What cars do you think handle badly?

Philippines
where every politician is corrupt
tlc_o918
Since I have created a thread about pointless cars, what about bad handling cars?

my list (all of these cars are mine)

Mk1 Golf GTI - it does stoppies

AE86 - A true legend but sadly, it's handling isn't a legend. It's top heavy and loves to flip

Aventador - disappointment for 400k

Lancer evo IV - obviously made for rally, I tested one on a road course and it handled bad

512bb - It slides a lot

Pantera - it also slides a lot

A lot of cars behave a lot better with a tune. I would say praiano as being the best.

I dont like the Avendator but it is managebale. With a tune at N500 it'll beat the GT4 crowd. It wont be nice about it and the Huracan is better everywhere and the SV is also a heap better than the base one.

I discount most of the really older cars... like you cant expect 1960s muscle cars to compete and even 1970/80s cars arent too good.

The BB512 is utter garbage. Like the 1974 Countach. Like the new 2017 NSX.

I think if you see them with a tune and they need something like 10 max front and 1 soft rear anti roll cars to make it "handle" then the base car is bad.

This means you need to front to be uber stiff and the rear to roll a LOT to control the rear end out of corners.

This is a bad car.

My test is always around the "Ring.

If you car is good around Monza then that's not really a test at all.

I think all the Japanese 4wd cars are 'fine'... ie. understeer and stable. Not a lot of fun IMO but they win races.

I dont care for the FWD cars much at all.

A great car is either the 997 or 991 GT3. Try the 930 or the 996 or the 993 Porsches and see how you work it out.

I also think people are unrealistic on handling as well. IMO the Pantera is very hard going against anything even slightly new like something from 1990s.

However I took it to many victories in those classic car leagues... so I do like it however it doesnt work on many N400/500 class races.

Last edited:
Since I have created a thread about pointless cars, what about bad handling cars?

AE86 - A true legend but sadly, it's handling isn't a legend. It's top heavy and loves to flip

Pantera - it also slides a lot

Lower the 86 and it drives like a dream. With the right tuning, it's easily the best-handling car in its class.

The Pantera also drives nicely. Since it's mid-engined, you want it to slide, because that's where you get that extra cornering speed.

Unless you mean exclusively using the stock suspension on all of the cars...

About cars I think handle horribly, the TT Cup car in Gr.4. :crazy: I don't understand how anybody can drive that car as fast as they do, because as soon as you add any bit of gas, the inside wheel just spins and you understeer off the course. That's with stock tuning in the dailies...awful stock LSD settings.

The Alpine 110S, or whatever it's called, the old one...it just slides so much, even with everything tuned for understeer. It's like an old Porsche but even worse. Not necessarily slow because of it, but you're exiting every corner sideways.

If you’re making an AE86 flip over you must be doing something way wrong. :lol:
From the comment about the Golf doing stoppies, he's using racing super soft tyres. That'll make most of the older cars roll when you attack the kerbs.

I've also changed the thread title. "Badly" is the adverb, not "bad".

Last edited:
I've also changed the thread title. "Badly" is the adverb, not "bad".

I'm trying to get the best out of my Asian English grammar :D

Lower the 86 and it drives like a dream. With the right tuning, it's easily the best-handling car in its class.

The Pantera also drives nicely. Since it's mid-engined, you want it to slide, because that's where you get that extra cornering speed.

I did drop my AE86 and it handled as good as Takumi's

the Pantera isn't my cup of coffee, I'm used to driving grippy Japanese cars, but still I won't sell this masterpiece of Italian engineering

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like Lamborghini as a brand but there's a few cars here that arent so great.

I dislike the 1974 Countach. the 88 is fine. I think the Diablo GT is "ok".... not great but its quite a decent N500 track car.... very stable.

The Veneno I dislike.,. it is fast as an N600 thing but it drives like a dumptruck.

The Huracan is ace... in every class n500/600 and GT3/4.

The SVJ is transformative over the old 2011 Aventador.

