what car for tight race at laguna for MR professional?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thorgan
  • 40 comments
  • 2,006 views
Messages
11
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've spent a decent bit of time searching and can't find anything on it.

I'm curious what car people used to win at the laguna seca race for the MR professional spot race? I'm trying to keep it tight, and I'm trying out a Lotus (not the sport 350 one). I've put on all the mods bar LSD, and Ive tried it with up to a stage 3 turbo but can't beat the gt40 - any ideas? I'm running with T2s.

A stage 4 would win, but it wouldn't be tight. Best lap I've done so far was around a 1.22.8 i think, but in the race I would be more like doing 1.23-1.24s and he hammers me.

Any thoughts?
Tim.

by the way, this site is pretty addictive and helpful - so thanks.
 
First of all, Welcome to GTPlanet!

You're right how its hard to make this race challenging. I guess maybe the Clio Sport Race Car. Its hard to say since i beat this a while ago. Maybe the 3400S?
 
hey thanks,

though I feel a little stupid as my very first post I put in the wrong place!

Right I'll have a go with those cars - when and if I get them. I reckon I'm about 2 years behind everyone here with GT3?! plan is to get to 75% then take on the drifting challenge. Used to spend hours at that in GT1.
 
If you already are in pro mode you probably have enough money to buy a 3400s. A clio sport race car can be won in the super speedway enduro or bought for 300,000 Cr.
 
Win a GT40 road car, it will probaly do well.
 
I used the Zonda C12S that I built for the Italian Avante Garde:

race suspension
sport brakes with proportioning valve
race transmission and LSD
engine balancing (if you're building a new car, skip this)
LW1 (could probably skip this too, for the pro MR)
T3 tires

Pushing 592 hp, I beat the GT40 at Laguna by about 6.low" with lap times averaging 1':23.605". My fast lap was 1':21.235" and I didn't pit.

Welcome to GTPlanet, thorgan! After reading some of the PD Cup threads, it's great to see a new member that likes the battle as much as the victory.
 
Thanks a Mil, I'll defo give that a go. I had won the other two MR races with the Zonda won from the pro NA series. Put on T2's and for the midfield I gave it a lightweight stage 1. gt40 bumped me on lap 4 just before the downhill hairpin and sent me spinning off, leaving me 15 secs with 11 laps to catch up.

Beat him by 8! :cool: Once you pass them, sometimes they seem to give up?!
 
it seems like that doesnt it? lol i hate when i lap them like 5 times cuz i dont get the satisfaction of winning...seems to easy lol
 
A little off topic, but what does LSD mean? (not the drug... :rolleyes: )
 
funny, I realized what LSD stood for after I posted. Always happens with me... :(
 
ceiling_fan
You're right how its hard to make this race challenging. I guess maybe the Clio Sport Race Car.

Using the Clio race car, your only competition is the GT40. You will always have at least one GT40, in each of this series. This is an extremely tough match (the toughest one I ever encountered in the game, so far), on this course. The other two courses are tough enough, but, at L.S., you have to use everything you know to win. Strategy and tactics play a major part in whether you can even get close to winning.

I have won it in the race car version (It wasn't pretty, either! There were casualties...), but have not attempted to do it in the V6. I'm not sure it can be done.

Good luck,

MasterGT
 
@ MasterGT:
:D "Good Call" 👍 I'm always looking for tight races & noticed your post. With the Clio RACER I've beaten the Race two times in a row (the 2nd time w/2 GT40s) :eek::eek: & I pitted on Lap #5 both times. Using the "Road Car" however is a different story! :indiff: I was leading the lone GT40 through Lap#9 when he nudged me off into the dirt just after T-3 & in another I was slightly in the lead on Lap#8 when my DFPro "Glitched" sending me into the wall!!! :banghead: I'll let you know if I'm able to best the field with the Road Version. (BTW: I'm running 444 HP & T-2s)
THANX 👍...UB57 :D
 
UB57:

If you could win the MR Pro race twice in a row, in the Clio race car, then you are a much better driver than I am. My hat is off to you.

Let me know if you can win in the V6 because it is as fast as the race car, but it may not handle as well.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
UB57:

If you could win the MR Pro race twice in a row, in the Clio race car with those horses, then you are a much, much better driver than I am. My hat is off to you.

Let me know if you can win in the V6 because it is as fast as the race car, but it may not handle as well.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
MasterGT
UB57:
Let me know if you can win in the V6 because it is as fast as the race car, but it may not handle as well.
Hiya MasterGT:
:D That's the "Understatement of the Year!!!" :lol:

Thanx for the Kudos, but I used 513 HP in the "Racer" although I didn't "Tune" much, it was just one I found on my memory card. Also I made a Pit Stop w/the Racer. I WILL try it w/Less than MAX HP soon.

The "Road Car" however has taken "SEVERAL" Attempts & I gave up on doing it w/444HP. Upping the HP to 513 & lots of "Fiddling" w/set-up finally yielded a 0.137 SECOND Win :eek: over the GT40. Race time was 14'06.xxx compared to 13'52.xxx for the Racer's time. I think the ability to win this race w/Road Car depends GREATLY on the "Vagaries" of the "AI GT40" After running this a number of times I believe there is more than one GT40 "Scenario." The one I "beat" has the GT40 driving way too deep into the left between T-1 & T-2 if you're anywhere near him costing him about 1.2 seconds each time!!!

I also got 4 Tyres "off" twice & although I didn't touch anything it's still not a run I'd submit for any OLR. "IF" I can get a "Clean Win" I'll post the replay.

