What am I doing wrong?? (PC)

VolkswagenX

(Banned)
Netherlands
Netherlands
I'm really having a hard time with this game and keeping the car on the road. I've been tryng with the 911 and 488 to put down a good lap on Monza but the best I can do so far is a low 1.52 and high 1.51. Only the first part of Monza is doable for me. From Lesmo 1 up to the parabolica every corner feels like I'm on ice. I've tried the base and aggrassive setups plus some of the recommend setups found online but nothing seems to work.

I've tried these same cars on Monza in AC and RF2 and I don't get this driving on ice feeling I'm getting from ACC. Many people are playing this game and the online racing in this game really appaels to me. I'm on a CSL Elite.

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm really having a hard time with this game and keeping the car on the road. I've been tryng with the 911 and 488 to put down a good lap on Monza but the best I can do so far is a low 1.52 and high 1.51. Only the first part of Monza is doable for me. From Lesmo 1 up to the parabolica every corner feels like I'm on ice. I've tried the base and aggrassive setups plus some of the recommend setups found online but nothing seems to work.

I've tried these same cars on Monza in AC and RF2 and I don't get this driving on ice feeling I'm getting from ACC. Many people are playing this game and the online racing in this game really appaels to me. I'm on a CSL Elite.

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
In ACC, I think the speed of the POV relative to the actual slip angle of the car is too slow, so you're not getting any warning that the rear tyres are about to lose grip. You only realise it long after the tyres have begun to slide. Some have argued that you should feel the tyres losing grip to correct the slide, but IMO it's best to finely hone how you read the road so that you can anticipate what's going to happen a split second before it does.

I tried different camera views and that helped a bit. Hood cam was best for pace, Helmet Cam was best for handling. Helmet cam works verry good with going over the curbs but felt slow. Dash cam was the worst.

Still felt like I had to be very carefull in all corners and didnt feel like I could attack.

I tried different camera views and that helped a bit. Hood cam was best for pace, Helmet Cam was best for handling. Helmet cam works verry good with going over the curbs but felt slow. Dash cam was the worst.

Still felt like I had to be very carefull in all corners and didnt feel like I could attack.
Believe me, the POV is too slow. I even mentioned this to Ermin Hamidovic who agreed. I'd play ACC, but it's just far too difficult to really push, even with a neutral setup. It's pity because the rest of it is really good (PD I think would have done better to keep their game more pure and simple IMO).

I've often said that bumper view gives the best response in GT, followed by cockpit then roof then chase. The closer you are to the ground, the earlier the warning of a change in yaw, whilst chase cam is the slowest but gives you the best view.

I know the POV speed in GT is good and have often wondered if it's not too sensitive, or if it has been deliberately enhanced to give the player a few split seconds extra time to catch a slide, but it has to be pretty close to real life.

Last edited:
Believe me, the POV is too slow. I even mentioned this to Ermin Hamidovic who agreed. I'd play ACC, but it's just far too difficult to really push, even with a neutral setup. It's pity because the rest of it is really good (PD I think would have done better to keep their game more pure and simple IMO).
A real shame Ermin quit making videos on youtube. His videos is what got me into RF2. The problem with that game is finding a race online. GTS and ACC are the only 2 real choices when ik comes to start up the game and race online. I try going back to GTS once in a while but the horrible penalty system really turns me off. Many people seem to be enjoying ACC so it felt like there must be something very wrong with the way I play the game.
I've often said that bumper view gives the best response in GT, followed by cockpit then roof then chase. The closer you are to the ground, the earlier the warning of a change in yaw, whilst chase cam is the slowest but gives you the best view.

I know the POV speed in GT is good and have often wondered if it's not too sensitive, or if it has been deliberately enhanced to give the player a few split seconds extra time to catch a slide, but it has to be pretty close to real life.
I started of with bumper view in GT when I got my first wheel. The only real problem I had with that view is that I couldnt really handle curb stones in that view which became a problem on some tracks. Made a switch to hood/roof cam which heped a lot. I know GT is not the most realistic, but the feeling you get from the cars is really good and I would still be playing GT everyday if it wasn't for the penalty system. I prefer the penalties in ACC. Might seem harsh to penalize every car contact, but I think it's the only way to get people to race clean.

A real shame Ermin quit making videos on youtube. His videos is what got me into RF2. The problem with that game is finding a race online. GTS and ACC are the only 2 real choices when ik comes to start up the game and race online. I try going back to GTS once in a while but the horrible penalty system really turns me off. Many people seem to be enjoying ACC so it felt like there must be something very wrong with the way I play the game.

I started of with bumper view in GT when I got my first wheel. The only real problem I had with that view is that I couldnt really handle curb stones in that view which became a problem on some tracks. Made a switch to hood/roof cam which heped a lot. I know GT is not the most realistic, but the feeling you get from the cars is really good and I would still be playing GT everyday if it wasn't for the penalty system. I prefer the penalties in ACC. Might seem harsh to penalize every car contact, but I think it's the only way to get people to race clean.
My only issue with ACC is the POV and I think that's a good sign many are enjoying it because that means there's a community of racers out there that actually enjoy difficulty and realism. And the harshness of the penalties will just make you better and IMO, you either like strictness or you don't. It's always ironic that those who complain about the driving standards in GT like the dynamics of the game to be easy as well. It probably works well in Japan, but not everywhere else.....

Maybe the others can live with the POV speed issue well enough so that it doesn't interrupt the positives too much in ACC. It could be a question of style though as I mentioned once to a TRL driver the issue but his driving style didn't expose it.

Forgot all about turning up the psi and that helped alot to. I'm not a good tuner but turning up the psi with the agressive set up and I know feel more confident in throwing the car into corners.

Forgot all about turning up the psi and that helped alot to. I'm not a good tuner but turning up the psi with the agressive set up and I know feel more confident in throwing the car into corners.
Bit of a late reply, but have a look at my post here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-and-xb1-arrives-june-23.392628/post-13395670.
Recommend watching those 10 minutes of that video from Aris. It helped me understand a lot. :)

And yes, adjusting the tyre pressures makes a big difference.

Back