The N400 Miura is really good... its a low 7'20" type car on RH on the Ring.

Any with the word "LAMBORGHINI" in it. :lol:
true, the Huracan handles weirdly after a tight corner, with either one of the front tires lifting up
and the Aventador handles like a ****box

other than that, no Lambo handles terrible

Last edited:
Oh boy...

Porsche 356A is just outright difficult to tell if its about to slide
Dodge Challenger R/T the same as the 356, but less responsive
KTM X-Bow R can get snappy at max weight reduction
Dodge Viper GT3-R doesn't match my style at all
Volkswagen 1200 is just sketchy at high speed
SRT Tomahawk X at low speed is questionable
Chaparral 2X is a bit awkward with its acceleration compared to its downforce

Basically, if I haven't figured it out yet.

Personally I find the Pantera to be one of the most fun and rewarding cars in the game.

My list:

Veneno
Aventador
'80s M3
Viper Gr.3
'70s Challenger
Stratos

Last edited:
some cars are actually quite forgivable, in their era cars of their kind all seemed to handle like land yachts except for the Lemans cars and Formula cars
specifically cars from the 70's​

Last edited:
new list:
  1. 2019 Supra GT3 concept - come on, it has a gigantic wing but still wheel-spins at second gear
  2. '17 NSX I could barely do a lap at mount panorama

new list:
  1. 2019 Supra GT3 concept - come on, it has a gigantic wing but still wheel-spins at second gear.

That, I beg to disagree. FRs tend to spin their rear wheels more than MRs, be aware of that.

But that Supra became an instant favorite among Gr.3, and even dominated multiple times. Great speed and stability, and the only car that can rival it is the AMG GT3.

Last edited:
new list:
  1. 2019 Supra GT3 concept - come on, it has a gigantic wing but still wheel-spins at second gear
  2. '17 NSX I could barely do a lap at mount panorama
Why would you expect the wing to cut down wheelspin in 2nd gear? You do know that wings need speed for them to work?

And there's noting wrong with the NSX. It's a bit slidey on sport hards but it handles fine.

Agility = Oversteer
Stability
= Understeer

A Lancia Stratos for example is an extremely agile car, it achieves this with a wide track and a short wheelbase, along with a low weight. In skilled hands the Stratos can do whatever its driver wants it to, but the driver needs to learn how to command, or "tame" it. Use very subtle inputs.

The 512BB is like a larger Stratos with more weight, but very point-able. You 4-wheel drift with it, depending on the tires/grip. One of my favorite cars in any GT game featuring it.

If given the choice between oversteer and understeer, I'll pick oversteer. Oversteer can be tamed. It's more difficult to correct an understeery car heading for the grass/wall.

The Lancia Stratos cannot be called a bad handling car. It requires a driver who can handle it, and if it has that, it's the best handling car anywhere near its class (the Alfa 4c gets a look in).

The Stratos never does the same thing twice. It requires muscling and wrestling into behaving. One cannot simply brake, ease off, turn in and apply the power. The Stratos demands more of you. It demands to be driven quickly. If you lose your bottle or your command over her, she will spit you out in a heartbeat.

There is no more visceral cornering experience I can bring to mind. Lovely Stratos, you don't belong in this thread. Don't listen to them, they can't hurt you. They can't drive you.

I believe even a "bad handling" car can be a decent one if you spend time with it.

Knowledge about drivetrain layouts is ESSENTIAL. That way, you can adjust your driving style according to each car's behavior.

AE86s, Porsche 911s, Lancia Stratos, Miura, Countach, AM Vulcan and even the Aventador/Veneno can be competitive if you spend time driving and tinkering them.

Don't just slap on RSS tires and call it a day. Improving a car doesn't work that way.

And there's noting wrong with the NSX. It's a bit slidey on sport hards but it handles fine.

I think he keeps using RSS on N Class cars, which would make them act funny. The NSX '17 is unpredictable on race tires.

And there he is, immediately jumping on conclusions on a car's handling.

Last edited:
Back