What are you doing for the last hurrah of GT6?

United States
Los Angeles area, CA
Well, we're in that final stretch; they're pulling the (online) plug of GT6 at the end of March. Anyone else doing anything to commemorate the occasion?

Currently, I'm going back through all the license tests, and beating all of my friends' times. ;) And you?

Online lobbies, Seasonals and quick matches. Money makers. I've gone through my garage and dumped almost all the Standard cars and bought all the Premium cars again in their given color. And dumped all the gift cars because they have no value.

I was downloading my favorite tracks since the Track Creator App will become useless as well, if I'm correct.

I was thinking about this topic a few days ago, and was hoping some folks would be willing to do a bit of cruising, as well as have a few various races for celebration.

My friends and I are logging on to race online on every possible free night, trying out all the cars we've yet to drive. Most of us don't have a PS4, so we'll need to purchase one of those, as well as new wheels, an online subscription, then the game itself and neither of us like the direction the new game has taken.

i.e - We ain't making the crossover any time soon so getting the most out of what we have left.

I'm just racing the seasonal events as much as I can to get the money the in the bank, after the servers go down I'll be focusing on the races in the AI HUB. As I'm not getting a PS4.

I lost my save file after my first PS3 crashed, so all the expensive and giveaway cars I had are gone. I've been slowly working the seasonals since January to try and build up a garage before credits become hard to come by next month, but it's pretty clear that I'll have a pretty hard time building up a garage like I had before in that period of time. It's pretty unfortunate, really.

Just enjoying what few online race's I have left with the COTW group.
I already own every car in the game and I'm maxed out at 50 million credits. However I do not have all the paint chips and I'm not sure how we will acquire them once the seasonal events are gone. Hopefully we can still earn them somehow.

I'm already playing GTS and almost own every car awaiting the transition of our group from GT6 to GTS. Once the servers go down I will regretfully pack up the PS3 and move full time to the PS4 and GT Sport.
I will have nothing else to complete on GT6 so sadly it will see very little playing.

I'm doing all the seasonals and what online racing I can still do. I'm farming Like the Wind for as much Credits as possible to take advantage of the login bonus.

I'd also like to host a huge race as a sendoff to GT6, a full lobby of 16 people on Le Sarthe or Nurb, and definitely save the replay for memories and all the photo mode opportunties.

I'm doing all the seasonals and what online racing I can still do. I'm farming Like the Wind for as much Credits as possible to take advantage of the login bonus.

I'd also like to host a huge race as a sendoff to GT6, a full lobby of 16 people on Le Sarthe or Nurb, and definitely save the replay for memories and all the photo mode opportunties.

You can always farm the Seasonal races (not the drift or time trials, just the circuit races) until they pull the plug, that's what I am doing and it's a whole lot faster than any of the normal races!

Not sure. I haven't touched the game in a long time. Anyone hosting a race or something? Would be a shame to let the last true GT game die without a proper farewell.

I boot it up every now and then. this week I didn't bother with the Seasonals as I already have the paint chips. besides that not much as I've been busy with GTS and other PS4/PSVR games. I played GT6 a lot. I have done everything I've wanted besides get the rest of the paint chips

This is really not a good time to finally start playing the game then :lol: all the last days I'll just be grinding the expert seasonal race...
wait, is even the login bonus going too??

I only recently got a wheel, so I'm going back and golding everything I can, getting Platinum, and farming the login bonus to buy the last of the 20M cars.

When I found out that my older Fanatec wheel is not allowed to be used on a PS4 because of Sony, I switched to Race Room Experience on PC. It's the best decision I have made. I though about grabbing the PS4 pro, but the pricing has been artificially kept high by Sony. I bought a $150 video card for my PC and moved on. I can also use my real name now. If any of my old GT6 friends see this, I'm Eddie Ellis on RRE and Automobilista.

I'll try to win enough money with login bonus to buy at least all premium cars. Also, I've created a club ("GT's Swansong") and I already was a member of a few others, I will have time trials, races and championships there until the last day.

I’ll be using the Track Path Editor. I’ve got all the cars. The remaining online features aren’t that important to me except maybe fuel/tire usage in open lobbies. I’ve done enough Seasonals the past four years and they aren’t appealing anymore.

I just bought the game in January after finally getting a PS3 so it seems like I'm forced to do as much seasonal as I can before that credit source dries up and the super expensive cars become unobtainable. Currently switching between the 500 and 600. The 600 is easy with the Chapparel 2J and the Toyota TS0300 hybrid, but any other car is a challenge. Have had fun tuning various ones with various success. The 500 is a lot easier to win and I've enjoyed collecting all sorts of super cars and running them there, even though the payout is less. I like the track in that reverse mode as well.

