What cars do you think handle badly?

The Lexus RC F, I tried all the tricks up my sleeve and still handles like the car it is. Lesson learned, never take a heavy car to the ring, even if you have RSS tires or not

The Lexus RC F, I tried all the tricks up my sleeve and still handles like the car it is. Lesson learned, never take a heavy car to the ring, even if you have RSS tires or not

It is heavy, indeed. But by your logic, shouldn't a Nissan GT-R be bad at the Nordschleife too? But it clearly isn't.

But there is a workaround, let me re-quote this:

I believe even a "bad handling" car can be a decent one if you spend time with it.

Knowledge about drivetrain layouts is ESSENTIAL. That way, you can adjust your driving style according to each car's behavior.

AE86s, Porsche 911s, Lancia Stratos, Miura, Countach, AM Vulcan and even the Aventador/Veneno can be competitive if you spend time driving and tinkering them.

Don't just slap on RSS tires and call it a day. Improving a car doesn't work that way.

First and foremost, RSS tires will not solve your handling woes. A heavyweight FR requires early braking and weight transfer to get the most out of it. Pretty much applies to AMGs and Aston Martins as well.

I am not vouching for the RCF, either. But skill is needed to compensate.

From what little time I spent with it, I remember that the Aston Vulcan was egregiously disappointing. Understeered at all speeds and was prone to irrecoverable snap-oversteer if you even thought about touching the throttle. Even with such a clumsy amount of power, the acceleration just doesn't live up to the power figure. When compared to the Audi E-Tron VGT - which feels like a heavy car that handles its weight quite well, it really doesn't butter my parsnips.

EDIT: Since I posted before I saw the earlier post mentioning the Vulcan, I feel obliged to add some originality by mentioning the Pagani Huayra.

That absolute lorry of a car is so unintelligible that it puts a chip on my shoulder. Of course it stops well enough, but when you're approaching a corner in a state where you're standing on the front axle and doing your best to avoid a spin, no response that you get from the thing gives you a clue what to do next. If you turn too little, you go sailing off the track. If you turn too much, you go sailing off the track. If you turn as much as you did last time you successfully made the corner, you go sailing off the track. If you've managed to trail off the brakes to the point where you've made the apex with the car pointing straight, but then you're a fraction early with the throttle, you go sailing off the track.

Even when you have learned to handle the car well enough to start posting some representative times, it's like trying to pick a bar of soap up during a particularly cold shower. There's no true sense of control or satisfaction and when the session's over, there's no sense of accomplishment from perhaps making the podium or topping the timing sheet. There's only relief that you can put the thing away and start driving a car that does at least sometimes do what you want it to.

Last edited:
If you have an issue with the Lexus RC-F and its more expensive cousin, the LC500, then you will have problems with a lot of cars in GT Sport.

The layout is common... a 4,000lb 400-500hp RWD sport coupe. I see bits of the RC-F types in the Mustang Camaro Charger Jaguar F Type Maserati Gran Turismo... the list goes on.

They are NOT bad cars. At the N400/500 level I can easily get them to beat the GT4s around the "Ring.

This is level 1 weight with a tune and RH and even in some cases, SS. I dont use RM or RSS.

Have you guys ever driven a large high performance V8 or turbo V6 or inline six RWD sport sedan on the roads? I used to daily cars like this all the time.

They are an acquired taste and they require a careful driver. Same as in GT Sport.

Get all your braking done in a straight line. Corner carefully and accurately. Exit on the power smoothly.

Dont try to mix a heap of steering input with lots of power delivery.

The Lexus RC-F actually surprised me. I didnt think a mere n400 1,780kg (??) car could be that competant at the 'Ring but its doable and enjoyable.

Back