I was yelling “Hello, Dolly!” at him out of the blue.

Hopefully you can laugh at my misfortune and I encourage anyone else who has made a fool of themselves to post here so that we may all laugh at your misjudgement.
When you say make a fool of myself, do you mean intentionally, accidentally or both?

Also, you may have gotten his attention because his name phonetically IS Dolly. Or you may have insulted him.

It’s funnier when it’s unintentional. Making a fool of yourself on purpose would be… foolish. ;)

If my neighbour’s name is Dolly, he’s probably wondering how I would know that.

I was standing in a grocery line once and my niece motioned to show me something on her phone. I looked at it and read aloud what was on the screen, "Are those long shorts or short pants?" She immediately hit my arm and her face was flushed red as she pointed to the guy in front of us and what he was wearing. Yeah... I'm not sure if he heard me or not.

Back