What are you excited for in video gaming?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 31 comments
United States
United States
So much coming in the next year. New consoles will hit and sharpen up the graphics even more. I don't expect miracles but I will be happy with an improvement. Many games are I love are going to hit at once or close.
Forza 8
PC3
RIDE 3
And so many games I will upgrade due to the new gen machines
FIFA
F1
MotoGP
MXGP
And some FPS

Last edited:
The only (seemingly) confirmed release I'm excited for is FM8, hopefully they've learned from the carwreck that was FM7.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing how certain games grow since they should be getting some decent updates during the year.

- SCS is always working on something for their truck sims and are finally adding Iberia this year.
- It sounds like Giants isn't releasing a new Farming Simulator this year (thankfully), so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.
- ACC will hopefully continue to grow beyond the upcoming IGTC pack.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about PC3 as well, I'm not sure it's releasing this year though.

Last edited:
Cautiously excited for pCARS3, if it comes this year, and if Codies don't decide it needs to be less 'sim'...

Other than that, at the moment the only ones I'm really excited about are Lone Echo 2 and The Room: A Dark Matter. The first Lone Echo was, for me, the first proper AAA experience I had in VR, and what's been shown so far for the sequel looks great. And The Room is a series I've loved on mobile, and is an obvious fit for VR - can't wait to see what Fireproof have come up with for this one.

I'm probably one of the few VR gamers who isn't the least bit bothered about Half-Life Alyx :lol:

For starter, I'm interested in seeing how FM8 turns out. Say what you will about those games, but they have been reliably entertaining for me, so I'm hoping FM8 will continue that trend. I'm not sure if it's coming out this year though.

Also, Psychonauts 2! I finally got around to playing the first Psychonauts few months ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think it has any set release date, and it has been delayed time and time again, but I hope I'll be able to play it some time in 2020.

I'm also looking forward to whatever that Elden Ring stuff is. Specifically interested in finding out if it'll be something entirely new, or if it'll just crawl back into the Dark Souls comfort zone and stay there. Only the time will tell.

So... yeah. Those are the games I'm excited for in 2020. Games with release date so nebulous that I'm not even sure if they're going to release in 2020.

Looking forward to the upcoming GT7 and some games for PC, like Warcraft III Reforged and the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

The other ones I know are still not halfway yet in development and would probably be released a few years from now.

I'm looking the most forward to seeing FM8 and what it will offer. We may even get to see the possible return of the other fantasy tracks from Forza's past (aka Forza Lore Tracks now), plus T10 now has a tech that allows them to model tracks more faster. Post-launch tracks might be a thing I hope. It's one of the things I'm just dying to see along with new features and other stuff, but it's taking so long. Although we have GDC 2020 in March where T10 will talk about ray tracing and so forth in FM8.

Since Chris Esaki announced that FM8 is already playable, it sounds to me that it will be a launch title for the Series X, which is excellent!

If there is more games being announced this year, great! When will we hear about PC3? Like the fact that it will be more like NFS Shift in terms of CarRPG. Hope we hear about it soon.

GT7- With the hope that pd can turn the gran turmsio series into a real driving sim sorry but the driving model of gts is no where near pcars or ac (imho)

PCARS Revolution - Is my most awaited racing game ever and i just hope codemaster don't do anything to mess it up now that they own sms.

Forza MotorSport 8 and Pacer. Despite certain big releases at the year's end, this looks to be a very empty year for racing games.

Aside from that, DOOM Eternal, and whatever new content might be in store for Horizon 4 and Grip.

The two big ones for me:

The next Gran Turismo but who knows when that will release, not expecting it for another 2 years or so.

Cyberpunk 2077. I’m disappointed about the delay but it’s all good. I will just wait until I get a PS5 before I buy it now.

Honourable mentions:

Battle Royale in Modern Warfare.

Hopefully the next Battlefield will bring the series back to it’s former glory but I doubt it.

New wheels by Logitech, Thrustmaster, etc. (Hopefully)

VR on PS5.