THANX AGAIN!!! 👍 for a VERY Enjoyable Challenge!!!...UB57 :D
 
First off I must apologize to thorgan for Hi-Jacking your thread! :( But Great Races like this one aren't that easy to find! 👍 And "Hopefully" I'm providing some worthwhile info. :confused:

I ran this again this AM with the Racer @ 446 HP & only minor adjustments (Mostly to the Trans.) Qualified 1st (Barely) & did NOT Pit...Results:
13'47.392 / M.O.V. +7.796

Took the Turbo down another notch for about 360HP but took 3rd chasing both GT40s and about 20 seconds behind. :irked:

Now here's the "Wierd" part...Re-attached the Stage2 turbo & the HP showed as 455!!! :eek: Have No Idea Why?!?! (Have about 500 miles on this ride.) Did NOT qualify & purposely picked the race w/Both GT40s. (No Pit) Results:
13'43.007 / M.O.V. +17.754

I'd still like to register a 100% "Clean" Win with the Road Version & a "sub" 13'40.000 Win with the Racer!
THANX Again to thorgan & MasterGT...UB57 :D
 
Hey no its great!

I'm glad my first post turned out like this anyway sure! I'll be giving your ideas a go - though sounds like I may need to be gettin somewhat better to manage it in either the clio road car or a stock elise. I managed in in the zonda like duke suggested.

It is a good race though, you gotta love/hate the courses that dare you to push the corners, and punish you hard for messing it up.
 
Kool!!! :cheers:
:D What kind of HP were you running in the Zonda??? I don't believe I've driven mine since a comp Neon Duke & I were in together. Should be fun if you pick the line-up w/2 other Zondas! 👍 ...UB57 :D
 
UB57
Hiya MasterGT:
:D That's the "Understatement of the Year!!!" :lol:

Thanx for the Kudos, but I used 513 HP in the "Racer" although I didn't "Tune" much, it was just one I found on my memory card. Also I made a Pit Stop w/the Racer. I WILL try it w/Less than MAX HP soon.

The "Road Car" however has taken "SEVERAL" Attempts & I gave up on doing it w/444HP. Upping the HP to 513 & lots of "Fiddling" w/set-up finally yielded a 0.137 SECOND Win :eek: over the GT40. Race time was 14'06.xxx compared to 13'52.xxx for the Racer's time. I think the ability to win this race w/Road Car depends GREATLY on the "Vagaries" of the "AI GT40" After running this a number of times I believe there is more than one GT40 "Scenario."

"IF" I can get a "Clean Win" I'll post the replay.

THANX AGAIN!!! 👍 for a VERY Enjoyable Challenge!!!...UB57 :D

What, you don't like a little understeer? :) I also read recently about an unnamed U.K. car journalist who wrecked a V6 Sport, while in the wet, the bane of the Sport. Apparently the media's first V6 casualty. Tisk, tisk. I really hope PD includes the recent Mark II Clio in GT4, since it will handle much better out of the box.

After I set up my Clios again, in game #2, I will have to attempt this series again, since I have left this race, until then. I didn't pay much attention as to how the GT40s drove, I paid more attention to how many there were and where on the grid they were placed. I also saw a GT40 skid off into the dirt once, on turn one. Unfortunately, I couldn't capitalize on its mistake, at the time.

If you can host some sort of replay video (no X-port here), I'd love to see it.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Geneticdrift
use the fo90/s or any f1s
:D What part of "what car for tight race at laguna for MR professional? " did you NOT Understand??? :confused: Using a F-1 Ride to beat field of "Road Cars" (albeit powerful ones) may create a "Tight" race for YOU but the Vast Majority of GTP Members would find it to be an ungratifying "Blow-Out" of Major Proportions! :irked:...UB57 :D
 
MasterGT
If you can host some sort of replay video (no X-port here), I'd love to see it.
Cheers, MasterGT

:D Sorry MasterGT but I don't have a way to do that. I'd be happy to send either replay via Sharkport to anyone who can do it for you however! 👍 ...UB57 :D
 
UB57
:D Sorry MasterGT but I don't have a way to do that. I'd be happy to send either replay via Sharkport to anyone who can do it for you however! 👍 ...UB57 :D
Ok, an X-port is on our list for Christmas, so maybe then.

Did you have to get physical with a GT40?

Good luck!
 
MasterGT
Ok, an X-port is on our list for Christmas, so maybe then.

Did you have to get physical with a GT40?

Good luck!
:D Don't wait on the "X-Port"!!! They're somewhat difficult to find and IMHO Absolutely the BEST Investment I've made for the enjoyment of GT3!!!

I just reviewed the "Racer" Replay: "Very Slight" contact w/Yellow GT40 as he turned INTO ME in Turn #1/Lap#1 (I started Last & got by him the RUF & a Zonda before the turn. They all brake way too early!) Chased the Red GT40 until Lap#2 when he lost it 1/2 way thru the "Screw" & I just "Nipped" his left front fender as I went by. Never saw either of 'em again thru the remainder of a 100% clean run w/17+ second "M.O.V."

As to the scenario w/GT40 running off into the dirt on Lap #1: That's the one I drew when I led 9 Laps in the Road Car w/only 444 HP but could never get it to "Load" again. Think that's probably the only one where "I" can best the GT40 & then only if all goes Perfectly!...UB57 :D
 
I was wondering to get 513 hp in the clio sport race car, can you keep it NA or do you have to go turbo? I just won this car, and wanted to keep it NA, but it handles so well it really doesn't matter to me.
 
MINI Addict
I was wondering to get 513 hp in the clio sport race car, can you keep it NA or do you have to go turbo? I just won this car, and wanted to keep it NA, but it handles so well it really doesn't matter to me.


Hello MINI Addict & WELCOME to GTP Forums! :cheers: I just checked & it appears the Racer can only be upgraded via Turbos. You're right, it does handle great & the handling doesn't "Go Away" when you increase the HP. IMHO an "All Around" Great Ride! 👍...UB57 :D
 
Back