Really disappointed about online going though, especially as it seems to end course creator which is the main reason I bought GT6. I was going to put some time into learning how to adjust elevations and create some tracks of the roads around where I live, but it just feels like wasted time if I won't even be able to drive the tracks when online goes away. Made about the limit of courses (too late to download others) and figured time was better spent on seasonals. I'm also bummed out about missing a lot of paint patches. I was hoping they would at least do a last round of seasonals with more paint chips (no silver chrome : ( ). The whole thing sours me on buying another Gran Turismo.

On the other hand after the online service ends I'll have a whole game to go back and finish up with lots of cars to choose from, so I'm looking forward to driving all of the other tracks : ) Just wish there were more prize cars.

Overall I like this GT too, I think it's the best one in the series at this point. They seem to have finally fixed the driving physics so driving is actually fun instead of constant frustration and the car isn't either sliding through every turn or understeering. I played 2-4 and 5P to at/near 100%, and they steadily went down in fun and believability, 4 is just so hard to go back and play even though it has so many cars. 5P was a joke, between cars that felt like boats and the penalty system, when I turned it back on after having played it when it first came out (had an old 100% savefile) I drove like 3 laps and gave up, past the goal of obtaining cars it's just flat out unfun, glad I didn't get 5 instead of 6 if they kept the physics like that. I think 6 feels most like 2 and I have good memories of 2. But it just feels like a fully fleshed out GT game where they've fixed and refined everything about it. Even the dumb 'start from the back and rubberband forward' gameplay is sort of fixed so that it works and makes the game fun (another thing in GT4 that killed gameplay). I would really prefer races where the damn ai is not rubberbanded and you can qualify, so that if you can't win at first you can just go tune your car up, try to qualify higher and try to match the fastest car, instead of just getting the highest PP vehicle you can and hoping its enough to shorten the gaps and get around lap traffic in the ridiculously short races run. But whatever, it's a driving game and the cars and tracks are amazing and the racing is an adequate backstory to that at least. Just wish they weren't disabling course creator because it added a whole dimension to that driving experience that will be taken away now.

Well, managed to buy most of the expensive cars in the game and still retain about 30 million credits and after running each of my custom tracks to save a replay I hopped onto the lobbies and commisserated until 3AM. Free rode around Le Mans for a while and laughed my ass off, so many funny people, tons of flatulance : P Then I played some dirty stock car racing which really was a ton of fun and something I realize I'll never be able to recreate now with the game. Everyone sounded pretty down. A few times people were thanking PD but most of the time the general attitude was 'too soon and screw GTS.' I will have fun now gradually knocing out races to get 100% but even as a new player it was a major downer. If the courses from course maker had worked I wouldn't be nearly as upset either... I just kept reading that the game would 'no longer transfer tracks from course maker' and thinking they were simply shutting down the app, not taking away access to track already transferred. This reliance on online connections is kind of why I didn't go for PS3 to start with, and why I won't even touch PS4 now. Doesn't make sense to put time and effort into a game if your work is going to get removed, I'd rather play simcity2000 with my cities I buildt 20 years ago than any flashy new game that operates like that and the price difference between a console and gaming PC isn't enough to make the console attractive in any way.

On the final night of the servers, I went on early and ran some 450pp races with some friends, but at about 10:30 I opened up a Pro Car Show room and ran it well until I nodded off coming out of the pits sometime around 1:40am.

Doing car shows was a huge part of the online experience for me 2-3 times a week. One of the greatest aspects of the GT series for me (since game one) has been the collecting and customizing of cars that I could never buy in real life either due to a sheer cost or unavailability. I don't see that in the new game and with a lack of a proper career mode, I am not interested.

I bought an Xbox one-s a few months ago to try the racing games available from other franchises. NFS is still all arcade floor it forever and pray racing, Forza and Horizon are ok, but not GT or even close. AC, and PC are not bad, but I will need a wheel to fully enjoy them. I can't drive as well with the xbox controller. For the most part, I have been playing shooters to get over my loss of GT blues. Before now, I didn't even own them.

GT series, you will be sorely missed. Maybe in another 4 years on PS5?

You guys really need to move on if Gtsport isn't your thing, like I have :)

While GT6 was great & being part of the track modding community was a privilege, it will be missed.
I'm glad I got to learn how to make & share all the great tracks that I & other's created with you guys.
But unfortunately all good things come to an end.

Get yourselves a PS4, XB1X or a PC & jump on Project Cars 2, honestly it's fantastic & perfectly playable with a pad, trust me.

Check this out.

Last edited:

While GT6 was great & being part of the track modding community was a privilege, it will be missed.
I'm glad I got to learn how to make & share all the great tracks that I & other's created with you guys.

Get yourselves a PS4, XB1X or a PC & jump on Project Cars 2, honestly it's fantastic & perfectly playable with a pad, trust me.

Check this out.

Have to agree, whilst Forza and GT have become stale Project Cars 2 leads the way in racing for us console users :)

Check this out.

That video reminds me of an updated version of TOCA TOURING CARS.

Even the chase cam? (I do occasional use cockpit views in car games but I still like to switch between the two.)

Back