Increased frames per second in future titles. Games like Pubg, WRC 8 and Pcars run like **** on my old PS4.

Last edited:
Xenoblade. The Definitive Edition of XC1 coming this year, and whatever's next from Monolith Soft.

And...nothing else right now, really. The next Project CARS and Gran Turismo 7 are up in the air. Snowrunner is more immediately attractive.

Hardware:
- Excited for the development in VR. Will we see a generational leap this year or next? When will the tech get to a point where performance and image quality can match a flat screen?
- Excited for what the next gen consoles will bring in terms of performance/quality.

Games:
- More and more excited for "other types" of games (as in indie etc.), not just the standard formulas of AAA games.
Cyberpunk 2077 (release delayed until September 17, for those who didn't know)
MS Flight Simulator
Circuit Superstars (PC, PS, Xbox, Switch)
Atomic Heart (PC, PS, Xbox)
Twelve Minutes (PC, Xbox)
Unto the end (PC, PS, Xbox, Switch)

Looking forward to the upcoming GT7 and some games for PC, like Warcraft III Reforged the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.
I retract Warcraft from my list. I've heard negative reviews about it, that Blizzard only tricked us into thinking it would be worth buying but only ended up to be the opposite. Sad.

I retract Warcraft from my list. I've heard negative reviews about it, that Blizzard only tricked us into thinking it would be worth buying but only ended up to be the opposite. Sad.
Good dodge there. Check angry Joes video on YouTube. Ouch.

I really want GT to have good SP mode. Although since GTS has been a success I am little worried :indiff: Watching GTS VR videos in youtube has me excited. I really believe that can be game changer. I would love if Ubisoft make POP :( I think VR has huge potential in racing games, horror games etc ... I do not game for long time anyways so even some 30-45mins can give amazing experience and I think next gen console have power. So hopefully we will have some really good VR games :cheers:

Being a huge fan of Mudrunner, I am definitely most excited for Snowrunner. Hopefully the single player/career mode, possible modifications to our trucks and larger maps can keep me hooked for far longer time than Mudrunner. I’d love to have some sense of progression that keeps me coming back for more.

Circuit Superstars and Art of Rally as I loved Absolute Drift (whenever it hits the consoles) are both close second.

200 player Battle Royale mode in call of Duty sounds pretty cool. I think it's called War zone?

We really like Apex but the 3 player squad limit is a bummer. I wonder what squad sizes war zone will have

I think war zone will be free, which is great but I hope it will be quality

200 player Battle Royale mode in call of Duty sounds pretty cool. I think it's called War zone?

We really like Apex but the 3 player squad limit is a bummer. I wonder what squad sizes war zone will have

I think war zone will be free, which is great but I hope it will be quality
Do you play Apex Legends on PS4?

Yes but not every day like my friends who seem to be obsessed hahah
You?
Yea same here. I added some people from the Reddit discord but I don't play enough. It's only fun when you have someone else to chat with as you game instead of it being a quiet game sitting alone screaming at the TV. My PSN is DesertPenguin_

and the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I am following this as I am hoping like in the original version they will later come out with a Combat Flight Simulator add on although in reality I know it is only wishful thinking.

I am following this as I am hoping like in the original version they will later come out with a Combat Flight Simulator add on although in reality I know it is only wishful thinking.
The only thing concerning me though is the demanding system requirements. I've heard that it will only run great on newer, much updated computers that have powerful specs.

The only thing concerning me though is the demanding system requirements. I've heard that it will only run great on newer, much updated computers that have powerful specs.

What I have been reading also is that the "world"in the game will be actual Google earth maps so it will be an online required for world access terrain wise. I feel like we have reached a point that to play the top shelf games on the best settings will be requiring a 9700k cpu, 2080 GPU (preferably a ti!) and 32 gigs of ram going forward and realistically it will not be long perhaps a few more quarters before those parts will be considered 2nd tier as they have been out a while and its about time for the newer and faster stuff to hit the market.

Back