What about this Mission Race: Tsukuba 30 Laps fuel,tyres AND RAIN: just 5.000 Credit Payout`?

m76
Do they though? I mean in the game. Either way the mission doesn't allow for comfort tyres either so that's that.
Yeah they do, it has been like this since at least GT5. Comfort tires are better in full wet conditions compared to sport tires. If Inters or Wets are not available, then Sport tires are great for mixed conditions, Comfort tires are a step up in full wet conditions.

I used the Mercedes A45 AMG, on Sport Soft tires, and fuel mixture at level 6 the entire race. It was kind of an OP choice, lapped most of the grid.

I used the Mercedes A45 AMG, on Sport Soft tires, and fuel mixture at level 6 the entire race. It was kind of an OP choice, lapped most of the grid.
Most of the grid is really slow and gets lapped multiple times through the race. I only won the race by like 2 seconds, and the second one was still gaining on me in the mostly wet track.

Not sure why so many people think they need Racing:Wet tyres on their road car whenever theres a bit of rain?

Do you change your tyres on your real life cars when its raining? It's not necessary since you still have tread on comfort or sports tyres to displace water.

Not sure why so many people think they need Racing:Wet tyres on their road car whenever theres a bit of rain?

Do you change your tyres on your real life cars when its raining? It's not necessary since you still have tread on comfort or sports tyres to displace water.
LOL, this is a race, not driving down the A1 leisurely. Also the race is not restricted to street cars.

And people rarely take their sports car with semi slick sports tyres out when it's pouring down.

I wish I could switch to rain tyres in my road car when it rains, it's just not practical.

But if I was racing in a hobby race with a chance of rain, and I had a pit crew I'd definitely bring wet weather tyres. The game doesn't even allow you to put on comfort tyres.

Last edited:
m76
LOL, this is a race, not driving down the A1 leisurely. Also the race is not restricted to street cars.

And people rarely take their sports car with semi slick sports tyres out when it's pouring down.

I wish I could switch to rain tyres in my road car when it rains, it's just not practical.

But if I was racing in a hobby race with a chance of rain, and I had a pit crew I'd definitely bring wet weather tyres. The game doesn't even allow you to put on comfort tyres.
It doesnt matter where you're driving it, if the tyres didn't work they wouldnt work at any speed, much like slicks in the wet.

Racing wet tyres are not rain tyres that you'll be putting on your car... they're intended for race cars usually running on slicks that actually wont work in the wet.

Even uniroyal rain tyres will just be sports soft equivalent tyres, the softer compound helping it to still provide grip at lower temps.

It doesnt matter where you're driving it, if the tyres didn't work they wouldnt work at any speed, much like slicks in the wet.
That's the most concentrated nonsense I've read all week. And I've been reading this forum mind you.

Of course it matters where you are driving it, as you are not going as fast as possible on a public road, at least I hope you don't.

And speed matters for rain, the faster you drive the more water needs to be displaced from under the wheels. The semi slick tyres the game forces you to use work in mild rain or up to a certain speed, until the water becomes too much to push out for it's tiny and few groves.

Sport tires work like Intermediate tires in GT7, so they should be fine for 2/3 of the wetness indicator :)

m76
That's the most concentrated nonsense I've read all week. And I've been reading this forum mind you.

Of course it matters where you are driving it, as you are not going as fast as possible on a public road, at least I hope you don't.

And speed matters for rain, the faster you drive the more water needs to be displaced from under the wheels. The semi slick tyres the game forces you to use work in mild rain or up to a certain speed, until the water becomes too much to push out for it's tiny and few groves.
What's nonsense is thinking you need race specification wet tyres on a Supra to be able to drive it.

Its a fair point about driving faster in a straight line it needs to displace more water, but thats exactly what the tread exists for on a Sports tyre, its unnecessary to have racing tires.

Hit this mission this morning for the first go, I dislike sports tyres, SS's on a Yaris GR, fuel starved mode 3rd, 4th and 5th gears only, two stops and finished second behind a Porsche, I'm sure with some front downforce to get it turn in most 4x4's would bronze or better just don't sit spinning the wheels in the wet in 1st gear.
(34mins for 5k credits is a terrible reward could have got 825k in the same time or less at LeMans).

Last edited:
Back