What car?

Messages
270
i would like to know what race car i should buy? it could be any xcept the 2,000,000Cr. one.
 
Go with the C5-R Vette, Oreca Viper, or the Castrol Supra or NSX.
 
^ yes I'd go with those too. Though you can win them. But if its realatively easy for you to gain back money go ahead and buy like I do...
 
I must be the only person on the planet that hates the C5R. It handles beautifully - for 2 laps. Then the front tires are shot and it drives like a toboggan. It's useless for races with tire wear, and it's complete overkill for any race that doesn't have tire wear.

I don't think I'd buy a race car; I prefer to win them because they stay at higher HP longer (no break in on prize cars). But if I were you I'd look at one of the NSXs, or the Denso Supra.
 
But you gotta admit, the c5r looks really good, and I would also win them too, the c5r is easy to win, there are alot of places where you can win it! The castrol supra is what I think you should buy!
 
Although I haven't done any long races with the C5R. I did the Laguna Seca 2 Hour Endurance with the Oreca Viper. As I recall, tire wear was very even.


I think the C5R is faster though. It is probably the fastest car of the ones you mention.

If I were you, and I was about to blow ALOT of cash on a car. I would get something unique. The Lister Storm V12 is actually a very quick car. Despite the fact that it comes in dead last whenever the AI drives it.


Lister Storm V12
car-lister.jpg
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
If I were you, and I was about to blow ALOT of cash on a car. I would get something unique. The Lister Storm V12 is actually a very quick car. Despite the fact that it comes in dead last whenever the AI drives it.

Very true, although I bought the storm and the Tickford and did a fair bit of testing. The tickford seemed to handle better and had a bit more power. Although this doesn't make much sense seing as in real life the storm competes with vipers, speed 12's, Esprits and even a vette or two.

The storm is badly represented in this game.
 
I would go with the oreca viper first. Then the supra. Then the nsx.

I would also suggest buying c12 zonda pagani, that way you can just put the big power on it and win the race series called something like "like the wind."

That race will give you the 787 mazda, its the only car they will give you for that win, and with that you can easily take all the races up to the f1 series.
 
I personally like the Tickford Falcon. Of course yet again I tuned it out to fit my needs, which it complies and drives amazing.

Either that or the Denso Supra.

Even though you have to win it, I won the Astra Touring Car and its sweet.

Gotta love those Australian vehicles.
 
to buy? castrol nsx...

the astra is better tho...
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
The storm is badly represented in this game.

Alot are, the Viper, the Vette, SVT, S4, TT, etc... (with the exception of some Japanese cars :odd: )
 
Originally posted by Speeding drifter
i decided on the storm and it is a perfect drifter for me


Sweet choice guy. Alot of people that have played GT3 never get a chance to drive it because they dont want to spend precious virtual credits on it.

Most of the other race cars you can win very easily, so buying them doesnt make sense. The only place you can win the Storm is on an endurance race.


I don't know what people mean when they say "Storm is badly represented in GT3". Do you guys say that because it is always last in AI races. Or do you say that because you think it drives crappily?


The torque from that 7.0L V12 is irresistable as well.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
I don't know what people mean when they say "Storm is badly represented in GT3". Do you guys say that because it is always last in AI races. Or do you say that because you think it drives crappily?

Well I bought that and the Tickford falcon, spent a fair amount of time setting both cars up and the storm didn't handle as well as the falcon. The falcon even seemed to have more torque, it just seemed faster. I am a fan of the storm in real life and I have seen it race, trust me it actually wins races in real life.
 
All i got ta say is buy the Oreca Viper thing. i boght the Tickford and it sucks d***
:banghead: angelboy52:)
 
The name goes good with the car if it's in black!
 
I'd say buy an Escudo. Then, you can tune the $h!t out of it. I have a 1839 Horseopower 'cudo and I can beat any car on the game.
 
Originally posted by diddy23
I'd say buy an Escudo. Then, you can tune the $h!t out of it. I have a 1839 Horseopower 'cudo and I can beat any car on the game.


On every track excluding Test Course, the F1's are faster than the Escudo.

Take your Escudo and beat a Midfield 1 time of 00'49,873 and I will believe you.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I must be the only person on the planet that hates the C5R. It handles beautifully - for 2 laps. Then the front tires are shot and it drives like a toboggan. It's useless for races with tire wear, and it's complete overkill for any race that doesn't have tire wear.

I don't think I'd buy a race car; I prefer to win them because they stay at higher HP longer (no break in on prize cars). But if I were you I'd look at one of the NSXs, or the Denso Supra.
Your not alone I also hate the CR5, I would defiantly go with one of the NSX racecars.
 
Originally posted by diddy23
I'd say buy an Escudo. Then, you can tune the $h!t out of it. I have a 1839 Horseopower 'cudo and I can beat any car on the game.

Lets race then. Go to Cote D Azure with your Escudo and give me your fastest time without touching any walls. I'll do the same with an F1 and we'll see if your statement is true :odd:...
 
Back