What Car Do You Grind Endurance With?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mahgwa
  • 37 comments
  • 3,105 views
Messages
17
Just curious, I was grinding again today leveling 4 of my drivers on the Grand Valley 60 lapper when it occurred to me that perhaps the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 '09 wasn't a very good choice to use as an endurance grinder. This lead me to thinking, whats the oddest car to try and win this with, so I checked my garage and grabbed a Ginetta G4'64 tuned it a bit and won the Grand Valley 60 lapper again. Of course I could grind these in a Zonda R or Formula Gran Turismo but I really don't want to wear these machines out just grinding miles, and the Ginetta isn't really an endurance car either. Which of course leads me to my question.

What car(s) do you grind out endurance races with? I mean cars you throw a ton of miles on, neglect, beat up and throw back in the garage wet and full of your dirty oil.

Like I said I use the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 '09 because its got over 700hp and is lighter than my Ferrari yet somehow is tuned well for road courses. Even when the tires start to go and bits are hanging off of her from banging in the corners, she is still pounding out tricks like Kim Kardashian at an NBA game, plus she's not hard on the eyes and I'm not putting any miles on my Ferrari, Zonda or Formula car.

So, you grind with...?

OK Edited with the exception to the x2010 or FGT etc (cars that can easily win) do any of you grind endurance with any other cars?
 
Last edited:
i don't gring endurance races because the drean car championship pays more
 
I let BOB drive the X2010. It always wins. I don't have to pay attention. The races are finished quicker. I don't care if the motor wears out...it is still twice as fast as any other car. The perfect B-Spec car, imo.
 
I let BOB drive the X2010. It always wins. I don't have to pay attention. The races are finished quicker. I don't care if the motor wears out...it is still twice as fast as any other car. The perfect B-Spec car, imo.

/qft. X2010 or FGT. Dreamcar championship for $$ Endurance races for XP.
 
X2010, although it's not a happy bunny, it's had 13,000 miles on it without a rebuild of any kind >.<
 
Bob gets a 720bhp gtr-vspec to grind the tsukuba 9hr everynight (only a 50k engine rebuild)everything else he has a worn out FGT(nearly 30k miles on the clock and counting)
 
Vetel X1 for lap-based events (finish as fast as possible). Any of my Stealth/Chromeline for time-based (500cr rebuilds ftw).
 
X1 (17.5k miles and counting without rebuild :lol:), but yeah Dreamcar champs for cash, Enduro for XP.
 
FGT with 37k miles without a rebuild.

She's a work horse.
 
my seb x2010. i havn't touched my carbon one yet lol.

my seb x2010 i used to grind bobs, and a-spec INDY dreamcar event.

currently has almost 50k miles on it :S

never washed, never changed oil, never overhauled engine, never restored rigidity.

does that count?
 
Last edited:
my seb x2010. i havn't touched my carbon one yet lol.

my seb x2010 i used to grind bobs, and a-spec INDY dreamcar event.

currently has almost 1million miles on it :S

never washed, never changed oil, never overhauled engine, never restored rigidity.

does that count?

Yea, bull****.

A million miles? Get real, if you averaged 200 mph for 208 DAYS, you'd have a million miles.

Or 250mph average for 166 days and you'd have a million miles.

So yea, try again.
 
F18
Yea, bull****.

A million miles? Get real, if you averaged 200 mph for 208 DAYS, you'd have a million miles.

Or 250mph average for 166 days and you'd have a million miles.

So yea, try again.

yeah i read it wrong my bad lol.
 
ya this guy above me beat me to it ^^

physically impossible to have 1,000,000 miles on a car, the game just simply hasn't been out long enough

Anyway, FGT for now to grind until I can get my hands on an X1

Just rebuilt the motor so she's good to go for another 20 or so Endurance races :)
 
Still, 50000 kliks and never changed oil? Really? What's the bhp at?
 
Still, 50000 kliks and never changed oil? Really? What's the bhp at?

BHP only drops so far. I looked at my FGT after a 24h Lemans, and then ran another without an oil change and the BHP didn't drop any lower. Seems to be a bottom level that once your oil is black it isn't getting any blacker.
 
While I'm home and doing other things, I grind the Dream Car with an X2010, because it's the fastest and pays good credits and xp.

When I'm away, I grind Tsukuba 9 hour with a McLaren F1 Stealth, because being fastest doesn't matter, and the Stealth can be repaired for 1000cr

I have yet to do a 24 hour race (although I am now B-spec level 35)
 
x2010 is it, before that the FGT and before that, the Minolta.
 
My "grinding" cars are either the Elise 96 & 111 RM, which I use mainly on the Nürburgring 4 H enduro.

Bob use the FGT.

X1 gathers dust in the garage.
 
My Bobs are currently engaged in the Nürburgring 4hrs event with the Furai for the 5th time, which should bring enough XP to reach Level33. They always take the lead before the first corner and I don't have to pay attention :D
 
I´ll use Toyota Minolta... nice handling nice speed..
would take only a slower car in the xx hr races cuz you cant cut the time
 
my seb x2010. i havn't touched my carbon one yet lol.

my seb x2010 i used to grind bobs, and a-spec INDY dreamcar event.

currently has almost 50k miles on it :S

never washed, never changed oil, never overhauled engine, never restored rigidity.

does that count?

I have an X2010 with around 14K miles, but your really should change the oil every now and then. ;)💡
 
Done all the endurance with the 787B stealth easy job just press start and go do other stuff after the race always a win
 
What are these "stealth" cars you speak of? I have not noticed any in my UCD or won any. Sorry for the noobishness of my question in advance.
 
What are these "stealth" cars you speak of? I have not noticed any in my UCD or won any. Sorry for the noobishness of my question in advance.

Stealth cars are cars that you can only get by preordering or getting a "special edition" version of GT5 (not sure which). They are just race cars painting in black.
 
For B spec I use the X2010.
She has over 50,000 miles and the oil light has been on for ages. The only real use I have found for this car and since I am done B spec I use it to earn cash for my car collection. Dream Car Champ. pays the best $$$$$👍

The great thing about this Champ. is that it is composed of 5 races which will be 5 screen turnovers which means you will have a new set of cars in your used lot every time your are done. Perfect for finding the car you are after.:)

Grind & buy. It's the perfect combination and you would almost think the game developers had planned it.💡
 
The Mazda stealth car which name escapes me right now.
 
since I have 2 Vettel X2010, one is used by B-Spec of course. It hast now ~85k miles on it and never changed oil. Power dropped from ~1450BHP to 1314BHP now and it seems to continue dropping :).

Wonder if the engine will ever break but I probably won't find out since my B-Spec is going to reach LVL40 today and has only 50 more races to go for the career bar to fill. :dunce:

It would be great to drop the power level to that of the FGT or Minolta. Then I would compare lap times to see the result of much better aerodynamics.
 
Like many I used the FGT until I won the X1 and then switched to it. Both cars have a ton of miles on them at this point. B-Spec of course.

I do not grind endurance races in a-spec.

you can however cut the time in the A-Spec races with a fast car. It still takes the same length of time to complete but you can take a break and let the game keep running so you are not driving as long.
 
First the Furai, then the Minolta, then the FGT, then the X2010 - I have 2 of them, so ones mint, the other ran about 15000 km now.

Every now and then I bring in a little variation to not let my Bobs get bored: GTR at Grand Valley 300, 787B at Tsukuba 9hrs, Escudo Pikes Peak at Nürburgring 4 hrs, etc.

But I tend to chance the Oil after each race. On the other hand, I only ever rebuilt one engine, that of my Furai after around 20000 km.
 
Back